Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*epic* post at GMI

The Attainable Supercar: All-new 2015 4C Coupe Delivers Groundbreaking Italian Design, Advanced Technological Solutions and Supercar-level Performance
GMInsideNews.com

June 14, 2014
By: GMI Staff

• Arriving in the third-quarter, the all-new 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C coupe spearheads the Italian sports car brand’s return to North America with an MSRP as low as $53,900
• Mid-engine proportions and inspiration from the brand’s racing traditions highlight Alfa Romeo 4C’s purposeful design for maximum performance
• Unique set of advanced materials and technological solutions from Formula 1: carbon fiber monocoque, aluminum chassis structures and a composite body shell for an ultra-lightweight design with supercar-level performance
• State-of-the-art powertrain technology: all-aluminum 1750 cc direct-injection turbocharged engine with intercooler, dual variable-valve timing and advanced scavenging technology is paired to a blistering fast Alfa TCT (twin-clutch transmission) with Alfa DNA selector
• Excellence made in Italy: Alfa Romeo 4C combines the best technical and manufacturing competencies of two brands, Alfa Romeo and Maserati...

much More...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
if anyone wants to repost more of this article/pix, please feel free
&
naturally, my main purpose is bringing up my proposed Lincoln 2 seater
= based on a backwards Focus-RS chassis (á là Fiero)
$39,900 - 56k: 1.0EB/180hp - 2.3EB/345hp

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
The exterior is ok, but the interior looks cheap. I'm not sure this will do well, since there are much better choices out there.

I don't know. I'm not very confident FCA's plan will succeed. It's looking like Fiat is using Chrysler the way Daimler did. Plus, it was really boneheaded to put Alfa Romeo dealers in areas that aren't high-income.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'd take a Cayman over that any ol' time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I want a Linc like this.

Leave ford the mustang. But I say there is a room for a linc super sport coupe with small high performance engine.

If this starts on mid 50s and take on likes Mb.bmw.Porsche. Jag... I think Linc also can.

Love the sensible theme on Linc. How ever I'm young and would love something to rise up the adrenaline every once in a while.

Remember even Lexus is coming up with the RC-F.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C [w/video] - Autoblog
The Exquisite Beauty Of Imperfection

By Seyth Miersma
Posted Jun 16th 2014
[imgalign=left]http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/26fa61e9893d32cbaf9bf62967ca685/200279022/lead3-2015-alfa-romeo-4c-fd.jpg[/imgalign]
The dissonance between first look and first wheel turn was jarring...

...wherever they drive, expect things to get pretty loud. No sooner had I doubled over, dropped into the driver's seat, and fired to life the Alfa's utterly raucous little 1.7-liter engine, did the 'symphony' of the 4C begin. An introductory note of an inevitable chin scrape as I pulled out of the hipster parking lot and into the street was quickly followed by the uncivilized racket of the engine warming up, with only wafer-thin glass to filter the hubbub just behind my head. At a cold idle, the sound isn't unlike what I'd imagine it would be like to live inside of a Volkswagen TDI engine bay.

Thankfully, as traffic cleared and The City's streets turned swiftly into undulating coastal roads, the experiential delta between heartthrob looks and project-car manners started to shrink. Unlike the last Alfas to be sold en masse on our shores, this is no beautiful boulevardier. What the 4C is, however, is hot ****'s own driver's car.

On public backroads, the Alfa is nothing short of a scalpel...
(The 4C also offers launch control when its DNA drive mode has been toggled into Race,
making a real, mid-four-second starting sprint very doable.)**

...I'd stake my bottom dollar on the fact that, with one glance at the $65,945 as-tested price and the 237-hp output, some Autoblog reader is going to sound off, "that's Corvette money!" They will, of course, be correct and be utterly missing the point all at the same time. The mid-sixties pricing that Alfa Romeo believes the 4C will sell at, will of course buy any manner of sports car that is 'better' than this Italian coupe in some regard. Clearly cars like the BMW M4, or Porsche Cayman S, or Jaguar F-Type Coupe or the beloved C7 offer advantages of power, practicality, price, poshness or some combination therein. The 4C will never win with numbers crunchers.

It will win with those that want something pure, complex and beautiful, however. Drivers who value handling and touch more than top-speed figures and rank in the horsepower wars. At just 500 units, the Launch Edition of the 4C – and its all-options-in $69,695-price tag – will also help seduce those buyers seeking something rare, and possibly iconic, depending on how well Alfa's larger American resurrection plan takes hold. For those of particular, discerning and idiosyncratic driving tastes, this car and its impressive subdermal technology will be a bargain. Everyone else will unblinkingly buy the 'Vette...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
in original GMI article...
** Innovative Alfa DNA selector
The all-new Alfa Romeo 4C features the brand’s innovative Alfa DNA selector with “Race” mode – enabling the driver to optimize the right level of performance through four modes. With a touch of the Alfa DNA selector, the character of the Alfa Romeo 4C can be changed to (in order of increasing capability):
All-weather – designed to ensure maximum control under adverse weather conditions and enables gentler accelerator input and special engine and brake control logic to match road speed and prevent skidding
Natural – enables grand touring comfort and smooth drivability for the Alfa TCT gearbox
Dynamic – enables improved driving performance via a more aggressive powertrain calibration and less intrusive electronic stability control (ESC) setting
Race – is the most extreme performance mode, putting the driver in total control of the car under race conditions. ESC and anti-slip regulation (ASR) are deactivated to allow the driver to control traction through the accelerator pedal. The Alfa Romeo Electronic Q2 differential control system remains active for fast exits out of corners or bends.
... In Race mode, launch control can be activated, allowing the Alfa Romeo 4C to deliver supercar-level 0-to-60 mph acceleration blasts in the mid-4 second range

1 - 7 of 7 Posts