Ford Inside News banner

161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Who do you consider to be the leaders? Serious question. Because the Europeans do some things better, but they have issues the automotive media tends to gloss over.
I can't speak for Samesun but the "issues" the Europeans have do not prevent them from selling a huge amount of vehicles. Lincoln has yet to sell a huge amount of vehicles so I guess that they could be said to be behind "the leaders." Lincoln is upping their game especially with their SUV/CUVs but they haven't caught up with "the leaders" yet.

I, for one, hope that Lincoln is working on developing compelling new models. Nautilus is a refresh albeit a very important one (new face and name). I'm encouraged that perhaps the next generation of cars will be significant upgrades over present offerings especially as S650 and CD6 should be available.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I can't speak for Samesun but the "issues" the Europeans have do not prevent them from selling a huge amount of vehicles. Lincoln has yet to sell a huge amount of vehicles so I guess that they could be said to be behind "the leaders." Lincoln is upping their game especially with their SUV/CUVs but they haven't caught up with "the leaders" yet.

I, for one, hope that Lincoln is working on developing compelling new models. Nautilus is a refresh albeit a very important one (new face and name). I'm encouraged that perhaps the next generation of cars will be significant upgrades over present offerings especially as S650 and CD6 should be available.
True, but I contend it's less about the product and more about image/brand cachet. It's possible, maybe even likely, that even if Lincoln puts out a superior product, which is possible depending on one's definition of "superior", Lincoln will never catch them in that regard. There are a lot of badge whores out there. Having owned my share of German vehicles, I can tell you there are benefits without a doubt. But there are annoyances that one needs to endure, too.

·
Registered
394 Posts
So you are really concerned about Navigator huh!
Don't sweat it. Cadillac is years behind it.
Yes...all I do is eat, sleep, and ****e what will happen to nav sales :l

I think the nav is well engineered. The interior is gorgeous imo.. although I can see it being polarizing. But that exterior seems to be underwhelming to be kind. And Escalade sells mostly on its swagger so it’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. And a new Escalade is not far away!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Who do you consider to be the leaders? Serious question. Because the Europeans do some things better, but they have issues the automotive media tends to gloss over.
The leaders are the top sellers and their customers are loyal and buy because of the badge and reputation. A non damaged brand can get by on its reputation alone as long as they continue to innovate and offer a superb experience. The NAME SELLS THE CAR. A customer wants say, a Mercedes and then picks the size and type of vehicle in the Mercedes lineup. And I also consider leaders to be the manufacturers that innovate and put out no-excuse product. Leaders know their customer and build what is demanded and expected. Non-leaders copy and paste and never quite know their own product one model to the next. Lincoln blindly just continues to throw darts at the premium market ever hopeful that something will hit a bullseye. However, its sales STILL continue to be under 10k a month...indicative that they are not building desirable vehicles. I’ve pretty much lost all hope for Lincoln based off the lame vehicles these last 5 years. Lincoln reminds me of a shaky old man tentatively dipping his toe in the water but scared to commit to anything.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Yes...all I do is eat, sleep, and ****e what will happen to nav sales :l

I think the nav is well engineered. The interior is gorgeous imo.. although I can see it being polarizing. But that exterior seems to be underwhelming to be kind. And Escalade sells mostly on its swagger so it’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. And a new Escalade is not far away!

You stated you hoped it would do good. I confirmed that it is a much better product.
You can now relax. :x

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
The leaders are the top sellers and their customers are loyal and buy because of the badge and reputation. A non damaged brand can get by on its reputation alone as long as they continue to innovate and offer a superb experience. The NAME SELLS THE CAR. A customer wants say, a Mercedes and then picks the size and type of vehicle in the Mercedes lineup. And I also consider leaders to be the manufacturers that innovate and put out no-excuse product. Leaders know their customer and build what is demanded and expected. Non-leaders copy and paste and never quite know their own product one model to the next. Lincoln blindly just continues to throw darts at the premium market ever hopeful that something will hit a bullseye. However, its sales STILL continue to be under 10k a month...indicative that they are not building desirable vehicles. I’ve pretty much lost all hope for Lincoln based off the lame vehicles these last 5 years. Lincoln reminds me of a shaky old man tentatively dipping his toe in the water but scared to commit to anything.

Lincoln never has to be a leader in terms of volumes, because it has a parent company that is the best selling brand in America.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well, there you have it ... you view leaders and top sellers as the same thing. I do not. Leaders build the best product -- the appropriate product -- for their target audience.

Despite what we're led to believe, BMW's are not always the best driving, Mercedes do not always provide the most comfort and luxury, and Audis don't always have the nicest interior and best AWD systems. But they all have very consistent, very refined marketing messages. Cadillac is trying to portray the same image as BMW, and it's not working. Why? Because the traditional Cadillac customer doesn't want a BMW with a Cadillac badge. By trying to reposition the brand against the Germans, Johan de Nysschen is answering a question very few asked, and alienating their core customers in the process.

Lincoln has foolishly tried competing with the Germans, too, although they did it with products that weren't remotely competitive. Today, Lincoln brand managers finally get it. They are no longer comparing themselves to the Germans. They have looked into their own history to plan their path forward. "Quiet luxury" is the perfect message for the brand. The quiet part they've already achieved. They just need a little [okay, in some cases a lot] more luxury. The market segment is relatively small, so they will never sell in huge volumes. But if they provide the right product, with the right marketing, they can own it. And that will, in my eyes, make Lincoln a leader.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
...Non-leaders copy and paste and never quite know their own product one model to the next. **** blindly just continues to throw darts at the premium market ever hopeful that something will hit a bullseye...
...tentatively dipping his toe in the water but scared to commit to anything.
I had to give a like for the first, bolded part :thumb:
I also believe there's been TOO MUCH of a tentative-ness OR
too tentative APPEARING
and though:
Lincoln never has to be a leader in terms of volumes, because it has a parent company that is the best selling brand in America.
I can't help but think they could accomplish "amazing things" (quote Howard Carter when 1st seeing King Tut's tomb) if they [ let . up . on . the . brakes ]!

...Despite what we're led to believe, BMW's are not always the best driving, Mercedes do not always provide the most comfort and luxury, and Audis don't always have the nicest interior and best AWD systems. But they all have very consistent ... messages....

...Today, Lincoln brand managers finally get it. They are no longer comparing themselves to the Germans. They have looked into their own history to plan their path forward. "Quiet luxury" is the perfect message for the brand. The quiet part they've already achieved. They just need a little [okay, in some cases a lot] more luxury. The market segment is relatively small, so they will never sell in huge volumes. But if they provide the right product, with the right marketing, they can own it. And that will, in my eyes, make Lincoln a leader.
:thumb: :thumb:
seems to me everybody in the Family is able to define-&-champion the Ford Brand
but
not since Edsel Ford has anyone been there for Lincoln-Mercury

- - - - - - - -

**** ^ I like to draw a firm distinction between a NAMEPLATE and a COMPANY
as well as FROM any self-aware, conscious entity = the humans in charge of the above.

I've said before that Lincoln can be considered to be MERELY Ford's 'hobby' ...ie the Ford family members influential in the company + the company as a whole...
AND; that-by-itself won't preclude Lincoln becoming as revered as any global Luxury Brand;
will just take soooooooooooo much longer than necessary

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
I still think the 'quiet luxury' concept is one that Lincoln had to adopt because they had to reinvent themselves, but didn't have the platforms or market penetration to compete with the global leaders.

Lincoln cannot sustain itself or grow being a 'niche' brand targeting the 40+ who actually feel 40+.

With the new Lincoln platform coming that allows for RWD along with the new 8-speed transmission, Lincoln will finally be able to offer products where consumers cross-shopping globally can keep Lincoln on the same list as Mercedes-Bens, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, and now Cadillac. A change in direction of the brand will also have to take place if Lincoln expects to attract the sub 40 consumers.

I expect Lincoln to maintain a trim level that maintains the 'quiet luxury' with larger sedans and SUVs, but offering more performance luxury for the midsize and below segments. The global luxury leaders are not the leaders by accident and they have learned to adapt and come more downmarket to grab an even larger and younger part of the performance luxury segment. It was not long ago that there was no sub $30k Mercedes-Bens or BMW models. They saw where the real meat of the market was, and went for it and are doing very well. Lincoln can't help but follow their lead if they want to win as well.

The new face of the MKC and MKX is moving in that direction, but an all-new Aviator on the new platform should make Lincoln's direction clear, with a new MKZ(or whatever it's called), should be targeted squarely at the sub 40 segment and go head to head with C-Class/3-Series, matching performance and body styles.

Lincoln needs to go all the way or just get out of the way.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I still think the 'quiet luxury' concept is one that Lincoln had to adopt because they had to reinvent themselves, but didn't have the platforms or market penetration to compete with the global leaders.
Sure it was about reinvention, or maybe rediscovery is a better word, but I don't think they did it simply because they couldn't compete with the hardware they had. I think they realized they could never compete with the Germans regardless of the hardware. Once again, look to Cadillac as an example. They have three models that can go toe-to-toe with BMW, and the formula still isn't working. Cadillac customers don't want a BMW in Cadillac clothing, and German car owners simply don't want a Cadillac badge no matter how capable the car.

Lincoln cannot sustain itself or grow being a 'niche' brand targeting the 40+ who actually feel 40+.
Who says you need to be 40+ to appreciate quiet luxury? I grew out of my "everything has to handle like a go-kart" phase when I was in my early 30's. I want power, lots of it, but I'll pass on the teeth-rattling suspensions. Composed, yes, but harsh? No thanks! And my BMW was absolutely harsh. Never again.

Lincoln doesn't need to market just to 40-somethings and above, but they do need to find creative ways to shift paradigms. As strange as the Matthew McConaughey commercials are, they are in fact reaching a slightly younger audience. It'll be a whole lot easier to convince a 30-year old that comfort is an aspirational quality than to convince a Benz owner that a Lincoln has more cachet. Plus, autonomous driving will push people toward comfy cruisers. What's the point of having a canyon-carver when you're just a passenger?

With the new Lincoln platform coming that allows for RWD along with the new 8-speed transmission, Lincoln will finally be able to offer products where consumers cross-shopping globally can keep Lincoln on the same list as Mercedes-Bens, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, and now Cadillac. A change in direction of the brand will also have to take place if Lincoln expects to attract the sub 40 consumers.

...a new MKZ(or whatever it's called), should be targeted squarely at the sub 40 segment and go head to head with C-Class/3-Series, matching performance and body styles.
I don't see it happening. Small sedans are a tough sell right now. The $300 lease deals on even the best brands are evidence of that. Lincoln can't make any money there, so I say let the others fight it out. Sometimes the right strategy is to go where the others aren't. I'd love to say a wagon is the answer, but the stigma remains. A 190" 5-door GT, on the other hand, could find an audience. Think Kia Stinger, Regal Sportback or VW Arteon. I have a feeling that segment is about to take off.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts

I expect Lincoln to maintain a trim level that maintains the 'quiet luxury' with larger sedans and SUVs, but offering more performance luxury for the midsize and below segments. The global luxury leaders are not the leaders by accident and they have learned to adapt and come more downmarket to grab an even larger and younger part of the performance luxury segment. It was not long ago that there was no sub $30k Mercedes-Bens or BMW models. They saw where the real meat of the market was, and went for it and are doing very well. Lincoln can't help but follow their lead if they want to win as well.

The new face of the MKC and MKX is moving in that direction, but an all-new Aviator on the new platform should make Lincoln's direction clear, with a new MKZ(or whatever it's called), should be targeted squarely at the sub 40 segment and go head to head with C-Class/3-Series, matching performance and body styles.

Lincoln needs to go all the way or just get out of the way.

Obviously RWD is coming, and even when it arrives, I predict the bulk of sales will be FWD.
And does Lincoln really need a sub $30K small sedan, when you can get a Titanium Focus? The money all goes back to Ford anyway, so there is little incentive to prop up a few Lincoln low profit sales, which no doubt would take away from Ford low profit sales. Short of that, they clearly are going all the way IMO, because again, Lincoln never has to be a sales leader. They just need to offer compelling products.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Obviously RWD is coming, and even when it arrives, I predict the bulk of sales will be FWD.
And does Lincoln really need a sub $30K small sedan, when you can get a Titanium Focus? The money all goes back to Ford anyway, so there is little incentive to prop up a few Lincoln low profit sales, which no doubt would take away from Ford low profit sales. Short of that, they clearly are going all the way IMO, because again, Lincoln never has to be a sales leader. They just need to offer compelling products.
I don't see a need for a small sedan, but I would like to see unique product offerings. Like a Mustang based shortened 2 seater, or a lengthened 4 seater version. RWD, or AWD, but with a powerful V8 option Like the CTS-V.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ depends on how we think of "small sedan" —imho— my thinking went thru a major change
from slightly stretched LincStang with a real rearseat
paired with a Focus-based pure-BEV and Plug-In
to
something that can do all of that in a 3er-size package (no smaller) yet have one drivetrain&trim be affordable enough (yet good enough) for a true 'welcome-to-Lincoln' pricepoint (~$33,333?)
...now, I want to see graphs of all LUX models/brands showing quantity BY price!! :nerd:
...A 190" 5-door GT, on the other hand, could find an audience. Think Kia Stinger, Regal Sportback or VW Arteon. I have a feeling that segment is about to take off.
190.0 - 113.1 - 73.2 - 56.3 -- 2018 E-class coupe
189.9 - 115.0 - 72.0 - 59.4 -- BMW 328GT
184.5 - 111.8 - 71.3 - 56.8 -- 2018 C-class sedan
- - - - - - -

sorry Bloggin, your combining of the MKZ (which IS E-class/5er size or more) with the idea of fighting the C-class/3er makes it hard for me to reply on that front
:(
so
...I expect Lincoln to maintain a trim level that maintains the 'quiet luxury' with larger sedans and SUVs, but offering more performance luxury for the midsize and below segments...
this^ sounds like the larger AND smaller vehicles could share a same TOP-drivetrain
which would provide still-higher performance for the smaller/lighter ones, while
also economy of scale == 400++hp for EVERYthing >:) (~999hp?)
...maybe if the highest-power is electrifried-power, the motors could just be hooked up to diff size batteries? thinking canyon-carving and track-performance would not require 400mile range(?);
the latter might even *want* half the battery to be removeable!?!

Sure it was about reinvention, or maybe rediscovery is a better word, but I don't think they did it simply because they couldn't compete with the hardware they had. I think they realized they could never compete with the Germans regardless of the hardware...
I can clearly remember when the D3 "500"/Montego came out, they only had a 203hp 3.0v6,
even the next year the Fusion/Milan/Zephyr only had a 'PIP'(performance enhanced) 3.0v6 with 221hp;
THAT was why the MKS waited ~2½-3years for the 3.5EB/3.7natural
so
imho
YES, FLincmoco simply couldn't compete/COME-CLOSE with the hardware they had

...It was not long ago that there was no sub $30k Mercedes-Bens or BMW models...
...Lincoln can't help but follow their lead if they want to win as well...
there's no way Lincoln can "descend" like the Germans since they haven't gotten 'UP-there' yet
:confused:
...should be targeted squarely at the sub 40 segment...
I do not know what the age-bracket of the Lux segment wants
:confused:

...an all-new Aviator on the new platform should make Lincoln's direction clear...
(sorta as I said earlier this evening) FLincmoco's leaders have to DECIDE on a DIRECTION, imho.
Relying on a succession of vehicles to show THEM the way seems backwards (tho works FINE for the customers)

...a new MKZ(or whatever it's called)...
if cD6 happens, imho that's completely UN-related to the Z as done so far...unless
FLincmoco FORCES an artificial resemblance, which
I see NO Reason for

...Who says you need to be 40+ to appreciate quiet luxury?...
the Germans, Cadillac, Lexoid, etc ... THO
the electrifrying Perception-Sea-Change can change that

...I grew out of my "everything has to handle like a go-kart" phase when I was in my early 30's. I want power, lots of it, but I'll pass on the teeth-rattling suspensions. Composed, yes, but harsh? No thanks! And my BMW was absolutely harsh. Never again...
you and Andrew and Rmc are ahead of the 'wave' ...err "curve"

...Lincoln doesn't need to market just to 40-somethings and above, but they do need to find creative ways to shift paradigms. :)thumb:) As strange as the Matthew McConaughey commercials are, they are in fact reaching a slightly younger audience. It'll be a whole lot easier to convince a 30-year old that comfort is an aspirational quality than to convince a Benz owner that a Lincoln has more cachet. Plus, autonomous driving will push people toward comfy cruisers...
just-imho the electrifrying can do that sooner
why wait for the(/what I call) IM-possible

...I'd love to say a wagon is the answer, but the stigma remains...
I still think the ACTIVE™ approach (much more Marketing than engineering) can work as a gateway-drug to true wagon-addiction
>:)

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Who do you consider to be the leaders? Serious question...
...Lincoln needs to go all the way or just get out of the way.
kind of a long article I only sorta finished :angel

It’s the End of the Road for Fake Luxury
TTAC,
By Jack Baruth on December 8, 2017

...The second tier consists of Acura, Infiniti, Cadillac, Genesis, Lincoln, tain college towns, nobody thinks a Volvo is equal to a Mercedes-Benz. Outside Detroit, nobody thinks a Cadillac is equal to a BMW. You can lecture your friends and neighbors about how the Jaguar XE has more soul than a C-Class and a Continental has a better sound system than an LS460 but it doesn’t really matter. Branding, like cocaine, is a he11 of a drug...

...As we recently learned at the auto show, Lexus is no longer willing to lose seven-seater CUV business. If you have thirty grand in cash or the ability to make a $500/month payment, you can have a car from any of the four top brands, no problem.

Which puts the second-tier automakers in a bit of a quandary. They can’t sell on price, product, or position any more. There’s just one thing left to sell — the deal. The only way somebody’s going to select the second tier is if they think they’re getting away with something. This has been true in the clothing and timepiece business for quite some time now: who’s gonna buy a Ralph Lauren anything unless it’s on sale? You see anybody paying full whack for a Bell&Ross watch lately?...

...But there’s no need to worry, because no matter how low these brands stoop, they’ll still have Buick to pick on...

...Mark my words, there is yet another ruthless consolidation coming for the present-day automakers. And this time it will target the slowest gazelles on the savannah, the near-luxury brands that need $15,000 discounts just to get people into a showroom. This isn’t necessarily a product problem. The current Infiniti sedan is very good. And you can have a brilliant product fall apart without branding.

Forty-eight grand on perhaps the most innovative and fascinating sporting car to appear in a decade. If you had a chance to drive an Acura NSX, you’d get out of the car a passionate evangelist for the thing. I’ve seen it happen a dozen times. But the branding and the market position don’t support it. It’s more than a shame — it’s a tragedy, because marketplace failures like this discourage the development of great new product. Every time an NSX fails, a sickeningly cynical compact luxury SUV product plan gets its wings.

What’s the fix? You might as well ask me, “So what is the color of the boathouse at Hereford?” I don’t pretend to have the answers. All I can tell you is how Lexus broke into that top tier. They sold a very good product with an outstanding customer experience at a low, low price, and they kept the price low for a long time, and they didn’t play too many games with incentives or discounts. That’s a tough road to take — but, like they say, it’s a long way to the top if you wanna rock-and-roll with the big boys.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
For Lincoln to attract consumers in the largest luxury segment, they will need to target the performance luxury customer, with the bulk being in the 30s, reaching into the 50s. But performance luxury does not mean driving a rock, but a more athletic, youthful design. Being the 'new' kid on the luxury block, electrification could be the edge Lincoln needs to attract that largest customer base. A replacement MKZ full EV with 300+ miles of range, single and dual motors, with the Lincoln luxury interiors with a more youthful/sporting feel. And with C-Class being more in line with Lincolns focus on luxury over performance, the C-Class with a 111.8-inch wheelbase would make it a midsize in wheelbase, but with short front/rear overhangs to give it a smaller, more sporting appearance. Or look at the Model 3 which has a 113.2 wheelbase, but with tight front/rear overhangs giving it more of a performance look. But clearly Lincoln has to reach the largest global luxury market one way or another, but it can't get there being 'quiet'.

I just look at what China demands, and that is EVs, and if Lincoln wants's that to be their largest market....they better get there fast, because BMW, Mercedes, and Audi are coming quickly with full EV lineups. Lincoln has no choice but to play...

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
kind of a long article I only sorta finished :angel

It’s the End of the Road for Fake Luxury
TTAC,
By Jack Baruth on December 8, 2017

...The second tier consists of Acura, Infiniti, Cadillac, Genesis, Lincoln, tain college towns, nobody thinks a Volvo is equal to a Mercedes-Benz. Outside Detroit, nobody thinks a Cadillac is equal to a BMW. You can lecture your friends and neighbors about how the Jaguar XE has more soul than a C-Class and a Continental has a better sound system than an LS460 but it doesn’t really matter. Branding, like cocaine, is a he11 of a drug...

...As we recently learned at the auto show, Lexus is no longer willing to lose seven-seater CUV business. If you have thirty grand in cash or the ability to make a $500/month payment, you can have a car from any of the four top brands, no problem.

Which puts the second-tier automakers in a bit of a quandary. They can’t sell on price, product, or position any more. There’s just one thing left to sell — the deal. The only way somebody’s going to select the second tier is if they think they’re getting away with something. This has been true in the clothing and timepiece business for quite some time now: who’s gonna buy a Ralph Lauren anything unless it’s on sale? You see anybody paying full whack for a Bell&Ross watch lately?...

...But there’s no need to worry, because no matter how low these brands stoop, they’ll still have Buick to pick on...

...Mark my words, there is yet another ruthless consolidation coming for the present-day automakers. And this time it will target the slowest gazelles on the savannah, the near-luxury brands that need $15,000 discounts just to get people into a showroom. This isn’t necessarily a product problem. The current Infiniti sedan is very good. And you can have a brilliant product fall apart without branding.

Forty-eight grand on perhaps the most innovative and fascinating sporting car to appear in a decade. If you had a chance to drive an Acura NSX, you’d get out of the car a passionate evangelist for the thing. I’ve seen it happen a dozen times. But the branding and the market position don’t support it. It’s more than a shame — it’s a tragedy, because marketplace failures like this discourage the development of great new product. Every time an NSX fails, a sickeningly cynical compact luxury SUV product plan gets its wings.

What’s the fix? You might as well ask me, “So what is the color of the boathouse at Hereford?” I don’t pretend to have the answers. All I can tell you is how Lexus broke into that top tier. They sold a very good product with an outstanding customer experience at a low, low price, and they kept the price low for a long time, and they didn’t play too many games with incentives or discounts. That’s a tough road to take — but, like they say, it’s a long way to the top if you wanna rock-and-roll with the big boys.

I started to read the article, and stopped doing it just when I realized that the author places Lexus on the same level as Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz. Obviously, is the typical American dazzled by the vulgar ostentation of the luxury brand of Toyota. Here, in Europe, the word Lexus doesn’t say absolutely to buyers of first class vehicles.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I do think Lincoln should make a small car. Based on the Focus platform but not sharing parts from it. Like a Focus-sized Continental.

This is like you ask Audi to make a small car without sharing parts with VW Golf, or Mercedes-Benz make the A-Class without share the cost with Nissan-Infiniti, or ask VW to make different platform and power plants for their luxury SUVs Porsche Cayenne/Audi Q7/Bentley Bentayga/Lamborghini Urus. Or ask Toyota to make Lexus on totally exclusive platforms.... is a crazy and completely non-viable idea

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
For Lincoln to attract consumers in the largest luxury segment, they will need to target the performance luxury customer, with the bulk being in the 30s, reaching into the 50s. But performance luxury does not mean driving a rock, but a more athletic, youthful design. Being the 'new' kid on the luxury block, electrification could be the edge Lincoln needs to attract that largest customer base. A replacement MKZ full EV with 300+ miles of range, single and dual motors, with the Lincoln luxury interiors with a more youthful/sporting feel. And with C-Class being more in line with Lincolns focus on luxury over performance, the C-Class with a 111.8-inch wheelbase would make it a midsize in wheelbase, but with short front/rear overhangs to give it a smaller, more sporting appearance. Or look at the Model 3 which has a 113.2 wheelbase, but with tight front/rear overhangs giving it more of a performance look. But clearly Lincoln has to reach the largest global luxury market one way or another, but it can't get there being 'quiet'.

I just look at what China demands, and that is EVs, and if Lincoln wants's that to be their largest market....they better get there fast, because BMW, Mercedes, and Audi are coming quickly with full EV lineups. Lincoln has no choice but to play...

You are wrong. China is not demanding EVs...not the customers. Is the Chinese government that is demanding EVs! And many automakers can’t give what the Chinese gov want because E L E C T R I C V E H I C L E S A R E N O T P R O F I T A B L E. Not yet...

161 - 180 of 185 Posts