Ford Inside News banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks amazing.

From the article:
LOS ANGELES (November 20, 2014) – Galpin Auto Sports and Henrik Fisker finally took the wraps off of their "Ultimate American Muscle Car" today at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show. Following a short press conference, Henrik Fisker and Galpin's President, Beau Boeckmann unveiled a low-volume production, carbon fiber-bodied, super-Mustang dubbed "Rocket."

28 pictures and Press Release

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I was excited for this debut but came away disappointed. This car doesn't have the graceful design of Fisker's past work, its just another Mustang tuner that screams "look at me". I was hoping more of the upmarket elegance of Fisker's previous rebodies. Or to put it another way, a LincStang by another name.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
^ silly rabbit
LincStangs is LincStangs
:nevreness:

Accept No Substitute!!

on-topic
so far I like everything except the ginormous grille - and that's not that bad
Don't get me wrong, I like the car in the same way I liked past Saleen Mustangs. It's just that my first thoughts when I heard about this car was to think how capable the S550 chassis is and what Fisker could do with it relative to what he did with the past BMW/Mercedes cars. There was a real potential for him to do a premium grand touring car rather than just another tuner Mustang.

Edit: And the 725 on the hood just looks tacky.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
^ I'm not very familiar with Fisker at all

&but afaik, he could've just lent/sold the use of his name for the GalpinStang (GalloppingStang?)
A Mercedes SL re-body that was done prior to the failed Fisker brand.

And here is a BMW based car, which was called the Latigo

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Happy to see they didn't use the absolutely atrocious Fisker design language to gum up a great car like they have in the past. The only car I'll drive around in that has a thick mustache on the front of it is a Lyft.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
For $100,000 were one to truly value being unique this car will definitely provide that, and it is assured to be very limited production.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts