Ford Inside News banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thinking about a hybrid Titanium for the wife. She misses her CUV, she often tells me. Numbers reveal very few people who have PHEV actually plug in much, so I am not interested in that for her. I know myself and especially my wife, and yeah, we too would not bother plugging in much either. I am happy just getting about 40 mpg with regular hybrid. So in about 2 years as more people buy BEV and oil companies start countering by lowering prices, I will enjoy cheap gas with a fuel efficient vehicle.
Your comment on PHEVs is interesting as I recall that mot Volt owners were the opposite using the battery electric side almost exclusively. I wonder if people are now looking at larger battery hybrids as just extra/unnecessary expense? major fuel savings being achieved in slow stop-start/ variable speed driving.
Most PHEV owners actually plug in...what the heck? :-S

·
Registered
320 Posts
Escape pricing revealed.

Escape S, $25,980
Escape SE, $28,190
Escape SE Sport (hybrid), $29,530
Escape SEL, $30,350
Escape Titanium (hybrid), $34,495
Escape Titanium, $37,780

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27615385/2020-ford-escape-pricing/
Pricing is competitive as long as Ford keeps the discounts going...a lot more competitive than the Explorer for sure, and I praise Ford for that....we will have to see how many CUV owners that abandoned the Escape for a competitor are willing to come back - and this is a huge challenge!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts