Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I wonder what the future holds for the EcoSport once the Baby Bronco hits the streets.
It'll certainly continue on in the rest of the world, the question is whether the US will get a new model or not. I say yes, as long as they make some on it.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
EcoSport was brought here to compete with a growing segment. Considering how Fiesta goes away with their SUV/CUV only strategy, the probability of EcoSport hanging around is very high, as is any plans to upgrade it to be more competitive.
A good thing to note too is that there's that other small crossover/truck coming at some point in some form. It's possible the US and Europe get that, with EcoSport continuing on for ROW.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I wonder what the future holds for the EcoSport once the Baby Bronco hits the streets.
The Baby Bronco will be built on the Focus-Escape platform.

The EcoSport will continue to be a subcompact based on the Fiesta platform. (Earlier spy photos show mules with a modified Fiesta body)

The current EcoSport is actually doing well in Europe.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This looks radically different to the current EcoSport. Looks similar to the new Kuga/Escape and I believe the new Edge will follow the same styling direction

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why should this be the 2021 EcoSport ? Looks more like a C-Max successor, since it seems to be based on the Focus.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Why should this be the 2021 EcoSport ? Looks more like a C-Max successor, since it seems to be based on the Focus.
This would be an early mule, using body parts/panels from other vehicles on underpinnings from a new model. So the body we see likely means nothing.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
This would be an early mule, using body parts/panels from other vehicles on underpinnings from a new model. So the body we see likely means nothing.
I believe this is the final body with camo.

The photos we saw last year was the mule using a modified Fiesta body.

---------------------
Ford has just announced it will be exiting the MPV market.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
So from what I'm understanding is they're gonna sell the Puma along side the Ecosport in Europe, wonder if they will do the same here.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
So from what I'm understanding is they're gonna sell the Puma along side the Ecosport in Europe, wonder if they will do the same here.
I'd like that idea, if they want to keep the Kuga more of an off-road based Mini SUV.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I'd like that idea, if they want to keep the Kuga more of an off-road based Mini SUV.
I guess you can look at the Puma as a smaller B-segment size version of the C-segment Kuga.

The more off-road capable C-segment SUV is the baby Bronco (Maverick).

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
They need to bring a new EcoSport to market ASAP. The current one is well....
The current one is well.... actually doing quite ok in Europe (segment is led by the French).
The EcoSport actually outsells models perceived by Americans to be better like the Mazda CX-3, Honda HR-V, Hyundai Kona, Opel Mokka (Buick Encore), and Jeep Renegade.

·
Registered
320 Posts
They need to bring a new EcoSport to market ASAP. The current one is well....
The current one is well.... actually doing quite ok in Europe (segment is led by the French).
The EcoSport actually outsells models perceived by Americans to be better like the Mazda CX-3, Honda HR-V, Hyundai Kona, Opel Mokka (Buick Encore), and Jeep Renegade.
Unfortunately the Ecosport is losing market share fast in Europe...it didn’t even make the top selling cars list, the Toyota CHR kicked it down...

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
All those listed, including the EcoSport, are at the bottom of the sales charts of a huge growing segment in Europe. EcoSport is an old product on it's way out. Sales will continue to slow in preparation. Hardly a big concern.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts