Ford Inside News banner

41 - 60 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
You brought up the vette.....LOL

And now that Falcon calls you out on it, asking you to find the negative remarks you attacked him for, and you now to spin it down and no longer want to talk about it?

And if anyone should not talk about negative comments on a product, it is you!!!!

I kind of miss your ignorance around here. Or should I say, I miss the comic relief. Hellboi can't seem to hold a candle to your elite brand of foolishness. ALthough he tries desperately.:x
As usual ur little brain is getting confused w what I actually said. I said he trash talked the corvette for not being a corvette, go read the thread...I’m not gonna walk u through it

And I tried ending the corvette talk so as not to be criticized for hijacking the thread.

GD you’re an angry old man that should stfu lol

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Shut up troll. You posted the negative portion ONLY of a review, ignoring the postive remarks, and did not bother with the source. That's all you have done here. There are plenty of write-ups and video reviews, and almost entirely positive.
True.

What matters more is Ford came out with a class-leading architecture.

I no longer care about the percentage of soft-touch surfaces inside since I don't touch most of them.

·
Registered
320 Posts
.....anyway,

lots of video reviews and test drives out there. I recently watched this one and I closely aligned with the reviewers opinion of the ST.

I repeat— all of them are first drives and don’t have any data to support anything.

I am desperately waiting to see how fast the ST will be!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
While you think about how to respond to it, here are some numbers for you to digest...somehow the Ford Fusion has had an amazing year and it now sells more units than a Ford Explorer!!! Omg hey?

The Fusion has always sold better than the Explorer. What planet are you from, HELLboy?

:laugh2:

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
I repeat— all of them are first drives and don’t have any data to support anything.

I am desperately waiting to see how fast the ST will be!
So because they did not include metrics for 0-60, then you believe these many reviews are pointless? Are you an idiot? Very few care about performance data in a class like this, except trolls looking to find fault. People who will consider this care mostly about things that are hard to quantify, like seat comfort, in all rows, hatch utility, sound levels, useful and safety features, steering input feel, braking feel, shifting feel, highway cruising feel, overall remarks on quality, etc.

You are a sad troll, you make that quite clear.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So because they did not include metrics for 0-60, then you believe these many reviews are pointless? Are you an idiot? Very few care about data in a class like this, except trolls looking to find fault. People who will consider this care about seat comfort, in all rows, hatch utility, sound levels, features, steering feel, braking feel, highway cruising feel, overall remarks on quality, etc.

You are a sad troll

"I´m desesperate waiting to see how fast the ST will be..."

That is why some people think the Tesla is a good car. Because is fast. :facepalm:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Here another review, from Edmunds... https://www.edmunds.com/ford/explorer/

I will put the bad comments here...only the bad ones. I want to make HELLboy happy . Note that the bad comments are 5 lines.. in a large article. Only 5 lines.

"The main low point has to do with certain aspects of interior materials. While most of the bits close at hand are attractive soft-touch surfaces, some of it looks hard and cold. There's also a prominent joint between two completely different surfaces right in the middle that is hard to miss.
Also, we could use more USB ports. When Ford's spec sheet says it has two USB ports in the front and two more in the middle row it means one standard USB jack and one oval USB-C port in each of those places. The third row doesn't have any."

About the Explorer prices:
"Explorer pricing is fully available to study in detail on Edmunds, but here are some highlights. The base and Limited are priced to compete with the crossover competition, but certain active safety gear such as adaptive cruise control isn't standard here. There are many options, and it is ridiculously easy to hike up the price considerably."

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Here another review, from Edmunds... https://www.edmunds.com/ford/explorer/

I will put the bad comments here...only the bad ones. I want to make HELLboy happy . Note that the bad comments are 5 lines.. in a large article. Only 5 lines.

"The main low point has to do with certain aspects of interior materials. While most of the bits close at hand are attractive soft-touch surfaces, some of it looks hard and cold. There's also a prominent joint between two completely different surfaces right in the middle that is hard to miss.
Also, we could use more USB ports. When Ford's spec sheet says it has two USB ports in the front and two more in the middle row it means one standard USB jack and one oval USB-C port in each of those places. The third row doesn't have any."

About the Explorer prices:
"Explorer pricing is fully available to study in detail on Edmunds, but here are some highlights. The base and Limited are priced to compete with the crossover competition, but certain active safety gear such as adaptive cruise control isn't standard here. There are many options, and it is ridiculously easy to hike up the price considerably."

These negatives are repeated in several reviews, that certain trim surfaces that you will probably never touch, are not covered with another softer material......and that the third row does not include USB. I guess they need to feel objective, since they can no longer complain about old platform or under powered engines or lack of transmission gearing or lack of safety features or .........

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Below is link to another review of the base model.

I have to say, I think I would upgrade to the larger 10" screen. I base this on the fact that I rarely use the conventional controls, and have made it a habit to go right to the screen. But it is most beneficial when in map mode while traveling or looking for that new restaurant in Ann Arbor, or......

https://carbuzz.com/cars/ford/explorer

·
Registered
320 Posts
While you think about how to respond to it, here are some numbers for you to digest...somehow the Ford Fusion has had an amazing year and it now sells more units than a Ford Explorer!!! Omg hey?

The Fusion has always sold better than the Explorer. What planet are you from, HELLboy?

/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png
NO NO and NO!!!
You can compare the numbers here—-http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/us-vehicle-sales-figures-by-model/#vwspc-section-4

Q2 2018:
Fusion-43,802
Explorer-65,902

·
Registered
320 Posts
Below is link to another review of the base model.

I have to say, I think I would upgrade to the larger 10" screen. I base this on the fact that I rarely use the conventional controls, and have made it a habit to go right to the screen. But it is most beneficial when in map mode while traveling or looking for that new restaurant in Ann Arbor, or......

https://carbuzz.com/cars/ford/explorer
The smaller screen is better integrated but I can why some are calling it cheap when other car makers have moved to bigger units...

And yet another 1st driving review...no real numbers to compare to.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
NO NO and NO!!!
You can compare the numbers here—-http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/us-vehicle-sales-figures-by-model/#vwspc-section-4

Q2 2018:
Fusion-43,802
Explorer-65,902

OMG! You found the unique quarter when the Explorer sold more units than Fusión! Congratulations! A very hard work. You are now one step ahead in the troll training! That is why I love my HELLboy :x

·
Registered
320 Posts
NO NO and NO!!!

Q2 2018:
Fusion-43,802
Explorer-65,902

OMG! You found the unique quarter when the Explorer sold more units than Fusión! Congratulations! A very hard work. You are now one step ahead in the troll training! That is why I love my HELLboy /forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_kiss.png
Hmmm no dude lol...use the same website and look at overall sales, the Explorer sold 2.5 to 1 ratio in 2018...somehow that’s different for 2018.

·
Registered
320 Posts
^

The pathetic point is not which month sales were most or least, but the fact that a troll would compare products that have a price difference of nearly 3X. All while ignoring Explorer is transisitioning to new.
The Highlander is transition too, exact same timeline as the Explorer wink wink

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
And let us know when Highlander competely changes their product, including platform, engines, etc. Otherwise, there is little down time in slapping on new sheet metal on the same ole same ole
It might not be obvious because the larger all-new 2020 Highlander is still FWD-based but it actually rides on an all-new architecture (called TNGA-K). It's supposed to have a lower center of gravity, lighter construction, improved ride quality etc.

The new Highlander seems decent for what it is, a family wagon. Styling is actually one of Toyota's better ones.

The 2020 Explorer's advantage is its RWD-AWD architecture. Its balance and handling can make it both a family hauler and a performance SUV.

For me it's better to have a well-balanced platform than have one that relies purely on electronic driving aids to get you out of trouble.

41 - 60 of 283 Posts