Ford Inside News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All-New Ford F-650/F-750 Diesel Will Provide Best-in-Class Standard Horsepower and Torque

Ford, America’s truck leader, announces the all-new F-650/F-750 medium-duty truck lineup with 6.7-liter Power Stroke® V8 turbo diesel will feature three engine power ratings, including best-in-class standard diesel horsepower and torque, and no vocational limits on top ratings.

The three diesel power levels available for the 2016 Ford F-650/F-750 are:

270 horsepower/675 lb.-ft. torque (best-in-class standard)
300 horsepower /700 lb.-ft. torque
330 horsepower/725 lb.-ft. torque

Multiple ratings provide customers with the flexibility to scale engine power to work applications and operations.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-diesel-will-provide-best-in-class-stand.html

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Somebody want to explain why the F-250/350 gets 400/800 while honest to God work trucks don't?
That's a good question. I see a lot of 650/750 snow plows, so I would think they need quite a bit of horsepower.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
That's a good question. I see a lot of 650/750 snow plows, so I would think they need quite a bit of horsepower.
Torque is king in work trucks. I'm just baffled that a relatively small F-350 needs more power than full sized work trucks like the F-650/750. Have to figure a large part is marketing I guess.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Torque is king in work trucks. I'm just baffled that a relatively small F-350 needs more power than full sized work trucks like the F-650/750. Have to figure a large part is marketing I guess.
Probably, the "one upsmanship" in the truck arena is ridiculous. I'm sure some 350 owners appreciate it when they're hauling horse trailers and other really heavy things, but in places like Texas, people have them as daily drivers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts