Ford Inside News banner

Acura TLX caught naked in production guise, can you spot the differences?

10K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  germeezy1 
#1 ·
Acura TLX caught naked in production guise, can you spot the differences?

Acura doesn't tend to do concept cars these days that don't foreshadow a specific upcoming production model. The ZDX prototype of 2010 previewed the production version, as did the ILX and RLX showcars of 2012 and the MDX of 2013. The NSX concept is on its way to production, as the SUV-X concept is likely to do as well in the coming years. So when Acura revealed the TLX prototype at the Detroit Auto Show a few months ago, we all but knew it would only be a matter of time before that, too, would be produced. And here it is.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/10/acura-tlx-production-spy-shots/

See less See more
#6 ·
Something is different from the concept. Maybe it's the lower headlight area that gives it a new look, but it just doesn't look as good as the concept. Maybe it would look better in a different color.

#8 ·
^ imho it looks much more boxy than the curvy concept .... too bad the "can opener" survives

Autoblog photo from the TLX 'red carpet' thread
It's virtually identical to the show car outside of the paint, wheels, and everything on the bottom of the body, lower front facia, rocker panels, and lower rear facia are all less aggressive. They could bring back the more aggressive parts for a performance edition.

#20 ·
I like this car a lot. Are there some things I'd change on it, sure. I'd put exhaust tips on it for starters. I don't think the white paint does anything for this car. I think it hides some of the nice lines in the body work. Also, I wonder if this is the four cylinder or the six cylinder? Maybe the six cylinder will have a little more attitude? Who knows...

#22 ·
I like the looks, and I don't think the white is flattering in the photos. The model I would be most interested in would be a 2.4L with the Hybrid SH-AWD. Give it a decent balance of performance to MPG and it would be what my wife would like. Dallas traffic is killing us in gas with the Explorer. We got tired of getting 21ish running back and forth to Houston so now we just take my car (08 Legacy) and get 27-30 depending on wind direction (which I don't think is bad for an older AWD car rated at 27 highway, especially running 79mph most of the way).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.