Ford Inside News banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
With the Taurus police car gone, I've been noticing what my local police are buying lately here in St. Louis county, MO. Before it was about 50% SUVs and 50% sedans. The SUVs are between Chevy & Fords. The sedans are 65% Chevys and and 35% Ford Taurus. Now I notice it's between Chevy & Dodge charger sedans. So if Ford was thinking people would convert to Ford SUVs, from Ford sedans, They are wrong. Ford is losing sales. Our county police is converting from Taurus sedans to Dodge Chargers. Good going Ford!

·
Registered
307 Posts
internal rumours of soft demand for the new Explorer are starting to show up over at headquarters...additional incentives will start rolling in soon in an attempt to increase sales.

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
With the Taurus police car gone, I've been noticing what my local police are buying lately here in St. Louis county, MO. Before it was about 50% SUVs and 50% sedans. The SUVs are between Chevy & Fords. The sedans are 65% Chevys and and 35% Ford Taurus. Now I notice it's between Chevy & Dodge charger sedans. So if Ford was thinking people would convert to Ford SUVs, from Ford sedans, They are wrong. Ford is losing sales. Our county police is converting from Taurus sedans to Dodge Chargers. Good going Ford!
Obviously the primary reason for Taurus police cruiser sedan decline, in your area, is the fact that Taurus is going away, and Ford has replaced it with better products for police. Low slung RWD only sedans with minimal utility and storate are being recognized more an more as not entirely useful by most law enforcement. That explains Ford's 2/3 share of the cruiser market. Ford has been leading in fact for decades, and will continue to do so with the new Explorer. Read the link below to learn more about it.

https://m.at.ford.com/en/homepage/news-and-clipsheet/news/2019/1/all-new-ford-police-interceptor-is-the-future-of-pursuit-rated-p.html

As for retail sales taking a while to get to customers, Ford is working hard at fixing some early issues out of the gate., with major emphasis on their bread and butter product. This thing is no reskin with tweaked powertrains. Complexity ensues, when you launch on an all new platform with all new transmissions (plural), new engines, include hybrids and PHEV and of course police cruiser market for all the above as well.

=======================

Forgot about the Fusion PI, which will be around for several years. It obviously fills a niche and comes with a smaller price and footprint.

https://m.at.ford.com/en/homepage/news-and-clipsheet/news/2017/10/pursuit-rated--new-ford-police-responder-hybrid-sedan-and-f-150-.html

·
Registered
307 Posts
As for retail sales taking a while to get to customers, Ford is working hard at fixing some early issues out of the gate., with major emphasis on their bread and butter product. This thing is no reskin with tweaked powertrains. Complexity ensues, when you launch on an all new platform with all new transmissions (plural), new engines, include hybrids and PHEV and of course police cruiser market for all the above as well.

=======================
Must be exactly why Tesla had a hard time with the Model 3 launch hey....these new automakers...always trying to figure their stuff out - oh wait!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I don’t hate the brand, I hate the stupidity that is going on at the top...seeing failure is just proof that the man steering the ship is ****ing failing bad
Dude. We've known for years that 2019 wouldn't be pretty numbers wise because it'd be the end of the year before critical redesigned products like Explorer and Escape arrive. We're still seeing them trickle into dealers, and as that gets worked out, numbers will improve. I really don't understand the complaints.

Another one bites the dust huh.

I call BS.

See ya round.
Was this post necessary?

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
Hypocrite. A few years ago u announced u were leaving FIN only to return days later.

You treat ppl like garbage and u should be treated the same
Oh yeah, well I think you are the greatest addition to this thread ever in history.

And for the record, I never said I did not once or twice or thrice announce I might leave. So what? As great and sweet and wonderful as you are sir, you don't seem to understand the meaning of the word hyporcrite.

You rock bro, carry on

21 - 30 of 30 Posts