Ford Inside News banner

241 - 260 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
https://youtu.be/emrawH_HsFY
Dead honest Explorer Platinum Review!
Not a good review.

Starts with a wrong claim that there was a $1,000 upcharge for the audio-system alone. Flat out wrong.

And the claim that the ST wouldn't be handling well is based on what? Driving a Platinum?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Apparently, you did not full understand the reviewers comments. Please review this video again.��

Go to 6:07 in the video for $1K B&O audio upgrade.

ST starts at around 14:30.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Apparently, you did not full understand the reviewers comments. Please review this video again.😀
Huh?

Did he claim that the Audio-system alone was a $1,000 upcharge or not?

I think I understood that part pretty well....

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Go to 6:07 in the video for $1K B&O audio upgrade.
https://youtu.be/emrawH_HsFY?t=373

"The base audio-system, I don't even know how much it is" - This is probably the dumbest comment I ever heard in a car-review.

"But this is a $1,000 option" - NO, the Audio-upgrade is not a $1,000 option, it is a part of a PACKAGE that costs $1,000 and also includes the bigger screen and the massaging seats. That leaves perhaps $200 for the speakers.

"You pay $1,000 more and you get a couple of speakers" - Repeating wrong information doesn't make it right. It's part of a package.

"And the Audio-system, spending $1,000..." - Sorry, but even mentioning it for the third time doesn't make it right.

ST starts at around 14:30.
Not what I was referring to.

https://youtu.be/emrawH_HsFY?t=810

They are making assumptions about the ST without driving one.

Check out what this guy says about the ST - and yes, he's actually behind the wheel which is VERY helpful if you want to judge a vehicle:

https://youtu.be/5jyqxscXD9E?t=1430

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
gosh this was one of the toughest Explorer's review ever - at 21:08: 'they threw 60 interns at the project' 'feels like a fleet vehicle'
I don't have any issue at all if somebody makes a tough review but as soon as that reviewer is trying to make a point by using false or misleading statements, it gets problematic and the entire review has a credibility issue.

I found it very interesting to watch this review and compare it to the review of the ST I posted. The worst transmission on the Platinum is all of a sudden a great match on the ST and the guy from the ST-review also knows the difference between a single option and a package by mentioning all three features that are part of it.

The individual in the ST-review also has a well established reputation in reviewing vehicles of all classes (Redline is well known for auto reviews) and if he's applauding Ford for the ST, calling it America's X5, I don't think the Explorer in general is the worst vehicle in US history.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wow that’s a hella review. I feel sorry for any consumer that bought one of these turds. Ford really outdid themselves.

·
Registered
310 Posts
gosh this was one of the toughest Explorer's review ever - at 21:08: 'they threw 60 interns at the project' 'feels like a fleet vehicle'
I don't have any issue at all if somebody makes a tough review but as soon as that reviewer is trying to make a point by using false or misleading statements, it gets problematic and the entire review has a credibility issue.

I found it very interesting to watch this review and compare it to the review of the ST I posted. The worst transmission on the Platinum is all of a sudden a great match on the ST and the guy from the ST-review also knows the difference between a single option and a package by mentioning all three features that are part of it.

The individual in the ST-review also has a well established reputation in reviewing vehicles of all classes (Redline is well known for auto reviews) and if he's applauding Ford for the ST, calling it America's X5, I don't think the Explorer in general is the worst vehicle in US history.
I thought he did a great job, his conclusion was that he would the Explorer - it’s just not up to par with the competitors in a lot of areas so if you do want one, one should know they are paying more for less and an unfinished product...so you have to know what you are signing up for.

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
The new Escape drives well but the overall look and styling is to plain. The inward smiley face front grill just looks terrible. The Escapes central stack dash layout looks very cheap for a $40K Escape. I guess I not use to mainstream vehicles so I maybe to critical.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well...well...well...

Looks like Ford's strategy is right on track...if Hackett thought 2018 was a 'bad year'....2019 was a DISASTER!
Ford sure is on track to make even more profits out of the new 'SUV' only line up full of hard plastics eh?

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/04/ford-2019-earnings/

summary:
The Dearborn, Michigan, automaker said it made $47 million in 2019, down from a $3.68 billion profit a year earlier. For the fourth quarter the company lost $1.7 billion.
Shares in the No. 2 U.S. automaker plunged 9.4% in after-hours trading, shaving more than $3 billion off the company's value. In comparison, electric carmaker Tesla closed up nearly 14%, pushing its market cap to $160 billion, more than four times the size of Ford's $36.4 billion.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Well...well...well...

Looks like Ford's strategy is right on track...if Hackett thought 2018 was a 'bad year'....2019 was a DISASTER!
Ford sure is on track to make even more profits out of the new 'SUV' only line up full of hard plastics eh?

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/04/ford-2019-earnings/

summary:
The Dearborn, Michigan, automaker said it made $47 million in 2019, down from a $3.68 billion profit a year earlier. For the fourth quarter the company lost $1.7 billion.
Shares in the No. 2 U.S. automaker plunged 9.4% in after-hours trading, shaving more than $3 billion off the company's value. In comparison, electric carmaker Tesla closed up nearly 14%, pushing its market cap to $160 billion, more than four times the size of Ford's $36.4 billion.

Hi guys! time I didn't comment on things here.

Hellboy is rigth! 2019 was a disaster. And that disaster is a Hackett fault. He is responsable for the debacle. His plan to demise cars in favor of SUVs is not working. There are the numbers.

Take the Explorer, a vehicle destined to replace the "family cars" Taurus and Fusion, the car that must take a great portion of the Taurus/Fusion customers: a nightmare. Is selling worst than the previous generation. Is builded on a costly RWD platform exclusively for it (...ok, ok, and the Aviator...). The launch of the Explorer was a complete disaster. A disaster like no other at Ford Motor Company. The already assembled cars had to be sent to another plant to repair them, with millions $ in cost. Results: less sales, declined market share, millions $ lost. The Explorer, a traditional cash cow for Ford, almost took Ford to bankruptcy in 2019.

Hackett must resign. ASAP.

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
Hi guys! time I didn't comment on things here.

Hellboy is rigth! 2019 was a disaster. And that disaster is a Hackett fault. He is responsable for the debacle. His plan to demise cars in favor of SUVs is not working. There are the numbers.

Take the Explorer, a vehicle destined to replace the "family cars" Taurus and Fusion, the car that must take a great portion of the Taurus/Fusion customers: a nightmare. Is selling worst than the previous generation. Is builded on a costly RWD platform exclusively for it (...ok, ok, and the Aviator...). The launch of the Explorer was a complete disaster. A disaster like no other at Ford Motor Company. The already assembled cars had to be sent to another plant to repair them, with millions $ in cost. Results: less sales, declined market share, millions $ lost. The Explorer, a traditional cash cow for Ford, almost took Ford to bankruptcy in 2019.

Hackett must resign. ASAP.
Ford had one bad launch in how many launches in many recent years? That's not bad at all, considering the complexity of a completely new platform that underpins ICE, hybrid and PHEV. This is not a re-skinned minvan based CUV like ALL of the competition. The primary source of the recall is linked to a radical new MHT transmission, also newly launched. And Ford has been clear, that a one time pension cost, high warranty costs and this botched launch all combined is what hit the 4th quarter from otherwise previous very high relative qtr. And although I have my problems with Hackett entering his second year.....none of these have anything to do with him. All legacy problems, costs and even the Explorer launch began only 1 year after his arrival.

As for SUV's replacing all sedans being considered a failure.........LOL. Get real. Aside from the Taurus going away, their plan is nowhere near complete. Bronco, Bronco Sport will be huge. That much is certain. So too will Mach E CUV. All available in just months. And so much more just after that.

So please don't encourage our resident troll. He simply is negative on every single Ford product news, so yeah, like that broken clock, he will eventually be correct. Not exactly a deep thinker.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Believe me this wasn’t just one bad launch, the Escape has also been criticized and can’t hold itself against the competition...

If you think I am a troll, just look at Ford’s stock price - it’s now $6.80...why? Investors are seeing that Ford as it is is quickly becoming a company of one vehicle - the F150...they are seeing straight through the fake wall, Ford is diminishing to become a one or two country player instead of a global automaker.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
So please don't encourage our resident troll. He simply is negative on every single Ford product news
If you think I am a troll...
@hellb0y Out of curiosity... GM has had its fair share of negative news, from new models not selling as well as previous models to its failure and exit in several regions. Do you share these negative GM news in GM forums or do you exclusively focus on sharing negative Ford-related posts?

·
Registered
10,912 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pilot vs Explorer - Not a good review..How could Ford create an all new Explorer with the basics wrong? They must have looked at the competition...right?

Interior space was really the only win for the Explorer.

Ford is adamant its new Explorer is worth a look for shoppers considering a new SUV, especially those interested in the Honda Pilot. One might think they're right to assume their brand-spanking-new SUV is a proper contender for one of the class leaders. After all, the Pilot is nearly five years old, and the Explorer is just six months into its life cycle. But what Honda got right half a decade ago, Ford struggled with in the new Explorer.

Ford's problems become apparent the minute you crack the door open. At first glance, the interior is simply a bland mix of black plastics, but upon closer inspection, larger problems come into focus. A series of mismatched panels, plastics that creak while the car is in motion, and exposed wires in the driver's side footwell speak to both a poor choice of materials and a lack of quality control from Ford.

Seabaugh put it best when he said, "Gosh, this is the most disappointing new vehicle I've driven since the Ford Ranger. I can't believe an all-new, from-the-ground-up vehicle could feel so cheap and old. There's not any one thing wrong with the Explorer; it's more like everything is wrong."

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
Pilot vs Explorer - Not a good review..How could Ford create an all new Explorer with the basics wrong? They must have looked at the competition...right?

Interior space was really the only win for the Explorer.

Ford is adamant its new Explorer is worth a look for shoppers considering a new SUV, especially those interested in the Honda Pilot. One might think they're right to assume their brand-spanking-new SUV is a proper contender for one of the class leaders. After all, the Pilot is nearly five years old, and the Explorer is just six months into its life cycle. But what Honda got right half a decade ago, Ford struggled with in the new Explorer.

Ford's problems become apparent the minute you crack the door open. At first glance, the interior is simply a bland mix of black plastics, but upon closer inspection, larger problems come into focus. A series of mismatched panels, plastics that creak while the car is in motion, and exposed wires in the driver's side footwell speak to both a poor choice of materials and a lack of quality control from Ford.

Seabaugh put it best when he said, "Gosh, this is the most disappointing new vehicle I've driven since the Ford Ranger. I can't believe an all-new, from-the-ground-up vehicle could feel so cheap and old. There's not any one thing wrong with the Explorer; it's more like everything is wrong."
Yet another base I4 XLT Explorer compared with the premium V6 minivan based CUV, and their complaints are not enough power and luxury. LOL Even though the Pilot costs thousands more.

Nothing to see here, yet again.
Call me when someone compares a premium trim Explorer to a minivan based anything. They won't because they can't.

And BTW, Explorer retail sales are way up, over 32%. Proving their gamble for moving upscale with a premium platform that underpins high end luxury SUV's, not minivans, is paying off. After many delays with a botched launch anyway. And Ford is also moving ahead a few upgrades scheduled that typically show up 2 MY's after launch, to only 1 MY, and it is coming this summer, addressing several shortcomings early. More details to follow, but Ford is doing what it does best, recognizing a problem and correcting it immediately. Can't say that about many automakers.

241 - 260 of 283 Posts