Ford Inside News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
It’s a dud...the rest of the Internet is on fire over how f up the front end is...we were promised a new truck not a refresh....

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
Love that Ford kept their design mostly intact with a heavy polish job and did not pull a Ram effect grill. I still can't warm up to that abomination. or did not get ridiculous with body styling, like Silverado, which manages to look like Nissan stylists puked all over it.

The interior looks to be completely redone and fresh. No doubt will be class leading.

So far, great job Ford

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
That is one classy looking F150.

Glad Ford was able to make it look fresh and still manage to keep it looking like an F150.

At this point, only a fool would want to mess with a winning formula.

·
Registered
306 Posts
You can put a GMC badge in that front end, and nobody will take care of the mistake...
Yes you can, the F150 forum is in uproar over the redesign...

Prediction- Ford will give in more market share to Ram...we might have a new #1 in the next 3y.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Yes you can, the F150 forum is in uproar over the redesign...

Prediction- Ford will give in more market share to Ram...we might have a new #1 in the next 3y.

@hellb0y what brand of vehicle do you drive and what brand vehicle do you plan to buy next? Just curious since all we know about you so far "vehicle-wise" is that you hate Ford (based on pretty much all your posts in FIN forums).

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
You can put a GMC badge in that front end, and nobody will take care of the mistake...
It depends how you look at it, i've always associated that headlight shape with Super Duty Fords. They've had it since the 2008 model year Super Duty trucks and has made its way to the F150s.

2008 Super Duty

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Ok Ok guys.... I mean the DLR are too close to the GMC...

The F series will continue to dominate the market, by far. The electric versions (PHEV and BEV) will help to do it. And the new Tesla aberration that Elon call pick up, will be a joke compared with Ford trucks.

·
Registered
10,912 Posts

The F series will continue to dominate the market, by far. The electric versions (PHEV and BEV) will help to do it. And the new Tesla aberration that Elon call pick up, will be a joke compared with Ford trucks.
Good point about sales, that the BEV and hybrid versions will still be part of the F150, not some new name that parses sales. Truck leadership is hardly at risk. Any new Ram sales seem to come from GM with their new style, as Ford has given up nothing. There is new and exclusive technology that has yet to be revealed that is pretty exciting too.

·
Registered
306 Posts

Good point about sales, that the BEV and hybrid versions will still be part of the F150, not some new name that parses sales. Truck leadership is hardly at risk. Any new Ram sales seem to come from GM with their new style, as Ford has given up nothing. There is new and exclusive technology that has yet to be revealed that is pretty exciting too.
GM thought the same - no one can take the Silverado off #2 and then the buying public soured to the interior, some sales moved to GMC but most moved out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts