·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mulally to shake things up at Ford
April 1, 2007

BY TOM WALSH

FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

OK, Mr. Nice Guy, you've proven that you can charm the socks off every cynical journalist, frustrated car dealer and nervous Ford Motor Co. employee within earshot.

Now comes the tough part.

What are you going to DO, now that you've had six months as Ford's president and CEO, to stop the free fall in sales of Ford cars and trucks?

Alan Mulally will give us an answer soon, I suspect, about how he plans to fix what he acknowledges is the company's most vexing problem -- how to get more shoppers inside a Ford or Lincoln-Mercury showroom.

Look for Ford's new sheriff to shake up the automaker's sales and marketing hierarchy in the next two months by bringing in new blood and reassigning or purging some folks with big titles. It's not clear yet who's coming and who's going, but even Cisco Codina, group vice president for North American marketing, sales and service, and Mark Fields, president of the Americas, are vulnerable if the revenue numbers don't improve quickly.

For the rest of the article: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070401/COL06/704010589

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought that this was an interesting article. I was amazed by how some executives laughed at other peoples ideas, l c'mon they teach you not to do that in grade 2! Now that Mulally is at Ford, they will survive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts