Ford Inside News banner

201 - 220 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Isn't she Jean Lindamood Jennings? She was a writer at Car and Driver and part of the original team that started Automobile magazine before becoming Editor in Chief.

And as far as black cladding... I must be the only person that prefers it. When it's all one color, tall cars/CUVs (like on the Edge Sport or MKS) look fat and portly.
When I look at the Edge Sport, I don't see any fat or portly dimensions. I prefer the look of the Edge Sport's black grill, black window trim. black wheels and rear hatch's light bar over the MKX's chrome theme and black cladding. The MKX interior is nicer though and has some other nice features, but it can't justify me paying $14,000 more over the Edge Sport. The Edge Sport would look terrible if lower portions were not painted the same body color and covered with black cladding. The black cladding looks fine for an entry level model, but on the top of the line $60000 - $65000 model it does not look good to me.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
I would prefer a painted cladding as well. However, since i'm going to opt for a black MKX, the cladding won't jump as you as much as on a lighter vehicle.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ yeah tho
as I've said, I *like* the look of "matte-off-black" cladding with glossy black paint
otoh
with dk.gray paint it really might disappear - prolley a bit darker than:
- Magnetic
- Luxe (Metalicious)
- Chroma Quartz

trying to remember how it looks with Tuxedo...

edit
also still wonder about having 2-or-3 (muted?) COLORS of cladding to co-ordinate with various paint colors
+
of course, for the rockerpanel area: chrome or satin/alu/silver

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
The cladding is noticeably next to the black as the black paint is shiny, and the cladding looks dull next to it.

Still better than on white...:thumb:

I have this black plastic at the rear of my black metallic MKZ as well and it doesn't pop out at all...

I'm hoping for an 'all painted'-option as well - but I don't keep my hopes up too high.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think the LED headlights on the MKZ show be standard on the all Lincolns vehicles, and the new LED headlight should be the option, instead of HID headlights.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I went to the NY Autoshow this past Wednesday to check out the 2015 Ford Edge Sport, but was blown away by the MKX. The MKX looks much better in the flesh. I had my mind made up and was going to get the 2016 Edge Sport, but after seeing the MKX I've changed my mind. The pictures of the MKX on the internet and videos do it no justice. It looks so good I went back yesterday to Autoshow to see it again. The reps at the booth were not sure when the SYNC 3 will be available, and I will have to extend my 2013 Edge Sport lease in order to get the MKX with SYNC 3. I'm also still waiting to see what type lease rates they will be offering for the MKX, and I'm willing to increase my budget to get the MKX.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I went to the NY Autoshow this past Wednesday to check out the 2015 Ford Edge Sport, but was blown away by the MKX. The MKX looks much better in the flesh. I had my mind made up and was going to get the 2016 Edge Sport, but after seeing the MKX I've changed my mind. The pictures of the MKX on the internet and videos do it no justice. It looks so good I went back yesterday to Autoshow to see it again. The reps at the booth were not sure when the SYNC 3 will be available, and I will have to extend my 2013 Edge Sport lease in order to get the MKX with SYNC 3. I'm also still waiting to see what type lease rates they will be offering for the MKX, and I'm willing to increase my budget to get the MKX.
:thumb:
exactly the hoped for result :joyous:
&
what color-combo / trim-level are you considering, Blitz?

Want to add anything to the 'from the show' thread?
Did you see the Muse interior?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
The reps at the booth were not sure when the SYNC 3 will be available, and I will have to extend my 2013 Edge Sport lease in order to get the MKX with SYNC 3.
Great to hear you liked the MKX!:thumb:

It seems you had an 'MKZ'-experience. I like to call it that way because the MKZ also looks far better in reality.

I'm also interested in finding out when SYNC 3 will be out. When does your lease expire? Mine runs 'til mid-December. Wondering if that's long enough...

Lease-rates will be THE deciding factor for me. My favorite BL MKX would be $65K - BUT the Volvo XC90 is just $500 more. The vehicle with the better lease will be my next ride...

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

It seems you had an 'MKZ'-experience. I like to call it that way because the MKZ also looks far better in reality.

I'm also interested in finding out when SYNC 3 will be out. When does your lease expire? Mine runs 'til mid-December. Wondering if that's long enough...

Lease-rates will be THE deciding factor for me. My favorite BL MKX would be $65K - BUT the Volvo XC90 is just $500 more. The vehicle with the better lease will be my next ride...
As said before, Lincoln needs leasing parity/advantage
but
what IF the X was identical to the Volvo's monthly cost?
what IF it's $5 more?
what IF it's $10 more?
what IF it's $20 more?
what IF it's $etc...

&
don't remember - did you post the approx. specs and your color choices for both??
or is your shopping not that far along, LFFL?

edit/forgot
not sure if these are a bit '''too''' for me?

but them I really like the hidden HL look...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
don't remember - did you post the approx. specs and your color choices for both??
or is your shopping not that far along, LFFL?
I would have to make a decision either by the beginning of September or October (September if I'd opt for the Volvo due to the fact that it takes longer to get here since it's built in Europe).

My favorite MKX Black Label would be:

Black Label AWD: $55,810 [6 cyl., 335 HP, 370 lb/ft.(est.), seats 5, 19 MPG combined (premium recommended)]
Destination: $895
Modern Heritage Theme / Black Tie exterior: $0
2.7L EcoBoost: $2,000
20" Painted Wheels: $0 (initially, I wanted the 21" but the ride might not be that comfy and the $1,300 surcharge is a bit steep. Also, the 20" on the Black Label are indeed 'exclusive')
22-Way Seats: $1,500
Cargo Utility Package: $365
Climate Package: $595
Technology Package: $1,720
Driver Assistance Package: $1,650
Adaptive Steering: $625
Satin Roof Rails: $195
Enhanced Security: $60
Cargo Accessory Package: $175

TOTAL MSRP: $65,590

My favorite Volvo would be:

XC90 Inscription AWD: $54,500 [4 cyl., 316 HP, 295 lb/ft., seats 7, 22 MPG combined (premium recommended)]

Blond Perforated Nappa Leather / Onyx Black Metallic exterior: $560
Destination: $995
20" Wheels (Y-spoke): $0
Vision Package: $1,600
Climate Package: $1,050
Convenience Package: $1,800
4-corner Air Suspension: $1,800
Integrated Center Booster Cushion: $250
Graphic Head-up Display: $900
Bowers & Wilkens Premium Sound: $2,650

TOTAL MSRP: $66,105

The Lincoln has the more powerful engine, the Volvo the better transmission (8-speed). Lincoln has better leather and Alcantara headliner, Volvo has more features (rear sunshades, third row, 4-zone A/C-system, head-up display, all-digital speedometer, 12.3" navi-screen, headlight-washers, power-folding headrests - second row etc.)

Of course, the Lincoln also has a few options the Volvo doesn't have (massage-seats, power adjustable front headrests etc.).

Hopefully, I covered the basics...:thumb:

I might also go ahead and get the MKX when my lease expires and get the Volvo as Jeep-replacement a year later. Since both are brand new, I'll also have to pay attention to what's available when I order. Volvo will be rolling out some new features (power folding feature for the 3rd row seats) by the end of the year and on the MKX, we are waiting for Sync 3. I'm not expecting to see a new 9-speed tranny on the MKX in time but that's not a deal-breaker for me.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Yea, I like the MKX a lot. My lease is up in October, and I don't think the SYNC 3 will be available by then, so I will probably have to extend my lease.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The new X can't come soon enough for me!

My dealer lured me in (nearest Lincoln dealer is an hour and a half away) on the weekend as he has a customer for my '13 X (super low mileage) and was willing to buy me out of my lease a year early! He had me try a '15 Explorer Sport ($56K), '15 Edge Titanium ($53K) and a '15 MKC Reserve ($56K). Explorer was crazy powerful but too much vehicle for me. The Edge was terribly plain-jane and didn't interest me at all. They had a lead on a black/black Sport but I declined because of my disdain of suede seats (come on, Ford, offer a leather upgrade or something!!).

I liked the MKC - it had 255-width tires on the uplevel wheels - and decided to take it on an extended test drive. Glad I did... the seat was just too narrow and my left leg kept going numb. Plus, I had to put the seat so far back that my elbow landed behind the arm rest (I'm 6'3", 210) and when I went from the brake to the gas, my foot was constantly banging on the kick panel. Loved the compact size though - it handled great and the 2.3 had good power, but it was noisy (to me) and there was a slight vibration while stopped in drive. I've never been a fan of 4-bangers, however. To top it off there were some quality issues, namely a creak in the driver's seat, creak somewhere in the back and a dash/trim fitment problem. Shame as it could have saved me a few bucks... I know a '16 MKX ordered to my specification is going to be very expensive!

When I got back into my X after half a day at the dealership, it just felt right. Quiet, lots of power and very nice inside. For me, that's saying a lot. I'm always after the latest and greatest!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I felt the same way after taking a MKC out for a test drive - have ordered a 2016 MKX - but not BL - but pretty well loaded - just currious as to when they are starting production, and approx delivery time to me - hope it will be here before the end of July !

Phil

201 - 220 of 322 Posts