Ford Inside News banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Good to see the name Taurus alive. And that screen.... I don´t know.... is too big. But is the trend. Big screen is the new "longer, lower, wider" of the 60´s...

·
Registered
320 Posts
OMG!! That screen is beautiful...the Taurus console was designed for it, it fits perfectly.

It’s too bad Ford NA isn’t giving us the cool toys anymore.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Back in January, I purchased a 2018 Taurus, SEL, White Gold. The color wasn't available for 2019. The dealer found one 50 miles away, but that dealer wouldn't release it. Instead, the dealer found one 400 miles away in Memphis, TN. Love the car. I wanted to get one before being discontinued. Not into trucks or SUV's. Next up-Mustang. Its a shame Ford didn't build the China version Taurus here.

·
Registered
615 Posts
OMG!! That screen is beautiful...the Taurus console was designed for it, it fits perfectly.

Mustang Ecoboost, GT, Bullitt, GT-350(R), GT-500...

...F-150 Raptor, F-SD Tremor, Edge and Explorer ST models...

...Aviator with 600+ lb/ft of torque...

...but a sedan with a big Kindle wedged into its console is a "cool toy"?

Put the caps back on the markers.

·
Registered
320 Posts

And can I get all of those with the cool Tesla screen?!

·
Registered
10,940 Posts

I would include the 400hp MKZ and Bronco and mini Bronco too.

But do keep in mind the troll source you had responded to.

·
Registered
615 Posts

Eh...fair enough, but I don't consider the MKZ to be much of a toy. Its driving impressions have never precisely thrilled, even with the top motor.

As for the others, I can't have an opinion about vehicles that feel like they've been "around the corner" since about the time the last Bronco was axed...!!!

(Yes, I know that was 1996...and yes, the ramp-up feels that long)

·
Registered
320 Posts

Hello bubble fart!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Can't help but wonder how well that version would have sold here. But then again, I leased current model, because of the massive cash on the hood. Would not have done so without.
I prefer the styling of the one already on sale here. I think Ford was smart not to try to sell the newer version here.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I prefer the styling of the one already on sale here. I think Ford was smart not to try to sell the newer version here.

I have to disagree the current NA Taurus looks awkward with its short wheelbase and super high rear end. At least the Chinese Taurus has a more normal stance. I drove a 2013 Taurus before I moved to FL and it didn't have a backup camera and it was nearly impossible to see anything out the back or back it up into a parking spot. Granted backup cameras are standard now but when driving the rear visibility is awful.

Reactions: germeezy1

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
I have to disagree the current NA Taurus looks awkward with its short wheelbase and super high rear end. At least the Chinese Taurus has a more normal stance. I drove a 2013 Taurus before I moved to FL and it didn't have a backup camera and it was nearly impossible to see anything out the back or back it up into a parking spot. Granted backup cameras are standard now but when driving the rear visibility is awful.
Backing up is difficult for every CUV and truck owner, ever in history. Not sure I would pick on Taurus so much just for that. I have seen far worse, using style as the reasoning.....

http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/2011-Cadillac-CTS-Coupe-3.6-1-720x393.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts