Ford Inside News banner

81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I think they did a good job separating the Explorer and Aviator.

Reactions: badhac

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I don't like the face, at all. Every other angle looks great, a big improvement over the already good looking current Explorer!

I'm iffy on the portrait orientation of the large tablet on the dash, but again, I love everything else about that interior!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ford speakers are Awful. Awful.

uh...

um...

I bet Farley is going to be fired soon.
I thought that it was taking too long with cheesy slideshows, images, and the speakers before showing the **** thing. Once they started talking about it was when it finally got interesting and exciting. I missed it though; what did Jim Farley do that you think could get fired soon? Otherwise, it's a nice looking SUV and I like the grille now that I can actually see the vehicle without the spotted camo on the test vehicles. Grilles look nice and overall nice Explorer. I see a big hit with this as well as the Aviator. I figured we would have to wait until next Monday for more info such as engines, power figures, and more. I thought it was also interesting when Farley mentioned 'more surprises' (note plural not singular) coming for next Monday. We had known that the Explorer and Mustang Shelby GT500 were going to be shown but more? Plural meaning Escape possibly but would that be surprises? I'm hoping concept form of Bronco but better not hold my breath on that. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I thought that it was taking too long with cheesy slideshows, images, and the speakers before showing the **** thing. Once they started talking about it was when it finally got interesting and exciting. I missed it though; what did Jim Farley do that you think could get fired soon? Otherwise, it's a nice looking SUV and I like the grille now that I can actually see the vehicle without the spotted camo on the test vehicles. Grilles look nice and overall nice Explorer. I see a big hit with this as well as the Aviator. I figured we would have to wait until next Monday for more info such as engines, power figures, and more. I thought it was also interesting when Farley mentioned 'more surprises' (note plural not singular) coming for next Monday. We had known that the Explorer and Mustang Shelby GT500 were going to be shown but more? Plural meaning Escape possibly but would that be surprises? I'm hoping concept form of Bronco but better not hold my breath on that. :)
The interaction between Farley and Hackett was awkward. Farley kept missing his mark. Too many umm and Superlatives, it came across like he wasn't prepared or very nervous. ironically he seemed better once he had the stage to himself.

Reactions: pffan1990

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
I don't like the face, at all. Every other angle looks great, a big improvement over the already good looking current Explorer!

I'm iffy on the portrait orientation of the large tablet on the dash, but again, I love everything else about that interior!

Overall, it looks ok but I agree with you, some things were designed poorly like the grille and HL integration and the tablet on the dash (now a Ford has a bigger center screen than Lincolns)

I still can't understand why is so hard for Ford to allow Lincoln to have unique stuff, the 3.0l is no longer exclusive.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Time to start saving my lunch money!

Reactions: hbmf3 and SP1966

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
I really like what I see. Overall this is exactly what we have been asking for, a standout SUV on a modern chassis for a very competitive segment that is unmistakably an Explorer. I really can't find any faults worthy of calling them faults. I think Ford hit it out of the park. Even the 3.0L detuned from Lincoln makes more sense that carrying a 2.7L. BTW, with all the talk of reducing complexity, this fits that effort. Ford will soon carry far few ICE engine options.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Great! The new Explorer looks good, very good. It is recognized as an Explorer even if it is completely new, and that is good. Looks modern , athletic, very atractive and elegant. The interior looks better than in the first spy pics.. that big center screen solve the strange disposition of the air vents .

Some pics...

P.S.: Glad to see that the front amber turn signal is assembled with the wraparround headligths. Nice and elegant design touch. This confirms that the placement of this light on the edge of the front fender in the Lincoln Aviator is not a technical issue. It was the laziness of the designers to look for a more elegant solution ...

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
About the presentation, is evident it was very well planned and organized. Hackett this time was better than other times. But the asian guy... Oh my God...the asian guy... Why did not this man prepare and rehearse the presentation before doing it?. The grafics and the staging was wonderful. I enjoy it a lot.

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
I like the higher trims better than the ST. Don't like blacked out grills. I am done with 'sport' versions in fact. There was a time when you needed to step up to get decent power, but now you see it in high trim levels and it is more than adequate. Boy racer look no more for me.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I like the higher trims better than the ST. Don't like blacked out grills. I am done with 'sport' versions in fact. There was a time when you needed to step up to get decent power, but now you see it in high trim levels and it is more than adequate. Boy racer look no more for me.
Ford is giving customers choices. What could be wrong with that? Buy what you want and the next guy will buy what he wants.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
They have to reveal details on the hybrid and the ST, neither of which they mentioned (aside from the single "an electrified model" reference by Farley).

Reactions: pffan1990

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Ford is giving customers choices. What could be wrong with that? Buy what you want and the next guy will buy what he wants.
I think the question here is, why can't I express an opinion. Of course it is choice, and I love choice. I used to love that look. Many still do.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts

All-new 2020 Ford Explorer – America’s all-time best-selling SUV – features lighter, leaner and stronger construction, broadest model lineup ever, more powerful and efficient EcoBoost® engines and smart new technology to help tackle all of life’s adventures

Redesigned from the ground up, all-new Explorer’s rear-wheel-drive architecture enables a sportier, more athletic design, improved on- and off-road capability and 600 pounds more in maximum towing capacity when properly equipped; available 3.0-liter EcoBoost engine makes this the most powerful Explorer ever

Recrafted, quiet cabin offers more space and technology, including available 10.1-inch portrait-mounted touch screen with full-screen maps, traffic-sensing Ford Co-Pilot360™ driver-assist innovations and features that can help reduce stress such as available Reverse Brake Assist and Active Park Assist 2.0, which handles all steering, shifting, brake and accelerator controls during a parking maneuver with a touch of a button

All-new available Terrain Management System™ with up to seven selectable drive modes can help tackle any adventure through an easy-to-use dial in the center console; normal, trail, deep snow and sand, slippery, sport, tow/haul and a new eco mode each come with special 3D animated graphics in the available new 12.3-inch digital cluster

81 - 100 of 142 Posts