Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I thought this was supposed to be heavily updated?

I think the original plan was to not update it at all, and just release an All New model, but I'm guessing that was pushed back a little so they decided it was best to at least give it the Lincoln face in the mean time. Looks like they didn't even give it the Lincoln switch gear... :face palm:. It did however receive a new chrome strip above the rear license plate!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ otoh, I heard this is supposed to be a short-lived update - 2 yrs max?

new wheels - wonder if they're [BL]?

Geeshhhh who's the head over there at Lincoln Design? They made the same mistake with the MKZ, making the front end/grill look so flat. Just recessing the grill back a bit would give it much more depth.
even tho I like the new face, esp ON the Z;
I'm disgusted by Lincoln's SLAVEISH conformity, model by model...
...imho a little freedom of (re)interpretation would be so sensible...it'd be better than genius = common.sense!!
inverted plinth ...for smaller vehicles actually: MKC & LincStangs

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^
just-imho, we're getting the new grille on the MKC BEFORE the all-new one
+
imho, the 9-speed should accompany ANY change to the X
2018s are already about to come out. The refresh will be 2019. Escape is likely to be 2020, so MKC might be a year after that, all new for 2021, which would mean the refresh lasting for 2 years. Remember, MKC debuted for 2015 model year, meaning it's gone 4 years before a refresh, so 2021 would be a typical 6-year product cycle...
I still wonder about the C & Escape de-coupling - but I'm stubborn >:) + not That rational
&
'18my MKC's Job1 was just like 10 days ago & the
'18my MKX's Job1 is gonna be 10 days from now...
Don't expect to see either at (most) dealers before November
...I'd love to see BOTH 'refreshes' start January-or-ASAP

...I think whether they debut both at the same show will depend on what they have in the pipeline for the rest of the show season. If they have a surprise concept (say next-gen MKZ or Aviator), then we'll likely see them both at LA. But if they don't have anything else slated, I think we'll see them debut at separate shows, just to keep some launch momentum going through multiple shows.
so conversely

*IF* they show both at L.A, they should have somethin else later, like NYC

*IF* they show only One at L.A, we might get ONLY one other later
&
a short video on facebook
didn't find it on youtube yet so can't embed

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
That's it? looks ok but a big meh! They just put the Conti grille into it! they could've done this a long time ago!
Also, the grille is to small IMO! The same, HLs TLs, interior! It is like they didn't want to do it. Same engine (same HP), no words on transmission so I assume it is the same ooooold 6-speed!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Aside from the grille the only new thing I see is a green interior. Curious to see that

"In addition, the Reserve trim features a Rialto Green cabin with black ash wood accents, which Lincoln says reflects a current theme popular in high fashion. Other options include a panoramic roof and heated and cooled seats."

other than that pretty **** underwhelming.

Reactions: 2b2 and HotRod

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I thought the MKC wore the split wing grille pretty well, not better than the MKZ though. I think the new grille is an improvement..... surprisingly, it actually looks a little more luxurious and sporty.

I think you guys have to keep in mind that this only a "REFRESH" and not an all new vehicle. Lincoln is obviously putting there money into the front end(biggest complaint) and the interior. If the rumors are true, a new one will be out in 2-3 years.

I hope they do a refresh on the MKX sooner than later to bring it along with the new design language.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
^ otoh, I heard this is supposed to be a short-lived update - 2 yrs max?

new wheels - wonder if they're [BL]?

even tho I like the new face, esp ON the Z;
I'm disgusted by Lincoln's SLAVEISH conformity, model by model...
...imho a little freedom of (re)interpretation would be so sensible...it'd be better than genius = common.sense!!
I think the new Lincoln face fits the MKC (uniformly rounded vehicle) better than the MKZ (rounded front-angular rear)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I thought the MKC wore the split wing grille pretty well, not better than the MKZ though. I think the new grille is an improvement..... surprisingly, it actually looks a little more luxurious and sporty.

I think you guys have to keep in mind that this only a "REFRESH" and not an all new vehicle. Lincoln is obviously putting there money into the front end(biggest complaint) and the interior. If the rumors are true, a new one will be out in 2-3 years.

I hope they do a refresh on the MKX sooner than later to bring it along with the new design language.
I think everyone gets that this was a refresh but really the only new thing is the grille and a new interior color. That's not much.

But I agree with you on other accounts I think it wears the new grille well and we all have to remember when the MKX gets this new grille it will be the first time since 2005 that the entire lineup has the same design language.

Reactions: HotRod

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Is exactly what we are expecting: a refresh to keep it atractive until the new model come arround 2021.

Now, we are waiting for the big news from Lincoln in LA Autoshow. If those news are not the new MKC, we can think in:

1- New concept, the Aviator based on current Explorer
2- New EV for Lincoln
3- New vehicle builded on the D6 platform, in RWD form! :-(

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Is exactly what we are expecting: a refresh to keep it atractive until the new model come arround 2021.

Now, we are waiting for the big news from Lincoln in LA Autoshow. If those news are not the new MKC, we can think in:

1- New concept, the Aviator based on current Explorer
2- New EV for Lincoln
3- New vehicle builded on the D6 platform, in RWD form! :-(
Oh man I hope the LA Auto Show for Lincoln isn't just the MKC

·
Registered
316 Posts
The exterior updates are appropriate for a mid-cycle refresh. I was hoping to see significant interior updates, but I can't say I was expecting them. Carscoops is reporting slightly more power from both engine options, but nothing on the gearbox. Carrying over the 6-speed would be inexcusable.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Based off what I read, the MKC has the most conquest sales of other luxury brands than any other vehicle in Lincoln's lineup, literally almost half comes from other brands. I guess the motto was if isn't broke, just improve it....... very little.

I think if this was all Lincoln had to announce for the LA auto show, they would've held off on releasing this refresh until the night before instead of almost 2 weeks in advance. Based on Wingsnut previous comments, we should have more in store from Lincoln.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
If I read right, and the Escape is coming out at the end of 2019 as a 2020 model, then this really might just be a long 2019 model. Escape will be all new, so MKC (renamed at that time?) would have to follow suit.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts