Ford Inside News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SHANGHAI — Alibaba Group Holding has signed a deal with Ford to explore cooperation in areas such as cloud computing, connectivity and retail, which could involve selling Ford cars on Alibaba's online retail platform Tmall.

Alibaba in a statement on Thursday said digital marketing-focused Alimama and operating system firm AliOS would be among subsidiaries working with Ford under the three-year agreement.

One avenue under consideration is the sale of Ford cars on Tmall, an Alibaba spokeswoman said. Reuters on Wednesday reported that Ford was planning to sign such a deal as it overhauls its China strategy to stimulate growth.

"The agreement aims to explore new ways to redefine how consumers purchase and own vehicles, as well as how to leverage digital channels to identify new retail opportunities," Alibaba said in its statement.

More at link below,

Link to Autoblog article

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cross referenced article,

Ford has put a lot of focus on China’s electric vehicle market — with a local joint venture expected to lead to 15 electric or hybrid models on sale in the country by 2025 — and today the automotive giant announced a tie-in with Alibaba to fulfill its ambitious goals.

The scope of alliance is fairly broad and vague at this point, but a large chunk of the”strategic collaboration” appears to be based around developing a direct sales channel to reach consumers in China.

Alibaba is the country’s largest e-commerce firm that’s best known for its Taobao marketplace and T-Mall service for brands. The alliance could see Ford utilize T-Mall to sell cars to consumers — the company has sold items like cargo jets via Taobao before — but there could be room for collaboration within Alibaba’s ‘Next Retail’ strategy that unites online and offline commerce.

More below,

Link to techcrunch article

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
This is good. I want to purchase my next car in Internet... and i want Ford send it to my home. The finantial transaction could be formalize in my home or my office with a salesman visiting me. :laugh2:

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once you experience someone dropping off your clean new car, you never want to go back. It's especially great if you are re-leasing or trading in, because they pick up your vehicle as well. I came home from work and found my clean new car waiting for me, and I just signed several documents. Done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts