Ford Inside News banner

61 - 80 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Does anyone know if the front turn signals are LED? They specify that the reverse lamps are, but not the fronts. I dislike how 'slow' incandescent turn signals are relative to the side marker LED signals in the current MKX. Yeah, I'm weird like that.
You're not along Adam, I also dislike the slower incandescents. Lighting is a big deal for me too.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how difficult was it to extend your lease? I'm in a position where I will likely have to extend my lease when it comes due and don't know how much of a hassle it will be if I'm not going into another Lincoln.
It's no hassle at all, I just called Lincoln Automotive Financial and they can extend your lease up to 2-months no questions asked. They'll send you the lease extension agreement (They sent it through the account manager online, but you can have it mailed or e-mailed) and then you'll have to mail the signed copy back to them. After 2-months I believe you will need to place an order for a vehicle to continue the extension (unless you can come up with other reasons, I'm sure they'll accommodate you). I haven't placed an order for anything yet because the new MKX is in such a limbo with no final pricing. I don't really want to put a deposit on something without a price, and technically the order bank isn't open anyway, dealers are just filling out forms and storing them. I have until the end of this month to figure it out but the Edge was on my list as well, but I'm running into another unexpected complication which is the "Late Availability" of features on the Edge like Adaptive Cruise and 21" wheels. At this point I just want to get it over with so I don't have to deal with the uncertainty, Ford/Lincoln launches can be incredibly dysfunctional affairs.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
What's missing from this list, more than anything? Sync3. :facepalm:
Honestly, I don't have a problem with the current MyLincoln Touch system. Sure, Sync3 would be nice - but it's not something I desperately need - especially not right after its launch. Actually, it is very unlikely that Sync3 would launch without any issues/glitches and I'm not keen on being the one who has to deal with that. The current MyLincoln Touch may not be anything special or fancy - but so far, it has been rock solid on my MKZ.

Now, thinking back on how it launched....that was not so error-free and these problems pop up over and over again on each and every new system.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Honestly, I don't have a problem with the current MyLincoln Touch system. Sure, Sync3 would be nice - but it's not something I desperately need - especially not right after its launch. Actually, it is very unlikely that Sync3 would launch without any issues/glitches and I'm not keen on being the one who has to deal with that. The current MyLincoln Touch may not be anything special or fancy - but so far, it has been rock solid on my MKZ.

Now, thinking back on how it launched....that was not so error-free and these problems pop up over and over again on each and every new system.
You're probably right with the bugs that might pop up, but with all the hype for Sync3, I was hoping that the MKX would be the first to include the new version. But I guess the Edge still has My Ford Touch, so there ya go.

As for bugs, the only FoMoCo product I've ever had a reasonable amount of difficulty with, was one a 1989 Mercury Cougar built during the first month.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Honestly, I don't have a problem with the current MyLincoln Touch system. Sure, Sync3 would be nice - but it's not something I desperately need - especially not right after its launch. Actually, it is very unlikely that Sync3 would launch without any issues/glitches and I'm not keen on being the one who has to deal with that.
I've been thinking about this myself as well. I have had MFT in two separate vehicles since 2011 and have never had any issues with it. Plus, I'm not enamored with the new version... reminds me of the system in my sister's F150. I'm a little less happy about the same old six speed transmission.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Funny you mentioned the Summit...

I have that particular headliner on my 2015 Summit and the interior as a whole is just awesome. Oh, BTW, should you opt for the Summit next year (which will be MY16), you would get a slightly refreshed model. Rumors are that there will be a more powerful V6 coming with a performance close to that of the 2.7 EB on the Lincoln.
Personally the only thing that I'm not keen on with the GC is that the 3.6 is (IMHO) a little low on hp and torque. Of course there's the V8, but it strikes me as kind of an old-tech, heavy pushrod truck engine. And I don't drive enough to justify the cost of the diesel. Dollars to donuts I'd end up filling up with gasoline at least once!

If they would twin turbo and DI the 3.6 that would help influence my decision. Or maybe a smaller, smoother V8. I am slightly leery of buying a first year model ('16 MKX) as I have been burned in the past (2010 GMC Terrain). Plus, my first vehicle was an '89 Jeep Comanche and my next three were Cherokees (well, one was a Wagoneer). I even have a personalized license plate "ADMS GP" that would fit perfectly on a '16 JGC.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: 2016 Lincoln MKX Black Label Order Guide

...Sounds like there are 2 (TWO) different perforation patterms for the seats
-- "Linking L" and
-- "Diamond-L"...

not very different imho

also attached some Flex perforated leather for comparos

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Good find! These type of websites generally have access to official order guides with pricing, so I have confidence these are at least the current prices, subject to change before release. It wouldn't surprise me to see Build & Price appear on lincoln.com soon.

They are really reaching high with this. The regular models easily surpass $50k, and Black Label gets all the way up into the mid $60's by the time you check all the boxes.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Fully loaded BL 2.7 EB with AWD (without Chroma Paint): $67,200.

Now they have to come up with an attractive lease!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Fully loaded BL 2.7 EB with AWD (without Chroma Paint): $67,200.
Seems the equally equipped non-BL model (Reserve) is about $64K - so just 3K less. Considering that, the up-charge for BL is indeed reasonable.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^^^^^^^^^ Great stuff, guys :thumb:s
I can't keep up : bash-puter:
a bit weird: 23 and 29 speakers??? I think it is 10 non Revel, 13 and 19 Revel
http://www.cars.com/lincoln/mkx/2016/standard-equipment/
I looked at the OGs - seems some info is missing there too

would one of you fast guys check the Revel thread(s)?
(( or are your numbers from that, Jose? ))

and how much extra the ChromaFlare paints are for the Z or C?

61 - 80 of 322 Posts