Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I know it's only a concept, but would they really go with the long nose and D2A if they were just going to do more of the same? I wonder if they're going the Mazda/Volvo route and fixing the FWD proportions or would Honda really do RWD?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^
Acura Precision Concept Teased, Debuts at 2016 Detroit Auto Show

AutomobileMag

December 18, 2015

...Acura Precision Concept, a highly styled four-door that is said to preview “the direction for future Acura design.”
Based on this teaser photo, look for the Acura Precision Concept to have sporty proportions with a long hood and an almost coupe-like curved roofline, recalling the profile of cars like the Audi A7. A pronounced character line makes a big impression on the car's bodysides, while the bodywork is flared over the wheelarches to produce an even more planted stance. Given its proportions, the Precision Concept might preview a new high-end performance-focused Acura sedan...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I kind of gave up on Acura ever making a good looking sedan since I owned the Legend years ago. Each generation looks more bland and out of date. The beak front grill does not help it looks at all either. Acura is total wreck in terms of design an elegant looking sedans. Now they took a turn for the worse in the center console too! With dual screens and tactile feeling touch button responses too. They have lost their way big time!

The new NSX hybrid does not help it image like Acura thought it would back in 2012 when they first did a public release of this hybrid vehicle. Now in 2016 and this design has also past on with the times. The price it the same as a 911 Turbo! Cannot wait to see the numbers of sales of this new NSX at price point of $150K-$207K! Not going to look good in my opinion.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I saw Acura new diamond pentagram style front grill in person, and I have to say, it even looks worse then the beek! From the pictures, it is shot at an angle that make it look appealing. In person, it is not attractive!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

I know it's only a concept, but would they really go with the long nose and D2A if they were just going to do more of the same? I wonder if they're going the Mazda/Volvo route and fixing the FWD proportions or would Honda really do RWD?
Wouldn't be the first time they did a long nose on FWD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts