Ford Inside News banner
101 - 120 of 143 Posts
I like the higher trims better than the ST. Don't like blacked out grills. I am done with 'sport' versions in fact. There was a time when you needed to step up to get decent power, but now you see it in high trim levels and it is more than adequate. Boy racer look no more for me.
Is this the Explorer ST? (almost like a Platinum without the bling)

I'd probably call its styling "boy racer look" if Ford gave it a tacked on non-functional wing and a faux-hood scoop. (I hope they don't) :laugh2:

It was about time, wonder if the Aviator has it or the Ford model gets it first. Now is time to see if Lincoln or Ford can launch something like Cadillac supercruise or Tesla autopilot system
I don't know if the system on the Aviator is called "2.0" but it also parks itself:

https://youtu.be/a6sVjkjM7Pw?t=275

I don't like the face, at all. Every other angle looks great, a big improvement over the already good looking current Explorer!

I'm iffy on the portrait orientation of the large tablet on the dash, but again, I love everything else about that interior!

I bet a big part of the decision for portrait orientation, is it allows placement of vents. Thinking a bit more, I prefer that when using my smart phone 95% of the time, especially when using navigation mode. I rarely rotate, except when videos appear too small. No worries here as you don't watch movies. And of course you can stack the functional menu options differently to use the space more effectively. It did surprise me a bit having sat in one, but I am already used to it I think.

The more I see the inside of the new Explorer, the less I like it. Why give prominence to the air vents? Why not place them more flush with the dash and give more prominence to the central screen? This design suggests a F-series truck from years ago. Very rude, not very elegant, unattractive to the eye. I predict that it will be changed in 3 years for something more attractive.

I'm iffy on the portrait orientation of the large tablet on the dash, but again, I love everything else about that interior!
If Ford gave it slim low-mounted horizontal central AC vents, they probably would have been able to give it a huge horizontal screen.

I still find it funny how the AC vent-infotainment screen layout of the EcoSport (and other new small Fords) has more in common with the Lincoln Aviator (and Navigator) than the new Explorer.

101 - 120 of 143 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.