Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
U.S. Ford Motor Company sales decreased 4.1% in Q2 2019.

Here the charts: http://fordauthority.com/2019/07/ford-motor-company-sales-numbers-figures-results-second-quarter-2019-q2/

2 dead products show the best performance of the quarter: Fiesta (+69%) , MKT (+70%) . Another 2 zombie products saw an increace in its sales: Fusion (+24%), and the Flex +36% . A live and profitable product like the heavy duty trucks show a spectacular performance (+83%). The SUVs/crossovers that increaced the sales was the Expedition (+50%) and the EcoSport (+22%), the others sold less units: Explorer and Escape because are in the middle of a replacement launch, but the Edge are performing very bad without any apparent reason.

Maybe the customers still want cars. The Fiesta and Fusion sales say something about that...

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Deleted my comment, posted in the wrong thread

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Why are you posting an article from July as if it's new info?

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why are you posting an article from July as if it's new info?

Because until now we dont have the last quarter news about sales. And some numbers there get my attention: Flex and MKT rebound, Fiesta and Fusion good sales. Is time for Ford to rethink the kill-all-cars decision?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Again, why 2 months later though lol.

Except we do have the numbers. I just haven't bothered posting them here because of how little traffic there is.

Here's sales numbers through August:

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again, why 2 months later though lol.

Except we do have the numbers. I just haven't bothered posting them here because of how little traffic there is.

Here's sales numbers through August:

I know that you post in GMI forum, too, but there the traffic is not much more than here. The same 4 or 5 guys posting things....

And if we dont post interesting news like these , we will not have more traffic.

Are the cars sales reviving? That is the discussion ... not the traffic in FIN...

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I know that you post in GMI forum, too, but there the traffic is not much more than here. The same 4 or 5 guys posting things....

And if we dont post interesting news like these , we will not have more traffic.

Are the cars sales reviving? That is the discussion ... not the traffic in FIN...
Lol, there's lucky to be a handful of posts here a day. There are a ton over there.

Anyway, no. Focus is gone, Fiesta and Fusion are absorbing those customers for now.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Lol, there's lucky to be a handful of posts here a day. There are a ton over there.

Anyway, no. Focus is gone, Fiesta and Fusion are absorbing those customers for now.

For a while GMI was almost as bad as here but it seems to have gotten an uptick in the recent months. This site though.... it's getting worse and worse I almost never visit it anymore thinking of giving blueovalforums a chance again last time I posted there wasn't so good.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
For a while GMI was almost as bad as here but it seems to have gotten an uptick in the recent months. This site though.... it's getting worse and worse I almost never visit it anymore thinking of giving blueovalforums a chance again last time I posted there wasn't so good.
What wasn't good about it? We'd love to have more posters over at BOF.

It used to be a lot busier but it too has declined though is still pretty active.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
It's hardly news that sales suffered a bit as Ford stopped production of several high volume products......in preparation for ALL NEW!!!!! The fact that it only dropped so little is the real story. One would expect double digit drops.

Meh, products are coming out and will continue to be coming out for some time to come. And not just any products, but some long awaited and kickass products.

·
Registered
320 Posts
It's hardly news that sales suffered a bit as Ford stopped production of several high volume products......in preparation for ALL NEW!!!!! The fact that it only dropped so little is the real story. One would expect double digit drops.

Meh, products are coming out and will continue to be coming out for some time to come. And not just any products, but some long awaited and kickass products.
Cough cough Toyota did the same with the Highlander but somehow they became the best selling 7 seater SUV - so far...

Q3 is coming, I am curious to see what transpired...with the production **** Ford is in, I predict Explorer sales tanked even further....and same with the Escape.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Your life must really suck to hate a brand so much, that you feel the need to troll it on a regular basis.
I don’t hate the brand, I hate the stupidity that is going on at the top...seeing failure is just proof that the man steering the ship is ****ing failing bad

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is really difficult to continue in a place like this where one comes to have fun talking informally about cars. Some people take it very seriously and say they hate this site, which is rubbish, and all that stuff. The truth is lost all my desire to continue here. Especially when one sees that these people say the same thing and fall into the same discussions in other forums, in which there is also that kind of discussion that is so criticized here. Initially my intention to be here was to practice my written English (which is very, very bad) talking about fun things (cars!). But those who hate this site make that unbearable. It's a shame, I had a great time for a long time here.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
It is really difficult to continue in a place like this where one comes to have fun talking informally about cars. Some people take it very seriously and say they hate this site, which is rubbish, and all that stuff. The truth is lost all my desire to continue here. Especially when one sees that these people say the same thing and fall into the same discussions in other forums, in which there is also that kind of discussion that is so criticized here. Initially my intention to be here was to practice my written English (which is very, very bad) talking about fun things (cars!). But those who hate this site make that unbearable. It's a shame, I had a great time for a long time here.
There is a simple answer to the problem... Don't feed the trolls. Unfortunately some are incapable of that.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Well said. I have enjoyed the site for many years too, but I'm not going to be checking in anymore.
Thanks to everyone for the years of good information and conversation!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
And some are incapable of NOT complaining about those that complain.

It's long past time to admit 2b2 was right, for all the positives that you bring to this board, and there are many, your petty bickering makes you a net negative. You're as responsible for the ****ty atmosphere here as of the any trolls you respond to.

To 2b2 where ever you are, I appologize!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts