Ford Inside News banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Disappointed in the range. CA just nixed their rebates for anything less than 35miles. That range is just really last gen PHEV instead of next gen. Lincoln should have aimed for a 19.6kWh pack and a bigger rear motor. They RAV4 Prime’s rear motor is about 2x as powerful and it gets 39mi range...for a Toyota.

Obviously, the rest of the Corsair is top notch, just the PHEV seems very uncompetitive.

I am a little disappointed in the HP number I was expecting over 300 but 266 seems kinda low. Guess we will have to wait on the torque number.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I am a little disappointed in the HP number I was expecting over 300 but 266 seems kinda low. Guess we will have to wait on the torque number.

The focus of this hybrid is obviously different from that of the Aviator which begs the question, why give it the same Grand Touring name? Using the GT name suggests this is going to be a powerful upgrade over the other Corsairs, but it's just another efficiency focused hybrid.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
The focus of this hybrid is obviously different from that of the Aviator which begs the question, why give it the same Grand Touring name? Using the GT name suggests this is going to be a powerful upgrade over the other Corsairs, but it's just another efficiency focused hybrid.
I think they're just using Grand Touring in general in place of "hybrid". But I agree it's confusing when one is more performance oriented, and the other more efficiency oriented.

·
Registered
545 Posts
EV range is a bit low. I wonder how much the added weight of a luxury CUV affects it. Not to mention the added weight of AWD. Does the Rav4 Prime include AWD?
...the Prime’s drivetrain is almost identical to the Corsair’s, 2.5L up front, but has almost double the power in the electric motor powering the rear...and achieves 90mpge. It’s a pretty stellar drivetrain, TBH.

Hopefully a lot of people pick it over the regular hybrid, because 39mi is no joke hardly ever have to run the motor range.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Lincoln has hit home-run after home-run lately, but when you look at (drivetrain, power, efficiency) the RAV-4 Prime vs the Corsair...I think Lincoln missed the boat to make a truly impressive drivetrain. Perhaps they will have impressive MPGe numbers that will justify the smaller power output. hmmm?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I’m expecting the Baby Bronco will use this AWD PHEV powertrain as well...the Escape doesn’t to keep distance between Escape and Corsair and because it’s traditional AWD powertrain would cut into the battery pack on it’s PHEV system. But the Baby Bronco won’t compete with the Corsair so I’m guessing if Ford does offer a PHEV version, this will be it.

I’m hoping the final hp/tq numbers rise by the time it’s out next summer, and also that it’s all electric range too gets bumped up!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
The range is disappointing, as is the lack of DC charging. And a 3-4 hour charge time is also disappointing, as a Volt takes less time to charge a larger battery.

I do like the electric motor rear wheel drive, as that eliminates the need for a driveshaft, which hopefully means the batteries are packaged in a way that keeps the sliding rear seat (which isn't available on the PHEV Escape).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Disappointed in the range. CA just nixed their rebates for anything less than 35miles. That range is just really last gen PHEV instead of next gen. Lincoln should have aimed for a 19.6kWh pack and a bigger rear motor. They RAV4 Prime’s rear motor is about 2x as powerful and it gets 39mi range...for a Toyota.

Obviously, the rest of the Corsair is top notch, just the PHEV seems very uncompetitive.

Yeah I agree, the Rav 4 PHEV also has 302hp!!!!

Feels like Ford rejigged the Cmax PHEV powertrain and added a more powerful motor...hmmmmmm

81 - 94 of 94 Posts