Ford Inside News banner

221 - 240 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
The more I look at the newer pictures and look again at the old design, the more I recognize that Ford has a winner that will be brilliantly differentiated from the more aggressive mini Bronco.

As for all this social media disgrace......I spend far too much time on social media, and I have literally not seen anything....except here. But that's just me ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
The more I look at the newer pictures and look again at the old design, the more I recognize that Ford has a winner that will be brilliantly differentiated from the more aggressive mini Bronco.

As for all this social media disgrace......I spend far too much time on social media, and I have literally not seen anything....except here. But that's just me /forums/images/smilies/wink.gif
Feel free to visit Ford’s Facebook and Twitter...it’s literally full of comments of people that aren’t not enjoying the new looks and dislike the idea that the Escape does not look like a SUV anymore. Again hard to say what will happen based on comments...

In GM’s case, sales took a deep dive...

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Are you guys assuming the cladding difference is EU vs US difference? I am 100% expecting it to be model dependent.
Most likely. My guess is the regular Kuga trims probably have the same matt black cladding as the US Escape.
The ST-Line and Vignale usually have unique front ends and body-colored cladding.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Social media is on fire over the design...lots of people are doing the same comparison we are here - it looks like a Kia.

Last time I saw such an uproar was with the new GM trucks design...
Social media erupts over everything. The thing will look nice in person and 99% of shoppers looking at the Escape aren't in the Car and Driver comments section. It's cancer no matter the article. Remember when people freaked out over the 2015 Mustang redesign and now everyone loves it? Being appalled is fashionable nowadays so it's often illegitimate.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Social media erupts over everything. The thing will look nice in person and 99% of shoppers looking at the Escape aren't in the Car and Driver comments section. It's cancer no matter the article. Remember when people freaked out over the 2015 Mustang redesign and now everyone loves it? Being appalled is fashionable nowadays so it's often illegitimate.
People freaked out over the 2015 redesign? I don't remember that at all.

I've loved it since day 1.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

I've loved it since day 1 as well, but yeah a lot of people for some reason hated it. Just the other day I saw a comment on how Ford ruined the Mustang with the S550 gen. More people have come to like it though, up until the 2018 refresh which divided people again lol.

·
Registered
320 Posts

People loved the redesign - it was general consensus with many saying the 2015 was on pair with the 69 classic Mustang design.

Not sure where he got that one...

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
No, I just said I am glad Escape lost previous style, which Kia stole. Escape now looks nothing like previous Escape or the Kia clone.
Clone? Stole its style? But they don't look anything the same.

Here's the current Kia Sportage and the outgoing Escape.

The previous Escape clearly looks like a crossover C-Max.

·
Registered
320 Posts
They don't look the same.

Here's the current Kia Sportage and the outgoing Escape.

The previous Escape clearly looks like a crossover C-Max.
In profile it does. Far more than new Escape for sure
Boy I don’t know where you are seeing that...

It looks more like Ford copied the Kia’s design language for the 2020...it’s hard to ignore the similarities between the 2.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
In profile it does. Far more than new Escape for sure
The profile of the current Sportage is an evolution of the previous gen model introduced in 2010.

Current gen

Previous gen

The outgoing Escape has an MPV/minivan look like the C-Max where the windshield is longer than the hood.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I dont think the new Escape looks anything like the Sportage other than the fact they are both similar sized CUVs. Besides Kia is known for sampling other company designs. When I owned my Mark III Focus sedan I walked up to couple gen old Kia Fortes a few times because from behind they nearly a dead ringer.

221 - 240 of 263 Posts