Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 5.0 Coyote V8 - IN DEPTH
5.0/superfords magazine (I'm a regular visitor to their site) just recently published a story regarding the new 5.0 V8. It's a very comprehensive article (15 pages long) but it brings to light some of the challenges Ford had when designing this engine as well as neat technical bits and other bits of info...

2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Coyote Engine - Mustang50magazine.com
For The First Time Ever, The Mustang Gets Its Own V-8 — And We Get The Inside Story On Its Birth

March, 2010
By Tom Wilson
Photography by Dale Amy, Courtesy of Ford Motor Company

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 5.0mustang/superfords magazine writes very good article about the new 5.0/coyote

Thanks, Gmfan1111 :)
but
you didn't mention that article is 15 pages!!!
I could've swore i did (I guess the editing tool wasn't working quite right when i originally posted it) but either way I apologize for not mentioning the total page numbers (it's now fixed)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: 5.0mustang/superfords magazine writes very good article about the new 5.0/coyote

Oh great another Cammer engine. I guess the Ford executives really do have their heads that far up their rearends.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Very good article. Lots of details.

Personally I am still surprised they did not go with DAMB valve actuation like the the 3.5/3.7L. My guess is that it had to do with the existing tooling.

P.S. I think that is the same "Indy" Cammer that used to sit in the lobby of the old EEE/POEE building. It was there when I started back in 1976 !

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

All that matters are these factors
  • Power
  • Durability
  • Economy
  • cost of maintanance
Yes, I think the V8 standard is still GM.. No one makes more power as cheaply..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts