Ford Inside News banner

221 - 240 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ford got to hope that the Bronco twins will reverse the sales downfall in Fall. If the new Bronco and Baby Broncos do not sell well, Ford will be up against Jeep’s new 2021 Grand Cherokee near the same time frame in the marketplace. Ford screw the quality and made the dash and center stack to primitive looking and is paying the price against CX-5, Palisade and Telluride which have luxury quality interiors.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Congrats Ford, profit-less sedans way down as expected, while not having to spend Billions on re-tooling factories for all of them.

Lincoln sales up nicely, but most importantly due entirely to profit-oozing high margin SUV’s, which continue to rise.

Ford large trucks are killing it, as usual, even while Ranger is doing so well and taking some of their sales – all while maintaining their generation long leadership. Win-win.

Even profit-rich fleet friendly vehicles like Transit, Transit Connect and E-Series continue their popularity, which few other makers can claim similar success.

Expedition is way, way, WAY up, and I hear the high trim take rate is off the charts. Brilliant Ford, Brilliant.

Even Edge and Flex is up.

And it’s nice to see Explorer and Escape sales bouncing back to normal, after quality issues. Especially Explorer. Another quarter should have them close to, if not matching previous numbers, but most importantly, the high ATP increase for both is a massive multiplying factor for margin. As it is for ALL of Ford/ Lincoln ATP’s. I really can’t wait to see how huge all the huge margin increases and lack of low margin spending from sedans, will boost total profits. That may take quite a quarters however. Next up, Baby Bronco and soon after, Bronco.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Congrats Ford, profit-less sedans way down as expected, while not having to spend Billions on re-tooling factories for all of them.

Lincoln sales up nicely, but most importantly due entirely to profit-oozing high margin SUV’s, which continue to rise.

Ford large trucks are killing it, as usual, even while Ranger is doing so well and taking some of their sales – all while maintaining their generation long leadership. Win-win.

Even profit-rich fleet friendly vehicles like Transit, Transit Connect and E-Series continue their popularity, which few other makers can claim similar success.

Expedition is way, way, WAY up, and I hear the high trim take rate is off the charts. Brilliant Ford, Brilliant.

Even Edge and Flex is up.

And it’s nice to see Explorer and Escape sales bouncing back to normal, after quality issues. Especially Explorer. Another quarter should have them close to, if not matching previous numbers, but most importantly, the high ATP increase for both is a massive multiplying factor for margin. As it is for ALL of Ford/ Lincoln ATP’s. I really can’t wait to see how huge all the huge margin increases and lack of low margin spending from sedans, will boost total profits. That may take quite a quarters however. Next up, Baby Bronco and soon after, Bronco.
‘Profitless’ LOL.....

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
And it’s nice to see Explorer and Escape sales bouncing back to normal, after quality issues. Especially Explorer. Another quarter should have them close to, if not matching previous numbers, but most importantly, the high ATP increase for both is a massive multiplying factor for margin.
I hope Ford can better balance its price margin & sales volume.
Such a waste if high prices kept some consumers away from Ford dealerships.

On the bright side, for Q4 2019, the Ranger (33,059) outsold the Colorado + Canyon (total of 31,409).

·
Registered
10,933 Posts

On the bright side, for Q4 2019, the Ranger (33,059) outsold the Colorado + Canyon (total of 31,409).
Outsold GM small twins combined huh. That's respectable. Although GM had a pretty good year overall, considering their strike.

·
Registered
320 Posts

Outsold GM small twins combined huh. That's respectable. Although GM had a pretty good year overall, considering their strike.
GM didn’t have a great year....Ram had a great year, 18% increase in sales in market that is contracting or flat is a huge accomplishment.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Was there a recent price-increase on the Explorer?

It seems that at least the options on the ST went up a bit...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Was there a recent price-increase on the Explorer?

It seems that at least the options on the ST went up a bit...
Yup!!! It’s Ford’s way to attempt to hold the price tag, after throwing upwards of $10k in incentives in a brand new product. I am enjoying watching the struggle and the discounts flowing in the Explorer forums - some are even getting 12k off!!!

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Yup!!! It’s Ford’s way to attempt to hold the price tag, after throwing upwards of $10k in incentives in a brand new product. I am enjoying watching the struggle and the discounts flowing in the Explorer forums - some are even getting 12k off!!!

New Explorer XLT and Limited incentive = $2500
ST and Platinum = $1500

Those numbers clearly are nothing close to the typical lies you perpetuate on this site.
They also suggest Ford's premium trim models are hot sellers.

Your repetitive attacks on Explorer are as misinformed and vindictive as they are laughable.

Just stop already.

·
Registered
320 Posts

New Explorer XLT and Limited incentive = $2500
ST and Platinum = $1500

Those numbers clearly are nothing close to the typical lies you perpetuate on this site.
They also suggest Ford's premium trim models are hot sellers.

Your repetitive attacks on Explorer are as misinformed and vindictive as they are laughable.

Just stop already.
That’s for January and doesn’t reflect other discounts that may not be public..

Here for anyone looking to buy a 2020, there’s lots of room to negotiate: https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/prices-paid-for-explorer-6th-generation-only.482348/

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
That’s for January and doesn’t reflect other discounts that may not be public..

Here for anyone looking to buy a 2020, there’s lots of room to negotiate: https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/prices-paid-for-explorer-6th-generation-only.482348/
Thanks, but I would rather use a reputable source, like truecar.

In fact I did. Priced Platinum AWD 3.0L with no additional options, and the market average savings from the nearly $60K MSRP was $4,500.
I also looked at the Audi Q7, priced almost identical MSRP, and the market average savings was $7,076.
Then I looked at the comparative new Cadillac XT6, again with identical price, but the savings was $9,374.

You really are a misinformed vindictive litle child.
Just stop already

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Well...enough Explorer-talk, time for Action!

OK, so I went to my local dealer yesterday to have a closer look at the ST and really liked what I saw. I took a test-drive and that sealed the deal. I told my SA what I was looking for and that due to the initial QC-issues, I would prefer a custom order. The dealer told me delivery would take 10-12 weeks and since my current Lincoln MKZ lease expires in April, I placed the order right on the spot.

Agate Black, High Performance Package, Premium Technology Package & Twin Panel Moonroof.

MSRP (incl. Destination & Acquisition): $61,560.00
Discount: $5,297

Total price (incl. Taxes/Fees, LeaseCare & TireCare): $58,260.60

$1,000 down, 39 Months / 15K miles/year, Monthly Payment (incl. Tax): $789.00

This is based on the current lease numbers and the $750 incentive. I requested that in case the numbers/incentives are better in April, I would get the better deal which might be possible by then. I will be starting my hunt now for personal cash offers by requesting brochures shortly...

Considering that this is only $50/month more than what we are paying for the MKZ (with potential for a better deal), I'm happy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
^ congrats! I love my new Aviator. Build quality is not the best but it’ll do for the next two years.

Also bought a 2013 MKS EcoBoost last week to take over from my tired 360,000+ km MKZ commuter car. Total of 765 Lincoln horsepower in the household!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Well...enough Explorer-talk, time for Action!

OK, so I went to my local dealer yesterday to have a closer look at the ST and really liked what I saw. I took a test-drive and that sealed the deal. I told my SA what I was looking for and that due to the initial QC-issues, I would prefer a custom order. The dealer told me delivery would take 10-12 weeks and since my current Lincoln MKZ lease expires in April, I placed the order right on the spot.

Agate Black, High Performance Package, Premium Technology Package & Twin Panel Moonroof.

MSRP (incl. Destination & Acquisition): $61,560.00
Discount: $5,297

Total price (incl. Taxes/Fees, LeaseCare & TireCare): $58,260.60

$1,000 down, 39 Months / 15K miles/year, Monthly Payment (incl. Tax): $789.00

This is based on the current lease numbers and the $750 incentive. I requested that in case the numbers/incentives are better in April, I would get the better deal which might be possible by then. I will be starting my hunt now for personal cash offers by requesting brochures shortly...

Considering that this is only $50/month more than what we are paying for the MKZ (with potential for a better deal), I'm happy.
Great discount! Hope you enjoy yours.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Thanks!

I have actually seen better deals on other forums before but those included significantly higher incentives (north of $3,000). If I'm not mistaken, the discount I got actually puts it below invoice. Considering I factory ordered and did not buy off the lot, I'd say that's OK.

The only incentive I got right now on top of the discount was $750 off. It might very well be that by April, the lease-deals get more attractive and that my monthly payment gets even closer to the $735 we're paying for the MKZ right now.

What I can already say after a short test-drive is that the ST is a beast and fun to drive and although the materials used in the cabin and build quality aren't top notch, it will be difficult to find another SUV with such a handling and power in this price-range.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks!

I have actually seen better deals on other forums before but those included significantly higher incentives (north of $3,000). If I'm not mistaken, the discount I got actually puts it below invoice. Considering I factory ordered and did not buy off the lot, I'd say that's OK.

The only incentive I got right now on top of the discount was $750 off. It might very well be that by April, the lease-deals get more attractive and that my monthly payment gets even closer to the $735 we're paying for the MKZ right now.

What I can already say after a short test-drive is that the ST is a beast and fun to drive and although the materials used in the cabin and build quality aren't top notch, it will be difficult to find another SUV with such a handling and power in this price-range.
Yeah, I those were the Nov/Dec incentives...some folks were reporting upwards of $10k, but they were likely buying stock vs placing a special order. So yeah good discount!

221 - 240 of 283 Posts