Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wingsnut TFL gives good reviews maybe they are not Motor Trend staged professionals more like the average Joe review. Less about presentation more the meat and potato type reviews. They have given Ford's F150 their top award and Ford's new Expedition also.They are one of the best shows that test out trucks in real tough scenarios. I challenge you Wingsnut go to your local dealer check out for yourself Ford and Lincoln vehicles because they have some real issues they need to address. Lincoln 2019 MKC hood gap is not good where the hood meets the top of the grill driver side almost always has a bigger gap then the passenger side. That loose center dash speaker grill they show on the Navigator, well on my dealer's lot their Navigator has the same problem. I had a Lincoln Continental on order and when it arrived it was a total let down. The Hood gaps just looked bad along with door alignments, trunk alignments and doors that rattle when the stereo was on. It also had rattles and creaks, too to many to address for a new car. The Car felt like little effort or care was given to build the car. I guess that is one way to kill your cars make them not meet your customers desires. I got pictures of both the car I order and some other issues Ford really needs to address. These are just a few quality issues Ford is having. F150 windshield black tint that goes around the front windshield is not covering up windshield's glue and inside metal post of the windshield. The F150 also has a issue with the door jam rubber that goes around the door opening is made too short and makes a gap in the upper corner where the plastic inside door post cover meets the top of the headliner. I been ford guy for all my life so was my dad and in my opinion of Ford is getting worst because quality on their vehicles is hit and miss on when they get it right. Got pictures of the car I ordered, one picture of the Hood gap problem, a few F150 pictures and three of my Shelby's that I loved. If you really got connection with Ford show them this stuff and get it fixed so that Fords blue oval will shine the best of anyone.

https://www.fordinsidenews.cohttps://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29396&thumb=1mhttps://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29398&thumb=1/forums/attachment.php?https://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29400&thumb=1attachmentid=29394&thumb=1https://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29402&thumb=1

Attachments

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
Some very glowing reviews above. Glad to read that. I signed up for a Nauti and Navi employee test drive coming up soon. Can't wait.

"Lincoln's resurgence is real. Or, it's getting real. It began with the new Navigator, which makes the Cadillac Escalade feel like a farm truck, and now the Nautilus, which feels like much more than a tweaked MKX with a new grille. Maybe the Aviator can keep it going."

·
Registered
43 Posts
my 50 anniversary Mustang, Lincoln MKZ black label and 2014 Shelby. These are just few of the Fords I owned. I just want Ford to make a product I can be happy with again. Got the Nautilus on order hope it comes out good.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
Wingsnut TFL gives good reviews maybe they are not Motor Trend staged professionals more like the average Joe review. Less about presentation more the meat and potato type reviews. They have given Ford's F150 their top award and Ford's new Expedition also.They are one of the best shows that test out trucks in real tough scenarios. I challenge you Wingsnut go to your local dealer check out for yourself Ford and Lincoln vehicles because they have some real issues they need to address. Lincoln 2019 MKC hood gap is not good where the hood meets the top of the grill driver side almost always has a bigger gap then the passenger side. That loose center dash speaker grill they show on the Navigator, well on my dealer's lot their Navigator has the same problem. I had a Lincoln Continental on order and when it arrived it was a total let down. The Hood gaps just looked bad along with door alignments, trunk alignments and doors that rattle when the stereo was on. It also had rattles and creaks, too to many to address for a new car. The Car felt like little effort or care was given to build the car. I guess that is one way to kill your cars make them not meet your customers desires. I got pictures of both the car I order and some other issues Ford really needs to address. These are just a few quality issues Ford is having. F150 windshield black tint that goes around the front windshield is not covering up windshield's glue and inside metal post of the windshield. The F150 also has a issue with the door jam rubber that goes around the door opening is made too short and makes a gap in the upper corner where the plastic inside door post cover meets the top of the headliner. I been ford guy for all my life so was my dad and in my opinion of Ford is getting worst because quality on their vehicles is hit and miss on when they get it right. Got pictures of the car I ordered, one picture of the Hood gap problem, a few F150 pictures and three of my Shelby's that I loved. If you really got connection with Ford show them this stuff and get it fixed so that Fords blue oval will shine the best of anyone.

https://www.fordinsidenews.cohttps://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29396&thumb=1mhttps://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29398&thumb=1/forums/attachment.php?https://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29400&thumb=1attachmentid=29394&thumb=1https://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29402&thumb=1

You and your father pay very close attention to Ford detail, clearly, and as such, you can spot these issues. Just as you would surely spot issues on ANY other manufacturer, if you were to scrutinize them equally. No automaker is perfect, and all can improve in many ways. I could probably list a half dozen issues on my 2017 Taurus, like panel gaps, trim mis-alignments, paint inconsistency, etc. But they are not issues to me. A true issue to me, is if my HVAC system stops working, or transmission shifts bad, or engine has issues at 40K. Those are engineering flaws or bad designs that I can’t tolerate. Gap or trim or paint imperfections are typically random process or tooling issues. Small beans to me. But of course, Ford needs to improve every aspect of their product quality. My only point again, aside from EVERYONE has issues, is that some things are just not worth worrying too much to the point that you pack your bags and leave for another “greener” pasture.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
What happened when Roman closed the hood? Sounded terrible and it didn’t shut. And when they tested the Yukon/navigator/Durango a few weeks back on fast lane truck, Nathan said regarding the ninety eight thousand nav...”quality is seriously an issue”. Starting to wonder about Lincoln quality.
It's pretty obvious it only latched the first latch but not the full latch keeping it down all the way. I do that all the time by accident.

I like the revised taillights on the Nautilus, I always disliked the dominating presence of bright red plastics on the back of the 2016 MKX design (same with the new Navigator), but the redesign completely changes out those graphics, giving them more dimension and brightwork while limiting the red plastics. It's certainly more modern like the way the German competition is designing these full-width fixtures. It goes a long way to moving the Nautilus up market.

I completely agree - that was one thing I didn't like about the MKX - the concept had a thin lightbar out back, and then the production model had a really thick (especially above the license plate) red bar that looked cheap. The new setup looks great and much more detailed.

That was the one of the most cheap-looking parts of the MKX. It seems like they might be moving away from that as the Aviator also doesn't have them. I guess we'll have to wait for the Navigator's refresh for a tail light swap.
Huh? Aviator has full width taillights...

Reactions: Assimilator

·
Registered
866 Posts
You and your father pay very close attention to Ford detail, clearly, and as such, you can spot these issues. Just as you would surely spot issues on ANY other manufacturer, if you were to scrutinize them equally. No automaker is perfect, and all can improve in many ways. I could probably list a half dozen issues on my 2017 Taurus, like panel gaps, trim mis-alignments, paint inconsistency, etc. But they are not issues to me. A true issue to me, is if my HVAC system stops working, or transmission shifts bad, or engine has issues at 40K. Those are engineering flaws or bad designs that I can’t tolerate. Gap or trim or paint imperfections are typically random process or tooling issues. Small beans to me. But of course, Ford needs to improve every aspect of their product quality.My only point again, aside from EVERYONE has issues, is that some things are just not worth worrying too much to the point that you pack your bags and leave for another “greener” pasture.
I'll bet that Ford upper management is saying the same things. "You can spot issues with ANY manufacturer. These are not issues for us. Some things are just not worth worrying (about) too much. Small beans. Keep Wall Street happy; keep the costs down."

Wings, you are a Ford employee, a Ford insider and a Ford customer. I get it. Most potential Ford customers are not Ford customers; they are not who you are. For decades, they have been packing their bags and leaving for other “greener” pastures. If another company - say, Toyota, just for example - takes design, engineering AND manufacturing quality seriously, greener pastures will exist.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Are we seriously going to say it's a Ford quality issue that he didn't close the ****in hood all the way? What a reach.

Also honestly I get that they have a huge following, but if you ever watch TFLCar or TFLTruck it becomes very obvious that they don't do their homework. They are notoriously sloppy and misinformed, across all brands. They're low budget and typically less informative than any other review. Just saying.

Nautilus reviews seem pretty good. It's a nice product, but nothing incredibly special in my eyes. The whole segment it occupies sucks in my opinion, though. Just boring.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'll bet that Ford upper management is saying the same things. "You can spot issues with ANY manufacturer. These are not issues for us. Some things are just not worth worrying (about) too much. Small beans. Keep Wall Street happy; keep the costs down."

Wings, you are a Ford employee, a Ford insider and a Ford customer. I get it. Most potential Ford customers are not Ford customers; they are not who you are. For decades, they have been packing their bags and leaving for other “greener” pastures. If another company - say, Toyota, just for example - takes design, engineering AND manufacturing quality seriously, greener pastures will exist.
...aaaaand if you use Toyota as an example, the easy response is that those greener pastures involve bottom-of-the-stack driver enjoyment. Hyundai/Kia have the same problem. Hondas are ugly and unimaginative for the most part, GM and FCA are both jokes, Mazda is fairly "nichey", Nissan is an afterthought nowadays, so...?

·
Registered
866 Posts
...aaaaand if you use Toyota as an example, the easy response is that those greener pastures involve bottom-of-the-stack driver enjoyment. Hyundai/Kia have the same problem. Hondas are ugly and unimaginative for the most part, GM and FCA are both jokes, Mazda is fairly "nichey", Nissan is an afterthought nowadays, so...?
... So, you mean the companies that are still $elling $edan$?

·
Registered
10,943 Posts

It used to be that you tolerated Ford quality for better style than the appliance Toyonda's. That is just not the case any more. Quality is darn close and continues to improve, while the Asians have also slipped in so many ways. Not quite parity, but darn close.

·
Registered
316 Posts
So the 2.0T and 2.7T do use different 8-speeds. I guess that information Ford offered a while back wasn't BS. It's also further indication that the GM/Ford 9/8-Speed does indeed have a problem with torque, as many of us have speculated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have issues with Ford and the way they treat the Lincoln brand like a Ford and not like a Lincoln. They give no more time to making a Lincoln then a Mustang. The Continental should have better build quality then your Taurus, it cost allot more. Also no new car should look like it just came out of a Econo body shop, i don't care which brand it is. I hope that not all Ford employees think like you otherwise I may be with the wrong company. Instead of coming out and saying yeah maybe we need work on that, you come out defending Ford for doing poor craftsmanship on there Flagship car and Truck. Then talk about other brands to justify Fords poor workmanship.
I do look at the other brands and some are now doing a better job then Ford overall. Dodge's Truck interior is so far ahead of Ford's its not funny. Yet I know their not perfect too, because they cannot get there center speaker grill any better then ford does on their Lincoln Navi but they sure did get the rest of the truck wright. That's why Ford's stock is in such a downward spin. Because Ford does not care about the details and with insiders like you who are OK with it too because all cars are not perfect.

Taurus is a good example it was the number one car when it first came out but the competition steps it up and Ford does not step it up they just let it die on the vine. If the Continental was put together like the Navigator or Expedition then I would be ok with the Continental and would be in one wright now. But its not it has the same build quality as a Mustang which is not OK. Lincoln was better off when they had there own factory and not made along with the Mustangs. If a company cannot get the simple things wright how can I expect them to get the big things wright.

I've owned allot of Fords over the years but at no time have I ever been more let down then now. Its not like this is my first Ford I've owned I've had many and I can tell you the quality has went down. My 2016 F150 had better build quality then 2018's. Yes I maybe harder on Ford because I am a fan of Ford. But I will not accept a vehicle that has a windshield that you can see a painted window post and glue in plain sight. Which none of the other brands have that problem. Ford could have just made the black border wider that goes around the glass to cover it up but they did not even do that . My dads 2005 F150 has no such problem and my brothers 2014 also has no such problem and the 2018 should not have that kind a problem either. Just like there should not be any differences in the F150's that comes out of Dearborn and the ones out of Kansas but there is a difference and you can see it. I don't expect perfection out of any brand but I do have some expectations out of Ford having bought them for over 3 decades. These new Fords are not meeting my expectations plain and simple. The issues are way too in your face and once you seen it, it cannot be unseen. Its only with the newer production trucks, the trucks made earlier in the year do not seem to have the problem like the later production trucks. If you are Ok with quality like this pictures shows I do not no what to say to you Wingsnut. I was hoping someone would take interest maybe fix these problems since some of you work for Ford.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
I have issues with Ford and the way they treat the Lincoln brand like a Ford and not like a Lincoln. They give no more time to making a Lincoln then a Mustang. The Continental should have better build quality then your Taurus, it cost allot more. Also no new car should look like it just came out of a Econo body shop, i don't care which brand it is. I hope that not all Ford employees think like you otherwise I may be with the wrong company. Instead of coming out and saying yeah maybe we need work on that, you come out defending Ford for doing poor craftsmanship on there Flagship car and Truck. Then talk about other brands to justify Fords poor workmanship. I do look at the other brands and some are now doing a better job then Ford overall. Dodge's Truck interior is so far ahead of Ford's its not funny. Yet I know their not perfect too, because they cannot get there center speaker grill any better then ford does on their Lincoln Navi but they sure did get the rest of the truck wright. That's why Ford's stock is in such a downward spin. Because Ford does not care about the details and with insiders like you who are OK with it too because all cars are not perfect. Taurus is a good example it was the number one car when it first came out but the competition steps it up and Ford does not step it up they just let it die on the vine. If the Continental was put together like the Navigator or Expedition then I would be ok with the Continental and would be in one wright now. But its not it has the same build quality as a Mustang which is not OK. Lincoln was better off when they had there own factory and not made along with the Mustangs. If a company cannot get the simple things wright how can I expect them to get the big things wright. I've owned allot of Fords over the years but at no time have I ever been more let down then now. Its not like this is my first Ford I've owned I've had many and I can tell you the quality has went down. My 2016 F150 had better build quality then 2018's. Yes I maybe harder on Ford because I am a fan of Ford. But I will not accept a vehicle that has a windshield that you can see a painted window post and glue in plain sight. Which none of the other brands have that problem. Ford could have just made the black border wider that goes around the glass to cover it up but they did not even do that . My dads 2005 F150 has no such problem and my brothers 2014 also has no such problem and the 2018 should not have that kind a problem either. Just like there should not be any differences in the F150's that comes out of Dearborn and the ones out of Kansas but there is a difference and you can see it. I don't expect perfection out of any brand but I do have some expectations out of Ford having bought them for over 3 decades. These new Fords are not meeting my expectations plain and simple. The issues are way too in your face and once you seen it, it cannot be unseen. Its only with the newer production trucks, the trucks made earlier in the year do not seem to have the problem like the later production trucks. If you are Ok with quality like this pictures shows I do not no what to say to you Wingsnut. I was hoping someone would take interest maybe fix these problems since some of you work for Ford.

Wow, things are really bad in your opinion. I mean, I tried to look at the bright side suggesting that things are not so bad, relative to the competition, as Ford steadily continues improving. But I am just a simple engineer, so what I say does not really matter, and I certainly have no power to create sudden change, as you seek. So instead, I will just agree, that things need fixing. Happy?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I won't say that I haven't had obvious build quality issues with my Ford and Lincolns, but typically only when the vehicle is a brand new model (which is often with me since I'm a chronic early adopter). I also understand that some perceived build issues are just design accommodations, such as the fact that seals settle over time and remain stiff when new, so some panel gaps will lessen on swing panels over time.

A car is a remarkably complicated thing, considering the overall quality on Ford products I give them some credit no matter what minor thing I might spot. But we need critical customers to not let things go unchecked.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I have issues with Ford and the way they treat the Lincoln brand like a Ford and not like a Lincoln. They give no more time to making a Lincoln then a Mustang. The Continental should have better build quality then your Taurus, it cost allot more. Also no new car should look like it just came out of a Econo body shop, i don't care which brand it is. I hope that not all Ford employees think like you otherwise I may be with the wrong company. Instead of coming out and saying yeah maybe we need work on that, you come out defending Ford for doing poor craftsmanship on there Flagship car and Truck. Then talk about other brands to justify Fords poor workmanship. I do look at the other brands and some are now doing a better job then Ford overall. Dodge's Truck interior is so far ahead of Ford's its not funny. Yet I know their not perfect too, because they cannot get there center speaker grill any better then ford does on their Lincoln Navi but they sure did get the rest of the truck wright. That's why Ford's stock is in such a downward spin. Because Ford does not care about the details and with insiders like you who are OK with it too because all cars are not perfect. Taurus is a good example it was the number one car when it first came out but the competition steps it up and Ford does not step it up they just let it die on the vine. If the Continental was put together like the Navigator or Expedition then I would be ok with the Continental and would be in one wright now. But its not it has the same build quality as a Mustang which is not OK. Lincoln was better off when they had there own factory and not made along with the Mustangs. If a company cannot get the simple things wright how can I expect them to get the big things wright. I've owned allot of Fords over the years but at no time have I ever been more let down then now. Its not like this is my first Ford I've owned I've had many and I can tell you the quality has went down. My 2016 F150 had better build quality then 2018's. Yes I maybe harder on Ford because I am a fan of Ford. But I will not accept a vehicle that has a windshield that you can see a painted window post and glue in plain sight. Which none of the other brands have that problem. Ford could have just made the black border wider that goes around the glass to cover it up but they did not even do that . My dads 2005 F150 has no such problem and my brothers 2014 also has no such problem and the 2018 should not have that kind a problem either. Just like there should not be any differences in the F150's that comes out of Dearborn and the ones out of Kansas but there is a difference and you can see it. I don't expect perfection out of any brand but I do have some expectations out of Ford having bought them for over 3 decades. These new Fords are not meeting my expectations plain and simple. The issues are way too in your face and once you seen it, it cannot be unseen. Its only with the newer production trucks, the trucks made earlier in the year do not seem to have the problem like the later production trucks. If you are Ok with quality like this pictures shows I do not no what to say to you Wingsnut. I was hoping someone would take interest maybe fix these problems since some of you work for Ford.
Paragraphs are your friend, it'd be helpful to ready your posts if you used them more lol.

I'd hope the brand new 2019 Ram's interior would be nicer than the new-for-2015 F-150's.

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
Something that SHELBY32 said that I have heard before that I would like to address, is the belief that if an automaker misses quality on one thing, they can easily miss it elsewhere.....or the really silly belief that if they pay little attention on some things, it probably translates to other things, blah-blah-blah. Just not the case, at all. In fact, 180 degrees opposite. It comes down to the effort put into each and every system or subsystem or sub-subsystem. A Ford is not entirely hand crafted by the same few people. It takes hundreds if not thousands of people who don't know each other, each working on their own individual system to design, engineer and build as best they can, given their processes. The combined effort put into just a car seat mechanism, is not only completely detached from what is happening inside an engine or transmission, or axle or suspension.....all of which have their own manufacturing locations.

Anyway, I think my point is clear here.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts