Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALL-NEW 2015 LINCOLN MKC BLENDS PERFORMANCE, QUALITY AND TECHNOLOGY

All-new 2015 Lincoln MKC small premium utility vehicle delivers spirited performance, elegant design, impeccable craftsmanship and customer-focused technologies for an engaging driving experience
All-EcoBoost® engine lineup, including an available all-new 2.3-liter achieving 285 horsepower and 305 lb.-ft. of torque, delivers performance and refinement to rival larger-capacity engines while offering competitive fuel economy
Available Lincoln Drive Control orchestrates continuously controlled damping, electric power-assisted steering and active noise control to achieve a smooth, precise and quiet ride
The all-new 2015 Lincoln MKC, due in showrooms this month, is performance-minded, luxuriously crafted and technologically savvy to meet the needs of luxury buyers who want a more personal car-owning experience.

New photos of the MKC at: https://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/news/2014/06/02/all-new-2015-lincoln-mkc-blends-performance--quality-and-technol.html

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Parallel parking is one of those things that if you don't use it, ya lose it.
I am a suburbanite. There is no place to parallel park anywhere near me. Thus, when I have to on occasion, which is rare, I find myself re-correcting several times.

Kind of embarrassing.:facepalm:

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I would rather see the first new owners get the MKC in their hands, and they provide the reviews. Instead of 'critics' who don't want or own the vehicle offering their 'critique'.
Dear media-critters

Our customers come first.

So if you plan on wiriting a "review" AND actually DRIVING the MKC first,
(we figure that's 10% of you at best)
you can: Buy one, steal one, or rent one...

...oh wait
we ain't letting rental-critters
have any just yet.

Our customers come first.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The way I understand is that Ford and Lincoln's press fleet is virtually non-existent. Which is probably a good idea considering the toxic nature of the car rag business around Lincoln.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Waiting for real driving impressions (beyond the silly video of the MKC vs. the Audi) is getting to be as bad as waiting for football season. MKC, Mustang, F-150, Transit...plus, whatever evolutionary changes the Focus is getting...

...it kinda sucks to know, but not know...y'know?

·
Registered
47 Posts
The way I understand is that Ford and Lincoln's press fleet is virtually non-existent. Which is probably a good idea considering the toxic nature of the car rag business around Lincoln.
No doubt, most car mags have little time for Lincoln. That said, they didn't for Toyota or Hyundai at first, but other than ripping their handling, are often now giving them some praise. Build it and the will come, said one old sage. If the MKC performs and feels better than the competition it will start to get some nods, but if Lincoln screws this up with some half-assed advertising roll out and no one notices, then expect the car mags to pick up on that. Look at all the unwarranted crap that Audi has come though in the last 25 years but because they build good cars and people like them, get top marks in the auto press. Lincoln controls a lot of what will get written whether they want to believe it or not.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
No doubt, most car mags have little time for Lincoln. That said, they didn't for Toyota or Hyundai at first, but other than ripping their handling, are often now giving them some praise. Build it and the will come, said one old sage. If the MKC performs and feels better than the competition it will start to get some nods, but if Lincoln screws this up with some half-assed advertising roll out and no one notices, then expect the car mags to pick up on that. Look at all the unwarranted crap that Audi has come though in the last 25 years but because they build good cars and people like them, get top marks in the auto press. Lincoln controls a lot of what will get written whether they want to believe it or not.
They earned their praise through the customer, never through the unified media chorus that basically carries the same passed-down message about every car.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The 2015 MKC, Lincoln’s entry in the fast-growing compact luxury crossover segment, appeared on the sales charts for the first time in May with 677 units sold.

Many of the units are dealer demonstrators and test models.
Though Lincoln is running a social media campaign to promote its newest vehicle, the big advertising push will come in September, according to Andrew Frick, Lincoln group marketing manager.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140603/RETAIL01/140609946

1 - 20 of 21 Posts