Ford Inside News banner

241 - 260 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
IMHO the current Sportage face is out of proportion and looks cartoonish. I do not see any resemblance to the new Focus. I've also grown to love the new Focus and its softer curves. I really like that the hybrid is back where it belongs, this should improve sales going forward.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Kia and Hyundai are legendary for the design "sampling."
Your comparison of the outgoing Escape and current Sportage does not show that.

I'm just glad Ford moved away from the outgoing Escape's MPV-inspired proportions.

The new Escape/Kuga's sportier Porsche-ish shape looks much better.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Fuel economy improvements mostly from more gears, less total weight and sleeker profile. My guess, the current 30mpg should close the wide gap between the Rav4 at 35mpg. Perhaps 34mpg.
which world do you live in?! there are no Escapes that can come even close to 30mpg...

here's a picture for educational purposes:

·
Registered
320 Posts
It’s called cherry picking, that’s what you love to do...did you see the official source above - all for AWD models?!...Ford needs to step up its game with mpg, the gap is huge!

I was shocked to see the new Highlander hybrid is supposed to get a rating of 34mpg - this is a 7 seater, Explorer competitor size SUV! Incredible...

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27167925/2020-toyota-highlander-photos-info/

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
It’s called cherry picking, that’s what you love to do...did you see the official source above - all for AWD models?!...Ford needs to step up its game with mpg, the gap is huge!

I was shocked to see the new Highlander hybrid is supposed to get a rating of 34mpg - this is a 7 seater, Explorer competitor size SUV! Incredible...

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27167925/2020-toyota-highlander-photos-info/
Let's see, I stated that new Escape needs to close the mpg gap with Rav4 ( 30 mpg vs 35 mpg).

You then ask what world do I live in, then show a pic of an AWD Escape, rated at 29mpg. Yeah, no cherry picking there.

I then prove how Escape max mpg is in fact 30mpg.....and you then deflect and accuse me of cherry picking, and boldly state how Ford needs to up their ante on FE.

LMAO

This is why you are Captain Troll.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Let's see, I stated that new Escape needs to close the mpg gap with Rav4 ( 30 mpg vs 35 mpg).

You then ask what world do I live in, then show a pic of an AWD Escape, rated at 29mpg. Yeah, no cherry picking there.

I then prove how Escape max mpg is in fact 30mpg.....and you then deflect and accuse me of cherry picking, and boldly state how Ford needs to up their ante on FE.

LMAO

So you think Ford needs to ante up on their FI? Seriously, I own a 2018 Ford EcoSport with the 1 ltr 3 cyl engine.
How does 23 MPG City and 26 MPG Highway sound? I rented recently a 2018 Ford Taurus all tricked out with its largest V6 EcoBoost Engine and it got much better FI then my EcoBox! Should have left this joke in India where it belongs along with other 3rd World Counties.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
So you think Ford needs to ante up on their FI? Seriously, I own a 2018 Ford EcoSport with the 1 ltr 3 cyl engine.
How does 23 MPG City and 26 MPG Highway sound? I rented recently a 2018 Ford Taurus all tricked out with its largest V6 EcoBoost Engine and it got much better FI then my EcoBox! Should have left this joke in India where it belongs along with other 3rd World Counties.
Apples to oranges. Profile has a huge impact on highway FE, as does AWD. Taurus, although bigger, has a lower profile. And I bet it did not have AWD, like the EcoSport, if it was rated at only 26mpg hwy. EcoSport is capable of 29 mpg highway (FWD), you could never get any Taurus to actually get that. Had one, I know. But yes, EcoSport also needs to seriously up the FE ante.

·
Registered
320 Posts

LMAO

Phil you should look into the new RAV4...mpgs are freaking amazing!

I just got rid of my 17 Escape Titanium because I was getting 15mpg in my commute - like I just bought a new car today!
The Escape was likely my last Ford...my dealership (in Canada) is asking $63k for an Explorer hybrid, so I LOL and bought a luxury brand for this first time ever.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hellboy........I'm calling BS on your 15 mpg in the Escape. We have the same vehicle and typically average 24.6 on a back road commute and weekend errand runs. Other than pulling a 28 foot Grady White I don't know how you could get that kind of mileage. Also, the last Rav4 maxed at 30 mpg non hybrid......just 2 years ago........with way less horsepower. I'm sure the new Escape will be very competitive......still with considerably more horsepower.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hellboy........I'm calling BS on your 15 mpg in the Escape. We have the same vehicle and typically average 24.6 on a back road commute and weekend errand runs. Other than pulling a 28 foot Grady White I don't know how you could get that kind of mileage. Also, the last Rav4 maxed at 30 mpg non hybrid......just 2 years ago........with way less horsepower. I'm sure the new Escape will be very competitive......still with considerably more horsepower.
I am hardly an anomaly....Fuelly:
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/escape/2017?page=5&engineconfig_id=13

The average mpg for the Escape is 21mpg, so consider yourself lucky that you can beat the 23mpg EPA for this engine.

Agreed the previous RAV4 was a total different ball game, but still had some really good mpgs...just look at the average - 28mpg:
http://www.fuelly.com/car/toyota/rav4/2016

·
Registered
545 Posts

The average mpg for the Escape is 21mpg, so consider yourself lucky that you can beat the 23mpg EPA for this engine.

Agreed the previous RAV4 was a total different ball game, but still had some really good mpgs...just look at the average - 28mpg:
...sorry, man, I don’t buy the 15 either. ****, my Hemi avg’d 15 and I drove it like an *******. Did you drive around with the parking brake on?

·
Registered
83 Posts

A 2017 Rav4 has a combined 24 mpg with 176hp/172 tq......I'll take 1 mpg less for 245/270. Also on the fuelly.com, a bunch of the Rav4's were hybrids that figured in the average.

I'm not surprised we beat the avg a little with our Escape......really very little city driving.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
I too call BS on 15 mpg. Our Escape had the 2.0L and AWD and I even had the mild trailer tow package because I needed to tow on occasion. I would have to drive that thing pretty hard to get it below 20mpg, but I averaged mid 21-22 normally. The 1.5L was far more FE. New Escape will be about even with Rav 4 and hybrid version is supposed to be superior.

·
Registered
511 Posts
2020 Escape is around 200 lbs lighter, the 2.0 EB gets 8-speed auto and there's a new 2.5 hybrid coming.

Not surprising to hear that some EBs don't give as good a fuel economy as others,
I've long suspected that there's some variability with FE that can't be explained away as just the driver

241 - 260 of 263 Posts