341 - 360 of 441 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #342

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Maybe the plan for N.A. Fiesta is what Ford Brazil is doing, and just facelifting the current Fiesta.
https://br.motor1.com/news/149749/flagra-ford-fiesta-e-pego-com-facelift-para-o-brasil/
I hope not.

It's funny Ford has the Ka in Brazil to do the low-cost car stuff, yet they still plan to do this with its Brazilian Fiesta?
The refreshed Brazilian Fiesta is going to look old next to the 2019 Focus, and another thing, VW will launch the all-new Polo in Brazil.

--------------------------------------

Carwow (Mat Watson) review of the 2018 Ford Fiesta:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Just a hunch but I wonder if the old Fiesta will get another update to carry it over until a next-generation product specific to this region fills the factory, like a 3rd gen EcoSport or another product. But it seems like we probably won't get the new Fiesta unless they really want to adhere to the 2-year launch gap from the previous Fiesta...which doesn't make much sense since the last MCE re-aligned the timing.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Carwow (Mat Watson) review of the 2018 Ford Fiesta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIIWea4beTk
video-guy: "all models with over a hundred hp get rear disc brakes"
:thumb:**
now,
(wrong thread, sue me)
WHAT IF
the U.S/non-Yurpland Focus does something like with IRS? ...like any over 160-175hp?

** tho
video-guy: 'Sync...sorta alright...not the best in the business"
HEY^dude, name Names or lay-off the generalities!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Motor Trend said:
We asked the question and got an answer to a different question. “We are introducing the new Fiesta in Europe and Middle East and Africa at this time and will have more to say about other markets at a later date. Fiesta remains an important part of our lineup.”
Let's hope they let us know as soon as possible if it's good news or bad news for the Fiesta in other markets.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
** tho
video-guy: 'Sync...sorta alright...not the best in the business"
HEY^dude, name Names or lay-off the generalities!
The guy in the video is a total asshat.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I don't mind it, he said "the Fiesta is without doubt one of the very best small cars you can buy"

I do agree that better plastics should be put on things people make contact with more often inside like the inside door handles, though it probably wouldn't bother me (as long as there are no sharp edges/seams).
Anyway, this can easily be fixed/upgraded during the mid-cycle refresh.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Motor Trend said:
We asked the question and got an answer to a different question. “We are introducing the new Fiesta in Europe and Middle East and Africa at this time and will have more to say about other markets at a later date. Fiesta remains an important part of our lineup.
Let's hope they let us know as soon as possible if it's good news or bad news for the Fiesta in other markets.
Oh Dieu, I didn't notice the traditional Judas-Kiss-of-DEATH/HaitusHood before
:facepalm:
it's 'officious' =
bye-bye Fiesta
UPdate/after: ice-capades @ BON :thumb:
• 09/01/2017 - 2017MY Fleet Final Order Date
• 09/11/2017 - 2018MY Order Bank Open Date
• 10/12/2017 - 2018MY Scheduling Begins
• 12/11/2017 - 2018MY Job #1 Date

I don't mind it...
I didn't mind the guy either...
me neither
at worst I'd rate him a semi-demi-HEMI-douche
@MKII , think you've been spending your time in uncommonly pleasant locales...
...but what about the airport/airplanes?
Even without getting subjected to TSA, there musta been plenty of ugly-touristas
:angel

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Oh Dieu, I didn't notice the traditional Judas-Kiss-of-DEATH/HaitusHood before
:facepalm:
it's 'officious' =
bye-bye Fiesta
UPdate/after: ice-capades @ BON :thumb:
• 09/01/2017 - 2017MY Fleet Final Order Date
• 09/11/2017 - 2018MY Order Bank Open Date
• 10/12/2017 - 2018MY Scheduling Begins
• 12/11/2017 - 2018MY Job #1 Date
Is this just a change of model year designation? Basically a carryover with maybe new colors/options?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
I'd say it's pretty safe to say the US isnt getting the new updated Fiesta, at least not for the moment. Only hope is that maybe they are going to push the new model out later like they are with the Focus. Guess with subcompact sales not doing great they will focus on the more profitable segments first. Besides even before announcing the were pushing the Focus out I was having my doubts about a new Fiesta a Focus around 2018 since they already have so much new stuff for 2018MY

2018 F150
2018 Expedition
2018 Ecosport
2018 Mustang
2018 Navigator

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I'd say it's pretty safe to say the US isnt getting the new updated Fiesta, at least not for the moment. Only hope is that maybe they are going to push the new model out later like they are with the Focus. Guess with subcompact sales not doing great they will focus on the more profitable segments first. Besides even before announcing the were pushing the Focus out I was having my doubts about a new Fiesta a Focus around 2018 since they already have so much new stuff for 2018MY

2018 F150
2018 Expedition
2018 Ecosport
2018 Mustang
2018 Navigator
Maybe it's just pushed back for 2019 for that reason, so they can focus on those models you listed right now?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
At this stage I would not be surprised if Ford doesn't actually know what it's doing with Fiesta, they barely know what's happening with Focus in North America.

341 - 360 of 441 Posts