Ford Inside News banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see this posted so even tho it's been aired already...
Dec 21 2007, 07:31 PM (link)
Alan Mulally on Autoline Detroit

Anyone who has had half a toe in automotive knows what's been going on at Ford the last few years. And to be generous, much of it has been curious at best. Alan Mulally was brought in from Boeing late in 2006 to show what he could do to straighten things out. This month he completes his first full year on the job, and though things are still rough, he’s had some successes slowly start to show

This week, for the first time, he joins John McElroy as the sole guest on the automotive interview show Autoline Detroit. Joining John on his panel to question Mr. Mulally are Joe White from the Wall Street Journal and Csaba Csere of Car and Driver. The quartet touch on a variety of topics, everything from product to people to marketing to strategy. So catch Alan Mulally this Sunday, December 23rd on the national cable outlet SPEED at 7 a.m. ET, and in southeastern Michigan and throughout Canada on WTVS-PBS Detroit at 10:30 a.m. ET. The interview can also be viewed on the show's website on Sunday morning (Dec 23)

Link to the online episode @ www.autolinedetroit.tv
-------------

This is the first time I've had the opportunity to hear Mr. M. speak
(& tho being on dialup, I've only viewed the first installment)
imho it's worth watching.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I listened to him, and my opinion is that he is a disciplined mind, who will probably achieve what he is trying.
On the other hand he sounds just like any other CEO, focused, and only utters corporate talking points.
It seems like Ford is on the same path as GM when it comes to alternative powertrains. Diesels, biofuels, Hybrids, plug ins, all electric and eventually Hydrogen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts