Ford Inside News banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I Want For Christmas Is My Xlt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All I Want For Christmas Is My Xlt
I Am Posting This Hoping That Santa Will See
What He Can Do To Make Me Happy As Can Be

I Have Called The Dealership
They Called The Rep They Called Ford There Must be a Blip
They Have Just Given Them A Bunch Of Lip

Santa If You Can Have The Elves See What They Can Do
It Is White Even Though I Thought About The Blue
4x4 As I Would Never Have A 4x2
5.4 Motor And It Is A Supercrew

Ordered June 3 Built October 16 Eta October 27 A Monday
I Guess It Will Get Here Someway
Sitting On A Ramp Waiting For A Ride Maybe Today

I Am Trying To Be Patient Not Easy For Me
I Have Been Nice Most Of The Year As You Can See
Cause Being Nice Is Not Easy For Me To Be

If Only You Can Find A Place On Your Sleigh
Too Big For The Chimney It Will Fit In The Driveway
Drive It In The Garage I Will Be Looking For It Everyday

It Does Not Need To Be Wrapped Does Not Need A Bow
As Soon As It Gets Here I Will Be Driving It Around To Show
Can Not Wait To Hear Everyone Say Whoa
New Toys Are Nice To Have You Know

Dear Santa Please I Will Leave Cookies Cake And Pie
I Will Be Hoping To See You Travel Thru The Sky
In My Brand New 4-wheel Drive

·
Content Admin
950 Posts
Debralj,

Can you tell me what your zip code is and what the specs were on your truck? I will run a locate to see if there are any similar units in your area if you like.
Are able to obtain one for him directly from ford, via your dealership?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are able to obtain one for him directly from ford, via your dealership?
Sorry to say that 'him' is a 'her'. (debralj)

The only thing I need is for my truck to be delivered. It is built, but waiting for a load to come to Ky. I do not intend to go behind my dealership's back for someone else to get my truck from. I have dealt with them for 14-15 years and am very pleased with them. I do not believe it is their fault that my truck has not been delivered, as it does not appear to be any XLT's in the surrounding area, yet.

I just can not understand what is taking so long. I have been a loyal Ford customer for years and feel like someone needs to find out why my truck is taking so long. My dealer is not able to get any answers other then, when there are enough trucks for a load to Ky, mine will be on it. Well as many dealerships that are in this area, I can not believe that there are not enough for a load. :mad:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been contacted by someone with a crystal ball that for some reason my truck was sent back to the factory ? It is now back in line for delivery. Also someone else has told me that one of the dealerships in the area shows having an XLT on the lot, but it is on order, not delivered yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I picked up my truck this afternoon. I really love it, drives and rides great, the back up camera is great, love the front grill and really like the redesign on the tailgate, really had a lot of people slowing down on the interstate looking at it.

My only problem is that I ordered it with the Flint Interior that is what is stated on my Invoice and also the Window Sticker and it appears to have the Camel Tan which is a really light color. I could probably live with that, but the dash is real dark and the glove box is the light tan, which almost looks like someone had it replaced with whatever they could find. The reason I ordered the truck was to be sure I got exactly what I wanted.

After waiting over 6 months for this truck I would think it would come with what I ordered. I am not going to wait for another truck, but I believe Ford needs to explain to me what happened to my grey interior.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The flint and stone colors in FLM vehicles currently are somewhere between a tan and a light grey. If you take a look at another truck with camel you will see that camel has a more yellow/orange tint to it.
OHH - when I ordered it I assumed it would be the same Flint I have in my 06 and the Ford Build a Truck site shows it being the darker grey ??

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I looked at the FordVehicles site, trying to find a good picture (didn't)
but
the interior color for the XLT is listed as "Medium-Stone" not "Flint"

I'm a lot more familiar twith the Milan/Fusion's MediumLIGHT-Stone
but
that's a VERY light color, a kinda warmish 'buff' not that far from an 'off-white', not what I'd call 'gray'
here's the 2-tone leather from the Milan > THAT's 'Med.LT.Stone' for the inserts

Did you check what color your window sticker says?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Window sticker and the Invoice both state the color as Flint. I went to the Ford Build site and started building the truck to get to the interior colors. The choices are 'Camel Tan' (which looks like what I got) or 'Stone Grey' (which in the picture on the site looks close to what I had in the 06 (Flint)maybe alittle darker - but still grey). If this is the grey in this 09 then why is the dash and carpet real DARK brown and the trim (glove box, etc) is a light tan ? If they think this color has any grey in it, I sure do not see any.

I have pics but have not figured out how to put them on this site.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh I found out where to load the pics......:)

The colors are not real good in pics, but the dark color is real dark brown and the seats are a light tan.

Attachments

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
strange that the sticker says "Flint", Debralj
(but think your pix Look GOOD!)

I've learned not to trust (some/most of) the interior pix on the BuildYourOwn section
the Milan's Stone looked a lot darker on the swatch pix than in real life

...when they (FMZ) were first coming our, I swore the Stone was Camel... until I double checked the OrderGuide and found out the exterior color in the pic I was looking at was Not available with Camel & therefore it had to be Stone

kinda hope the mfgs find a nice Neutral gray that doesn't look cheap or cold...
I'll have to check out the 2-tone black/gray interior in the latest Fusions

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Believe me the color on the site for the 'Stone Grey' is really dark, almost black in the pic,there is no way to confuse the two colors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know, I looked... ...I just don't trust those pix
there was a Stone Milan 'photo' that looked chestnut brown :confused:
(they DID correct that one eventually)

really just meant to express sympathy :eek:
I know and I appreciate the sympathy. It is just so discouraging having waited so long to get the truck, not being able to find out why it was not being delivered, etc. This whole thing has really been disappointing to a loyal Ford customer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts