Ford Inside News banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
All those listed, including the EcoSport, are at the bottom of the sales charts of a huge growing segment in Europe. EcoSport is an old product on it's way out. Sales will continue to slow in preparation. Hardly a big concern.
Even if it's just a refresh of an older model, sales of the EcoSport are actually up in Europe compared to the same period last year.

By the end of 2018, the EcoSport was 6th in a segment made up of 30 models. Based on the first 2 months of 2019, it has overtaken the Opel Mokka which was previously at number 5.
http://carsalesbase.com/european-sales-2018-small-crossover-segment/

The current EcoSport is doing ok for a model that (in your words) is an "old product", i'm sure the next gen model will do even much better.

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Even if it's just a refresh of an older model, sales of the EcoSport are actually up in Europe compared to the same period last year.

By the end of 2018, the EcoSport was 6th in a segment made up of 30 models. Based on the first 2 months of 2019, it has overtaken the Opel Mokka which was previously at number 5.
http://carsalesbase.com/european-sales-2018-small-crossover-segment/

The current EcoSport is doing ok for a model that (in your words) is an "old product", i'm sure the next gen model will do even much better.
Not a horrible product by any means, but a bit dated. New one on the horizon.

·
Registered
511 Posts
April sales of Ecosport are up 12.2% to 5,921 (5,277)

It's job is to pave the way for something much better...

GM:
Encore....8,562 (8,925) (-4.8%)

Trax........8,553 (7,919( (+8.0%)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bringing my EcoSport back to my local Ford Dealer Tues AM to check out a very minor oil leak. Could be from the last Oil Change caused by a Oil Filter Gasket, Drain Plug Gasket or perhaps leaking from above? Possibly Valve Cover Gasket or Oil Pan Gasket or Bolts need proper tightening? Also, its ingenious On-Off Engine Feature no longer activates regardless of pushing the Activate/Dis-activate Switch? Check Engine Warning Light is (not) present but probably Diagnostic reading will show a hardware or software problem that caused the Engine On-Off function to remain On continuously. where Engine continues to run even when Brake is applied.

·
Registered
33 Posts
See that this EcoSport Forum is dead, as well as it should be for the crappy CUV that it is. Funny, lots of bitching and complaining about the Fiesta and Focus with their irritating hard shifting hybrid auto/standard transmission but no mention that my early delivery of my first year Fiesta Hatchback was never in the Shop for anything other then Oil Changes and got 34 mpg City and 41 mpg Hwy from day 1 until it was traded in for a new C-Max which also got a average of 39 mpg City & Hwy and also never had Service issues. Dumping my 2018 EcoSport for a 20K 2020 Hyundai Venue as soon as they are released. Anything better the 23 mpg City and 27 mpg Hwy will be a welcome relief. My guess that MY 21 will no long have the EcoSport in their lineup. Good riddance!
PS: EcoSport owner would be wise to take their pitiful residual values ASAP because it won't be long before it will be equivalent to those of the infamous Yugo! No doubt its replacement the European Puma will also get atrocious Fuel Economy too since it uses the same toy 3 cyl 1 ltr engine with EcoBoost. Even with a more aerodynamic body compared to the EcoBox, the drive train remains the same.

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Bringing my EcoSport back to my local Ford Dealer Tues AM to check out a very minor oil leak. Could be from the last Oil Change caused by a Oil Filter Gasket, Drain Plug Gasket or perhaps leaking from above? Possibly Valve Cover Gasket or Oil Pan Gasket or Bolts need proper tightening? Also, its ingenious On-Off Engine Feature no longer activates regardless of pushing the Activate/Dis-activate Switch? Check Engine Warning Light is (not) present but probably Diagnostic reading will show a hardware or software problem that caused the Engine On-Off function to remain On continuously. where Engine continues to run even when Brake is applied.
So the leak started after an oil change? I think the proof of a probable solution, is ample.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
See that this EcoSport Forum is dead, as well as it should be for the crappy CUV that it is. Funny, lots of bitching and complaining about the Fiesta and Focus with their irritating hard shifting hybrid auto/standard transmission but no mention that my early delivery of my first year Fiesta Hatchback was never in the Shop for anything other then Oil Changes and got 34 mpg City and 41 mpg Hwy from day 1 until it was traded in for a new C-Max which also got a average of 39 mpg City & Hwy and also never had Service issues. Dumping my 2018 EcoSport for a 20K 2020 Hyundai Venue as soon as they are released. Anything better the 23 mpg City and 27 mpg Hwy will be a welcome relief. My guess that MY 21 will no long have the EcoSport in their lineup. Good riddance!
PS: EcoSport owner would be wise to take their pitiful residual values ASAP because it won't be long before it will be equivalent to those of the infamous Yugo! No doubt its replacement the European Puma will also get atrocious Fuel Economy too since it uses the same toy 3 cyl 1 ltr engine with EcoBoost. Even with a more aerodynamic body compared to the EcoBox, the drive train remains the same.

What you call "toy engine", the 1.0 lt 3 cyl ecoboost engine, is one of the most awarded engines worldwide as the best in its class. The problem is that in America they relate quality / price / performance with size. It has always been that way, and it is like that.

here something to read: https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/news/2019/05/22/ford-1-0-litre-ecoboost-wins-11th-iepoty-engine-oscar--powered-1.html

:laugh2:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts