Ford Inside News banner

81 - 100 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
As I said, forget about what cars.com has on their site. MSN has it right and it lists everything correctly - at least the obvious pricing-info.

The technical info and features have not yet been updated...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
would one of you fast guys check the Revel thread(s)?
(( or are your numbers from that, Jose? ))
There is no 29 speaker system for $4,400. That is the price of the luxury-package on the Reserve.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Interesting: Pricing on MSN shows the availability of a 'wood package - order code 76W'. Haven't seen that before...

Edit: Wood package is even listed as option on the BL?!

Also: 'Cappuccino/Espresso Ash Swirl Wood Trim - Open Pore (Mfr Code @55W/89C)': OG lists it as standard, price-list shows extra-charge of $375. According to price-list, Aluminium is no cost.

I don't know exactly what this $375 option is: 'Hazelnut Interior Trim (Mfr Code @89H)'. It's obvious not the leather and I can't see any Hazelnut Appliques on the OG?!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Oh, BTW, folks - I just stumbled over this (standard) feature on the BL OG (seems to be BL exclusive):

60/40 split-bench - POWER up and manual recline

Niiice...:thumb:

In General, the OGs aren't error-free. It mentions power-folding mirrors as standard on select but doesn't list them anywhere on the BL-guide. On the other hand, it lists on BL 'Integrated Spotter Mirrors' and 'Blind Spot Monitoring' - both as standard features.

·
Registered
175 Posts
This vehicle will be going for mid $60,000, and still running the same six speed transmission from the 2006 Ford Edge. I wonder what the lease pricing is going to look like.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
LincolnFanFl said:
Interesting: Pricing on MSN shows the availability of a 'wood package - order code 76W'. Haven't seen that before...

Also: 'Cappuccino/Espresso Ash Swirl Wood Trim - Open Pore (Mfr Code @55W/89C)': OG lists it as standard, price-list shows extra-charge of $375. According to price-list, Aluminium is no cost.

I don't know exactly what this $375 option is: 'Hazelnut Interior Trim (Mfr Code @89H)'. It's obvious not the leather and I can't see any Hazelnut Appliques on the OG?!

I fairly certain the upcharge for wood is ONLY on Premiere
also
forgot to say before
one of those pages (MSN?)
said all trims had Leather

but per the OG, Premiere has "Luxury Soft Touch" ie Pleather

& edit-for your-edit, LFFL

wonder if the New-Hazelnut leather include leather on the dashtop &or door-cards?
re-edit/quote/&cuz
""Cabin Environment consists of upper and lower instrument panel and door trim""
&
the new version of Hazelnut on the X has less-fewer/no(?) black interior panels

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I wonder what the lease pricing is going to look like.
That will be the $100K question. Right now, I'm paying about $600/month on my MKZ at an MSRP of $48K. If they go crazy and ask for $900/month for a fully loaded BL, I wish them good luck - they'll need it.

I think <$800 will be the magic border. Lincoln is not (yet) in the position to ask for more. Well, they can ask but I doubt they'll get it.:tongue:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I fairly certain the upcharge for wood is ONLY on Premiere
also
forgot to say before
one of those pages (MSN?)
said all trims had Leather

but per the OG, Premiere has "Luxury Soft Touch" ie Pleather
Yeah, I'm sure there are errors on both sources. A 'wood package' on the BL sounds fishy to me as well...

Now, what do you think of the power split bench on the BL?

·
Registered
175 Posts
That will be the $100K question. Right now, I'm paying about $600/month on my MKZ at an MSRP of $48K. If they go crazy and ask for $900/month for a fully loaded BL, I wish them good luck - they'll need it.

I think <$800 will be the magic border. Lincoln is not (yet) in the position to ask for more. Well, they can ask but I doubt they'll get it.:tongue:
If you're paying $600 a month now on at $48K vehicle, then you know you will be paying more on $65K MKX. How much are you willing to pay for a fully loaded MKX? What is the competition in that price range? I like the 2016 Lincoln MKX and has some features over the Ford Edge Sport, but it is not worth $400-$500 more a month to me. I wish the Ford Edge Sport had the power folding mirrors and an upgraded stereo similar to the Revel, but it does not and I can live without those features. My lease is up in October, and I hope the SYNC 3 will be available by then.

·
Registered
358 Posts
wonder if the New-Hazelnut leather include leather on the dashtop &or door-cards?
re-edit/quote/&cuz
""Cabin Environment consists of upper and lower instrument panel and door trim""
&
the new version of Hazelnut on the X has less-fewer/no(?) black interior panels
It sounds as though it will be like the MKC, where all the leather/soft touch surfaces are Hazelnut rather than just the seats, armrests and glove box. The MKZ is supposed to be getting this change for 2016 as well. Even though I love the current two-tone implementation of Hazelnut on the MKZ, I'm not a fan of having the dash and steering wheel in it as well. It's just too much brown.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I might agree, Tim - would really HAVE to see it in person...

I remember there were dash-trim packages available on the MKS when it came out
& wonder if $375 is just the charge for ordering other than the standard trim (see attachment)

dunno what the limits will be = can you order aluminum if wood is std? vice-versa?...
...Cannot wait for the official Build-Your-Own :toetap:

edit:
just tried playing with the dash trim on the MKC
only an aluminum option on upper trims where wood is std IF you go with black leather

Yeah, I'm sure there are errors on both sources. A 'wood package' on the BL sounds fishy to me as well...
somewhere down the line, imho a more '''individual''' design-program ought to happen
THO I can certainly understand going for maximum impact by having 4 '''set Looks''' per vehicle for [BL] at the start/now

Wonder when-&-how Lincoln will transition from [BL]¹?
how much MORE will come out with this original program yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
If you're paying $600 a month now on at $48K vehicle, then you know you will be paying more on $65K MKX. How much are you willing to pay for a fully loaded MKX? What is the competition in that price range?
No doubt a $65K will be more - the question is: How much more? If they follow rule of thumb and make a vehicle with a 50% higher MSRP also 50% more on the lease, they will have a problem. I can't see too many customers willing to pay $900/month on this vehicle. At that price-range, you can probably lease a fully loaded BMW X5 or Mercedes ML (which would be the competition) with an MSRP close to $80K.

I'd be willing to pay anything below $800.

·
Registered
175 Posts
No doubt a $65K will be more - the question is: How much more? If they follow rule of thumb and make a vehicle with a 50% higher MSRP also 50% more on the lease, they will have a problem. I can't see too many customers willing to pay $900/month on this vehicle. At that price-range, you can probably lease a fully loaded BMW X5 or Mercedes ML (which would be the competition) with an MSRP close to $80K.

I'd be willing to pay anything below $800.
The MKX is too rich for my blood, and I won't waste my time or the salesmen time kicking the tires. I will be getting the 2016 Ford Edge Sport their lease rates are reasonable.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
it's my understanding that Mfgs can apply a lot machinations, even tricks, to inflate residual values...
Oh, absolutely! BMW is a master in doing so.:thumb:

I actually leased my MKZ for 24 months @ 13.5K miles/year. As of today, I can already tell that the car won't have such a high mileage on trade-in - I'll be at about 20K - so 7K miles less. Maybe I'll have some equity in the MKZ a month before the lease expires which could help set off the high cost of the MKX a bit...:thumb:

...to the extent that an exclusive [BL] could LEASE for not much more than an 'ordinary' Lincoln
I think they will be pretty close - probably within $50 when equally equipped. Difference in price is less than $4K and considering the higher residual, actual cost is probably half. Divide that by 36 months and you're quite close to that amount.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
The MKX is too rich for my blood, and I won't waste my time or the salesmen time kicking the tires. I will be getting the 2016 Ford Edge Sport their lease rates are reasonable.
I hope that in some time Lincoln can break that thoughts.....I am sure a lot of buyers think like that

·
Registered
436 Posts
I actually leased my MKZ for 24 months @ 13.5K miles/year. As of today, I can already tell that the car won't have such a high mileage on trade-in - I'll be at about 20K - so 7K miles less. Maybe I'll have some equity in the MKZ a month before the lease expires which could help set off the high cost of the MKX a bit...:thumb:
I'm leasing my Buick Lacrosse for 36 months at 10K a year and I've had the car a little over a year now and it just as a tad over 5K on it.

I'm hoping by the time my lease is up Lincoln will have an all new MKS/Continental out. If not I'll just turn it in on another Buick.

81 - 100 of 322 Posts