Ford Inside News banner

41 - 60 of 322 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ agree, Adam & I can even see a "bright side" ... in encouraging [BL]owners to be extremely loyal to the dealer they bought their vehicles from
but I was thinking more about roadtrip servicing/incidents
OR for a die-hard fan who drove many miles (100+?) just to buy a [BL]

You could be right - it's very hard to tell based on the pictures but since there are no other wheels left, I guess those are it.

BTW, those you just posted should indeed be the 20" Reserve FWD-wheels...
Yup
made aNother wheel graphic >> attached :facepalm:/:angel
included some foto-snippets ... imho the only question is if there's really going to be 2 versions of the Reserve-AWD wheel like I thought = "plain painted" VS (dark-pockets-)painted/polished
&
Does it strike anyone else as kinda wierd having diff wheels for the same trim depending on if the vehicle is Awd or not?
I'd really REALLY just have them offer a WHEEL BOUTIQUE which imho would not-nec. require 7 styles per model
...edit...
esp when {RedPortfolio} comes out

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
The problem is Lincoln is alienating a huge part of the country who might want black label but can't get it for lack of convenience.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
imho the only question is if there's really going to be 2 versions of the Reserve-AWD wheel like I thought = "plain painted" VS (dark-pockets-)painted/polished
Ha, so that's why I initially thought those were different wheels. The ones in the OG don't show any dark pockets. I can't imagine there will be two different versions of the same wheel (painted/unpainted pockets) since the OG is only offering one option to select those wheels - so unless they would be selecting them randomly, I don't know how that's supposed to work. Now, which of the two we will be seeing after all, however, remains the question. Personally, I prefer the ones with the dark pockets as shown on Lincoln's website.

EDIT: After looking again, I'm not even sure any more that the two are different and we're not looking at an optical illusion - AGAIN...:facepalm:

Does it strike anyone else as kinda wierd having diff wheels for the same trim depending on if the vehicle is Awd or not?
It is a bit strange. What I experienced with BMW in the past is that they sometimes use wider wheels on the rear on their RWD-models with premium wheels and tires but use four identical wheels on their AWD-versions. The design of the wheel, however, was identical.

I can't imagine that Lincoln is going to offer a different width on their wheels but we should keep a close eye on the detailed info once it pops up.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The problem is Lincoln is alienating a huge part of the country who might want black label but can't get it for lack of convenience.
This could very well be an issue. As of today, I would need to drive to Orlando to visit the next BL-dealer. Fortunately, my local one in Tampa will be BL by the end of the year as well.

I can understand Lincoln's approach as well. Becoming a BL-dealer is everything but an easy decision for the dealerships and comes with huge investments - causing them some headache. A small dealership not connected to a major market will have a hard time recouping their investments.

So I think that by starting slow and not enrolling each and every dealership in BL (at least not at once), they are doing a good job.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
re: the [BL] availability ^ & ^^
• "right sizing" is a *beach*
• NO doubt they need more dealers
• imho they're still figuring things out (treating BL that way!!) & expansion will wait for [BL]²... ...or like/maybe until THIS kind of [BL] basically becomes STD and something more amenable to what [WhiteLabel} ie fully-Bespoke will be
( hopefully advancing and keeping the [BL] brand alive while they reach-higher )+( assuming BL works! )

...EDIT: After looking again, I'm not even sure any more that the two are different and we're not looking at an optical illusion - AGAIN...:facepalm:
I know

the only thing is the polished/machined ribs DO look diff to me
but
-- OGs do get changes sometimes in later versions
-- they could have originally planned 2 versions and cut/delayed one

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can't imagine there will be two different versions of the same wheel (painted/unpainted pockets) since the OG is only offering one option to select those wheels - so unless they would be selecting them randomly, I don't know how that's supposed to work.

The original MKS offered 2 different versions of the same wheel (painted/unpainted pockets.)
[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I can't imagine there will be two different versions of the same wheel (painted/unpainted pockets) since the OG is only offering one option to select those wheels - so unless they would be selecting them randomly, I don't know how that's supposed to work.

The original MKS offered 2 different versions of the same wheel (painted/unpainted pockets.)
[URL="[/URL]
That's true..:thumb:

BUT...I assume at that point, they were also listed as two different wheels in the OG, right?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
the only thing is the polished/machined ribs DO look diff to me
That's the problem - to me as well...:tongue:

But as you said - they might still be tweaking a bit at the final thing...

·
Registered
193 Posts
In that case, you might also want to check out the non-BL OG I just added to the initial post...:thumb:
Thank you - yes, I did.

Looks like I will have to do a lot of box-checking next year when I order the replacement to my current MKX! Glad to see lots of interior colour/wood choices in the non-BL as well. Too bad they didn't offer the alcantara headliner a-la-carte though. If I don't go for the 2016 MKX I think I will get a Grand Cherokee Summit and I believe that trim level gets the nice headliner.

I note the OG specifies that the new black will in fact be a metallic paint.

Does anyone know if the front turn signals are LED? They specify that the reverse lamps are, but not the fronts. I dislike how 'slow' incandescent turn signals are relative to the side marker LED signals in the current MKX. Yeah, I'm weird like that.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
If I don't go for the 2016 MKX I think I will get a Grand Cherokee Summit and I believe that trim level gets the nice headliner.
Funny you mentioned the Summit...

I have that particular headliner on my 2015 Summit and the interior as a whole is just awesome. Oh, BTW, should you opt for the Summit next year (which will be MY16), you would get a slightly refreshed model. Rumors are that there will be a more powerful V6 coming with a performance close to that of the 2.7 EB on the Lincoln.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Does anyone know if the front turn signals are LED? They specify that the reverse lamps are, but not the fronts. I dislike how 'slow' incandescent turn signals are relative to the side marker LED signals in the current MKX. Yeah, I'm weird like that.
I could imagine that the standard lamps might feature incandescent turn lamps and the LED lights LED turn lamps. At least on the vehicles with the LED headlights, I don't see any incandescent bulbs...

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I'm also very interested in the Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, definitely the best looking SUV from Detroit. I extended my MKX lease but will head to the Jeep dealerships to price them up next month. People who own them, absolutely love them.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I extended my MKX lease but will head to the Jeep dealerships to price them up next month.
Definitively check out jeepgarage.org before making any decision. Over there, you can obtain any info about the Grand Cherokee you can think of (i.e. how to obtain Affiliate Pricing etc.). Helped me a lot with my deal.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This could very well be an issue. As of today, I would need to drive to Orlando to visit the next BL-dealer. Fortunately, my local one in Tampa will be BL by the end of the year as well.

I can understand Lincoln's approach as well. Becoming a BL-dealer is everything but an easy decision for the dealerships and comes with huge investments - causing them some headache. A small dealership not connected to a major market will have a hard time recouping their investments.

So I think that by starting slow and not enrolling each and every dealership in BL (at least not at once), they are doing a good job.
Original Black Label dealers are in New York, New Jersey, California, Florida, Texas and Michigan. Middle America is left waiting. I realize this is strategic to their highest sales volume. I'm still betting not all dealers sign up and Lincoln does not force them to. My local dealer has 9 new Lincolns on the entire lot, one being a leftover 2013 MKZ 2.0.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Definitively check out jeepgarage.org before making any decision. Over there, you can obtain any info about the Grand Cherokee you can think of (i.e. how to obtain Affiliate Pricing etc.). Helped me a lot with my deal.
Thanks for the tip! I get Ford Z-Plan pricing so any incentives will help get me into the Jeep GC.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
LFFL, this is really awesome, thanks for posting!!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Original Black Label dealers are in New York, New Jersey, California, Florida, Texas and Michigan. Middle America is left waiting. I realize this is strategic to their highest sales volume. I'm still betting not all dealers sign up and Lincoln does not force them to. My local dealer has 9 new Lincolns on the entire lot, one being a leftover 2013 MKZ 2.0.
google link
Area of circle with 50 mile radius
≈ 7,853.98 mi²

times 6 = 47,123.88 mi²

contiguous-48-states = 3,119,884.69 square miles (Wiki)

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
...BUT...I assume at that point, they were also listed as two different wheels in the OG, right?
iirc Yes - lost my copy of the OG with death-of-hard-disk

...I note the OG specifies that the new black will in fact be a metallic paint...
Adam, if you're referring to a footnote
"All Paints are Metallic"
I'd frankly ignore that (( tho check out the AstonMartin DBX Concept with black-CHROME paint ))

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm also very interested in the Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, definitely the best looking SUV from Detroit. I extended my MKX lease but will head to the Jeep dealerships to price them up next month. People who own them, absolutely love them.
Just out of curiosity, how difficult was it to extend your lease? I'm in a position where I will likely have to extend my lease when it comes due and don't know how much of a hassle it will be if I'm not going into another Lincoln.

41 - 60 of 322 Posts