Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked out to the parking lot at work the other day and spotted this beauty out there:

While it may not be in the best shape or be the most famous Thunderbird it was quite striking to see in a sea of jellybeans and main stream appliances. I mean just look at those lines compared to the mundane Camry next to it. Just thought I'd like to share with y'all :cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
My parents had a dark green '77 T-Bird with a 400 cu. in. V8. It rode (and drove) like an ocean liner, and I wish I had it today. The design really does set it apart from any modern car.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Nice, but I was never a fan of the 70's T-Birds. I much preferred my 77 Grand Prix SJ, my first car! It had the 400, T-Tops, velour interior, beige with beige top! Awesome car, though I think my 10 speed was faster!! LOL

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
My parents had a 79 with a 460 cubic inch engine when I was but a wee lad.
The 460 part sounds impressive! Having owned a '77 Grand Prix with the Pontiac 400 I know it wasn't!

The 6.6L engine was good for 180HP vs a 2.0EB of today at 240+!! I still love those old car though, they had personality!!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
The 460 part sounds impressive! Having owned a '77 Grand Prix with the Pontiac 400 I know it wasn't!

The 6.6L engine was good for 180HP vs a 2.0EB of today at 240+!! I still love those old car though, they had personality!!
At that point everything was quite slothful for the most part due to emissions regulations, and a large displacement V8 was the only way to have anything approaching smooth powerful propulsion. I still to this day remember that cars impressively smooth idle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts