Ford Inside News banner

181 - 200 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
"sounds like"

LOL

Beta testing my ass. Ford recognized a problem during building, and is keeping it from the customer, as they resolve. If trolls can't understand the difference, then I am not surprised.

As for issue, many seem to think it has something to do with the new hybrid transmission. It's a very complicated system that has never been launched by Ford before, and, well, nuff said.

Troll on
It has had 2 recalls in a matter of what...7 weeks? Lol

Ford should have followed Toyota’s lead...they stopped production of the 19 Highlander in the summer so when they are actually delivering, it will have a high standard of quality. Too bad, this **** show makes it look like Ford has an Elon Musk running it...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Toyota's lead?
You have no ****ing idea what the problem is, or the volumes involved or the best expediant solution to resolve. Yet there you are, praising the ground Toyota walks on.

Thanks for always being a troll
Neither does Ford fan boy....looks like no one has a ****ing clue.

Yup, I am praising the approach...if Ford had started making the new Explorer in March for late summer or fall deliveries they would have identified and fixed a lot of these issues...but sure let’s f up the customer, why not? And let’s f up our margins, why not? Lol

·
Registered
10,912 Posts

Yup, I am praising the approach...if Ford had started making the new Explorer in March for late summer or fall deliveries they would have identified and fixed a lot of these issues...but sure let’s f up the customer, why not? And let’s f up our margins, why not? Lol
Again, you don't know what the problem is, and certainly don't know the solution, and you absolutely have no clue what Ford knows or has resolved or how long it will take to implement.

Just stop altready troll.

·
Registered
310 Posts

Again, you don't know what the problem is, and certainly don't know the solution, and you absolutely have no clue what Ford knows or has resolved or how long it will take to implement.

EXACTLY! Ford needs to come clean now, avoid a DCT disaster now....instead of hiding behind a fake wall.

But honestly...maybe I’d do it too - since the debt has been lowered to junk, a big announcement like this would just kill stocks and prove investors right - aka the CEO’s plan is failing...

·
Registered
543 Posts

EXACTLY! Ford needs to come clean now, avoid a DCT disaster now....instead of hiding behind a fake wall.

But honestly...maybe I’d do it too - since the debt has been lowered to junk, a big announcement like this would just kill stocks and prove investors right - aka the CEO’s plan is failing...
...I’m actually on the long F wagon. F seems to be perfectly situated for the EV transformation. They’re strong on trucks/commercial/SUVs (more so with Bronco and Bronco Sport arriving) which provides a strong profit base for the transition. I’ve read from actual Ford engineers the Mach will get 300mi EPA. If that is the case, they have a pretty big lead on zee Germans who can’t seem the break 250...with better performance to boot.

I like the direction F is headed.

·
Registered
310 Posts

...I’m actually on the long F wagon. F seems to be perfectly situated for the EV transformation. They’re strong on trucks/commercial/SUVs (more so with Bronco and Bronco Sport arriving) which provides a strong profit base for the transition. I’ve read from actual Ford engineers the Mach will get 300mi EPA. If that is the case, they have a pretty big lead on zee Germans who can’t seem the break 250...with better performance to boot.

I like the direction F is headed.
300mi EPA would put the Mach at around $75k, assuming they’d need a big battery size...if that’s what Ford is aiming for, they will crash and burn

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
About the "quality" issues of the new Explorer/Aviator, is courious that that none of the boys in the press who have tested both vehicles have had anything to say about it. Instead, all of them could stick a finger between the joints of the body panels of the Faster-than-Lambo car. Well ... the people need to talk about anything... rumors are valid.

·
Registered
543 Posts
About the "quality" issues of the new Explorer/Aviator, is courious that that none of the boys in the press who have tested both vehicles have had anything to say about it. Instead, all of them could stick a finger between the joints of the body panels of the Faster-than-Lambo car. Well ... the people need to talk about anything... rumors are valid.
...Model 3 quality has improved drastically in the 2 years it has been built. You might recall the thread here recently on Ford’s DCT and how some folks had SEVERAL transmissions installed in their car and still never got complete satisfaction. Recognize all automakers face quality issues. Recognize that Tesla consistently ranks very high in customer satisfaction. Also recognize that Tesla ranks highly in quality reports, too.

https://leftlanenews.com/tesla/tesla-ranks-high-in-reliability-survey/

Where is Tesla? 4th? Ford? 14th? Hmmm. A-Class maker Mercedes? 24th?!?!?! I guess all you need is a good marketing arm and well placed ads to sell a Mercedes.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Is interesting that the "news" about the "massive quality issues" is unable to identify the "massive failure". Maybe it has to do with both vehicles promising to be the best of their respective segments ...

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
...Model 3 quality has improved drastically in the 2 years it has been built. You might recall the thread here recently on Ford’s DCT and how some folks had SEVERAL transmissions installed in their car and still never got complete satisfaction. Recognize all automakers face quality issues. Recognize that Tesla consistently ranks very high in customer satisfaction. Also recognize that Tesla ranks highly in quality reports, too.

Where is Tesla? 4th? Ford? 14th? Hmmm. A-Class maker Mercedes? 24th?!?!?! I guess all you need is a good marketing arm and well placed ads to sell a Mercedes.

You are talking about a survey conducted by.... "What car"? What? What magazine? Or What web page? What????

:lmao:

·
Registered
543 Posts

You are talking about a survey conducted by.... "What car"? What? What magazine? Or What web page? What????

... there are plenty others I can link. The truth is BEVs just have fewer problems, period. It isn’t that Tesla builds a super-duper mega-quality car, it is that EVs are far more mechanically simple and require less maintenance and repair.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
... there are plenty others I can link. The truth is BEVs just have fewer problems, period. It isn’t that Tesla builds a super-duper mega-quality car, it is that EVs are far more mechanically simple and require less maintenance and repair.

All that you say are true. An EV is more easy to mantain and repair. Another thing is the initial quality of the product...

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
Cars today are pretty reliable. Most luxury brands offer a pickup and drop-off in the event you car does need service, or worst case scenarior, you drop off your car and drive off with loaner. Thinking of some of my recent lease cars, F-150, Flex, Explorer, Taurus, Fusion......I only had the Taurus in for service. Pretty good odds. My salesman always offers me a loaner, which I kind of enjoy driving something different, in that case it was a turbo Mustang. I looked forward to it.

Anyway, the problem with BEV remains, high cost and short extension cords. Nobody yet has overcome those.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Is interesting that the "news" about the "massive quality issues" is unable to identify the "massive failure". Maybe it has to do with both vehicles promising to be the best of their respective segments ...
The issues are massive - I am on 3 Explorer forums and the number of people reporting quality issues and delays to receive their Explorer is huge....if Ford doesn’t get a handle on this issue asap, the Explorer will get associated with a bad rep as news start spreading...

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
The issues are massive - I am on 3 Explorer forums and the number of people reporting quality issues and delays to receive their Explorer is huge....if Ford doesn’t get a handle on this issue asap, the Explorer will get associated with a bad rep as news start spreading...

Ok HELLboy... I will sell my Ford stocks shares because the company will go to bankrupcy because some Explorer/Aviators (preproduction units? , early assembled units?) have some assembly faults.

I remember when I bought my last Explorer.. it was one of the early units assembled in the Ford Motor facility in Valencia, Venezuela. It came with some quality and assembly faults, because the early units of a completly new models have these problems. And I knew that before buying the car. The people that doesnt want to have problems with it cars, should avoid to buy a new model in the first months of the production. Everybody know that.

Now, you can continue with the scandal...

:x

181 - 200 of 212 Posts