Ford Inside News banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The Beyond Blue interior is now included in the Build and Price website, although no picture is available. Cost is $500.

Our dealer thinks Corsairs with BB interiors will start being built in October.

Order bank open date for BB seems unknown at this time.

We've handed our dealer a preorder for a Reserve II, Ingot Silver, Beyond Blue, and a preauthorization for a deposit.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Look at the Corsair configurator again, Lincoln took out interior colors select options and defaults to Sandstone but the Summary and Build defaults to Ebony interior color. LOL!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I heard that Lincoln push back the release date from end of September to November for the Corsair and will be in dealerships in March/April 2020. Will it be a 2021?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Look at the Corsair configurator again, Lincoln took out interior colors select options and defaults to Sandstone but the Summary and Build defaults to Ebony interior color. LOL!
Very Weird.

Last week our dealer called to tell us our Corsair (Reserve II, Ingot Silver, Beyond Blue) is "scheduled" although he didn't have a date to go with that...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Did you get any discount for pre-ordering your Corsair Reserve II? Maybe 5% off?
No discount for pre-ordering. But this will be the third car from the same dealer and salesman. We fully expect we will wind up with a reasonable trade value and a price at x-plan or equivalent.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Corsairs not being at dealers until March/April doesn't make sense. My dealer currently lists 7 Corsairs available, with window sticker build dates in August & September.

And my dealer just told me "According to Lincoln your Corsair is scheduled to be in production on October 2nd." And it's being built with the Beyond Blue interior package which was initially "late availability".

·
Registered
199 Posts
Corsairs not being at dealers until March/April doesn't make sense. My dealer currently lists 7 Corsairs available, with window sticker build dates in August & September.

And my dealer just told me "According to Lincoln your Corsair is scheduled to be in production on October 2nd." And it's being built with the Beyond Blue interior package which was initially "late availability".
I checked the Lincoln.com site and Lincoln moved the Corsair from “Future” into “Regular” models status. It show both build and inventory! So I stand corrected, you can buy the Corsair now! I will stop by my closest Lincoln dealership to see the Corsair. I never seen the Corsair in person!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Appears to be fixed, including now having images of each color. Although Beyond Blue looks much darker than in the media pictures of the introduction.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The new revised Corsair site speaks of the 2.3T having 295hp in one exterior pic, so the final rating seems to have grown as we suspected from the 280hp first quoted.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Stop in at the local Lincoln dealership and the new Corsair will be arriving sometime in November 2019. The on site Lincoln.com dealer inventory is what they are getting for their dealer lot. It makes sense since they are all Reserve I & II models around $51K-$61K! I ask about the Standard and Reserve without the moon roof and safety packages. They told me that they rather have me go somewhere else to order these lower end models. No shock at all either. They want maximum profit and options are the way they get it done.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
As far as I am concerned, Lincoln should not even be offering the Standard, and probably shouldn't be offering the Reserve 0 as well. Ford Escape models cover that territory. Every low-price low-content Lincoln sold damages the brand. Lincoln has shown serious progress in moving away from being just a rebadged Ford, but too much overlap is not helping that.

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
As far as I am concerned, Lincoln should not even be offering the Standard, and probably shouldn't be offering the Reserve 0 as well. Ford Escape models cover that territory. Every low-price low-content Lincoln sold damages the brand. Lincoln has shown serious progress in moving away from being just a rebadged Ford, but too much overlap is not helping that.
I don't know, it allows a lower price point for those that want the better styled and improved product, and boosts sales. Significantly in fact. Good with the bad I guess.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't know, it allows a lower price point for those that want the better styled and improved product, and boosts sales. Significantly in fact. Good with the bad I guess.
Wait you should be supporting this idea...isn’t it all about PROFITS? Why boost sales when you can get more profit....you’ve been saying this for months now smart pants

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
Wait you should be supporting this idea...isn’t it all about PROFITS? Why boost sales when you can get more profit....you’ve been saying this for months now smart pants
Profits indeed. That's what the premium trim option is for. Certainly more than what a compact Lincoln Sedan could net for Lincoln.
Price range for Lincoln's entry level CUV model is now $36K -- $61K. Lincoln could never touch that top shelf price with a compact entry luxury sedan. It's all about raising the ATP, but Corsair also has the role of entry level model bringing in new customers. So if your ATP is now over $50K, which I am sure it will be, then Lincoln is doing pretty swell.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think the idea is to get buyers that are after the Standard model and up sell them to the Reserve II, convert them to the idea of a lease with 4 year term to get low payments. I going to wait till Spring and see how the Corsair reliability is before visiting it again for purchase. No hurry at all!

41 - 60 of 94 Posts