Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 322 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: 2016 Lincoln MKX Black Label Order Guide

...stating the obvious (from the pix)
- UNIQUE [BL] welcome mat (light)
- renaming TripleCrown to "Thoroughbred"?? (trademark dispute?)
- MUSE Only with ChromaQuartz paint??? < Not
- twenty-ONE** inch 'whirlpool' wheels??
** belated: I didn't remember sizes when posting^^^
HERE's all the wheel pix
I can't get over the MUSE / ChromaQuartz being PURELY a one-complete suite/pkg
(( ie NO Other paint colors - not even BLACK ))
^ Not ^
...as you say: ChromaQUARTZ only comes with Muse
NOT the other way around
Sooooooooo glad!!!!!!!!!
I'm (still) obsessing about this - but in a Good way imho
cuz
deciding that it's a Good Thing that FLincMoCo is willing to EXPERIMENT with such a LIMITED "prescription" for a paint color
&
wondering what they might think up next!

think that a [BL]² might be around the corner ... if not on the S(wic)
then on either the Continental (if diff from S(wic)) or LincStang

I'm still convinced we'll hear about the LincStang before the end of 2016 when the aluminNavi comes out

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

Not sure how I feel about those 21 inch wheels they look like they will be a bear to keep clean.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Not sure how I feel about those 21 inch wheels they look like they will be a bear to keep clean.
I'll probably opt for those 21 inch wheels simply because the standard BL-wheels look a bit too - well - 'ordinary' for my taste. There are other 20" wheels available on the MKX that would be more appealing but since they are not available on BL, I'll likely take the 21".

My concern isn't keeping them clean - I'm a bit more concerned about comfort and a potentially higher risk of damage. On the other hand, the 19" I have on my MKZ don't have much of a sidewall, either and so far, I'm quite happy with them...:thumb:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

With Black Label, you can go in every day if you wish for a wash.
Haha..yeah, that's true. Let's see how much they will be asking for the BL-version. I might have them clean the wheels with a toothbrush...:tongue:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Both dealers are out of the way for me so that would be a hassle... besides I like cleaning my own car.

I wish Lincoln would offer a nice 5 spoke design like I had on my LS. Clean look and easy to clean!

·
Registered
358 Posts

This benefit is a bit of a joke. Unless they let you drive it through the car wash yourself, it would probably take 30 minutes for you to drop the car off, have them write it up, call a technician to take it back to the car wash, and bring it back to you. You then have the matter that any time I've had my car washed at the dealer it comes back to me soaking wet, as if they don't have a dryer or at least not one that works.

·
Registered
39 Posts

This benefit is a bit of a joke. Unless they let you drive it through the car wash yourself, it would probably take 30 minutes for you to drop the car off, have them write it up, call a technician to take it back to the car wash, and bring it back to you. You then have the matter that any time I've had my car washed at the dealer it comes back to me soaking wet, as if they don't have a dryer or at least not one that works.
Call ahead? I mean if they are going to promote this service I would hope some system would be implemented to make it convenient. Doesn't driving the car away act as a natural blower 😄

·
Registered
193 Posts

Thanks for posting this info! A lot of us have been anticipating some solid details on the MKX.

Reviewing the OG myself, there's nothing that really about BL that screams out to me - except for the alcantara headliner. I have a strong dislike for the patterned leather and a real disdain for those upgraded wheels so BL might not be for me.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I have a strong dislike for the patterned leather and a real disdain for those upgraded wheels so BL might not be for me.
In that case, you might also want to check out the non-BL OG I just added to the initial post...:thumb:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks LincolnFanFl. It still hasn't appeared on the Fleet website and I've been checking every day.
You're welcome!

It really bothered me that I forgot the more important OG so I took care of that as well..

BTW, Thanks to the Mod for adjusting the thread-title.:smile:

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ YOU're Wonderful, LFFL :thumb:s & :joyous:s & :clap:s

...I wish Lincoln would offer a nice 5 spoke design like I had on my LS. Clean look and easy to clean!
click for big
the wheel selection is (still) confusing me - the OG has some differences from pix we've seen so far (LINK) >> attachment...
...whacha think of the OG's base-trim (split)5-spoke?

Call ahead? I mean if they are going to promote this service I would hope some system would be implemented to make it convenient. Doesn't driving the car away act as a natural blower 😄
I wonder how it will work if a [BL] owner takes their Lincoln to a non-[BL] dealer??
will the regular Lincoln dealer be ready/expected to provide [BL]-level services?

...Reviewing the OG myself, there's nothing that really about BL that screams out to me - except for the alcantara headliner. I have a strong dislike for the patterned leather and a real disdain for those upgraded wheels so BL might not be for me.
tho *I* am Not a Lux buyer (so far), I have similar reactions, Adam

prolley the 2^^ reasons I'm hoping for a [BL]² program down the line
(( + The Return
))

note/edit
the old title carries-over if quoting a post with it
unless you change it manually like I just did on this post

isN'T technology ... ...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

In my case, it will all come down to pricing (or in other words, monthly lease-cost). I won't go over the top for BL, either. All tech-features are also available on the Reserve-Line and the choice of interior-colors looks promising as well. So a Reserve MKX will be my back-up plan for BL.

Now, talking about the wheels...I guess they dropped these:

View attachment 12593

Attachments

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Black Label leather and interior color schemes are remarkable, that's really the main reason to purchase the upgrade IMO. I think this is something that has to be experienced to be fully appreciated which I think is going to be hard to do. It's a pretty pricey upgrade option for Lincoln and its typical customer, and it's a custom order so you have to be really invested in the decision making process and waiting around for the order. I'm willing to spring for Black Label on MKX (probably not MKC), but I will probably pass this time since I lease and I'd rather let them work out the bugs in the new MKX before spending big bucks on such an upgrade. Ultimately I'm not sure there is enough value for me as somebody who leases cars, I can understand if it was a car I'm keeping for 4+ years. Black Label might be a little too much lipstick for Lincoln, not enough substance on cars not known for exceptional quality and precision engineering. I expect the take rate in the US to be pretty low for Black Label...but China is another story...and that's the important part. Americans have different attitudes about luxury, Black Label seems out of step even if the idea is enchanting.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ for me (if I win a lottery)
it could come down to the PAINT, ie CrystalSilver :angel

tho just the cachet/DEALER-attitude of/to [BL] could sway me....

edit
from my limited experience with Lincoln dealers
I wouldn't be too surprised (tho still delighted) if they were willing'n'able to accomodate my desire for a wheel style outside my trim-preference...
...these 18"ers so far:

re-edit
UNLESS those^ are the 20" Reserve-FWD wheels
&
LFFL, aren't the wheels you thumbnailed^above the Reserve-AWD wheels??

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I expect the take rate in the US to be pretty low for Black Label...
According to the OG, they are expecting somewhere around 6% of MKXs to be BL. I don't know if that's realistic or not.

Having owned a BMW individual in the past, I truly appreciate super soft leather and an Alcantara headliner - and I'm willing to pay for it. Just not an additional $150/month. At $75/month, I'll go for it!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
LFFL, aren't the wheels you thumbnailed^above the Reserve-AWD wheels??
You could be right - it's very hard to tell based on the pictures but since there are no other wheels left, I guess those are it.

BTW, those you just posted should indeed be the 20" Reserve FWD-wheels.

20" on this MKX do really appear tiny...:tongue:

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
I found this: Adaptive cruise control and pre-collision assist with pedestrian detection....sound good....it is the same one that the Mondeo has?

·
Registered
39 Posts
^ YOU're Wonderful, LFFL :thumb:s & :joyous:s & :clap:s

the wheel selection is (still) confusing me - the OG has some differences from pix we've seen so far (LINK) >> attachment...
...whacha think of the OG's base-trim (split)5-spoke?

I wonder how it will work if a [BL] owner takes their Lincoln to a non-[BL] dealer??
will the regular Lincoln dealer be ready/expected to provide [BL]-level services?

tho *I* am Not a Lux buyer (so far), I have similar reactions, Adam

prolley the 2^^ reasons I'm hoping for a [BL]² program down the line
(( + The Return
))

note/edit
the old title carries-over if quoting a post with it
unless you change it manually like I just did on this post

isN'T technology ... ...
I think Lincoln already requires a car wash with any service and loaner with any warranty service. If a dealer is not black label ready, then I guess either don't go there or just accept the lesser service.

I don't think it will ever become a nationwide program, anyway, to be honest. My Lincoln dealer thinks they are doing me a favor by providing a shuttle to and from work. They've never offered a loaner, but did give me one the one time I asked. It was a rental Maxima from Hertz. I just can't see my little dealer being able to offer Black Label service but I hope I'm wrong.

21 - 40 of 322 Posts