Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FORD REDEFINES INNOVATION IN AERODYNAMICS, ECOBOOST AND LIGHT-WEIGHTING WITH ALL-NEW FORD GT CARBON FIBER SUPERCAR

- All-new Ford GT supercar sets new standards for Ford innovation through performance with advances in light-weighting, aerodynamics and ultra-efficient EcoBoost® engine

- Ford GT features the most powerful EcoBoost production engine ever – a new twin-turbocharged Ford EcoBoost V6 producing more than 600 horsepower

- Ultra-high-performance supercar is Ford’s most extreme offering, infused with race-proven technology engineered to keep company with exotics when it goes into production in 2016

- Ford today unveiled the all-new GT, an ultra-high-performance supercar that serves as a technology showcase for top EcoBoost® performance, aerodynamics and lightweight carbon fiber construction.

- The GT is one of more than 12 new Ford Performance vehicles coming by 2020. It joins Focus RS, F-150 Raptor, Shelby GT350 and Shelby GT350R in the growing Ford Performance lineup.

Beginning production late next year, the GT hits the road in select global markets to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Ford GT race cars placing 1-2-3 at the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans.

“As we at Ford drive innovation into every part of our business, it’s worth remembering that our first innovation as a company was not in a laboratory, but on the racetrack,” said Mark Fields, Ford president and chief executive officer, referring to Henry Ford’s win of a 1901 car race that inspired financial backers to invest in his company. “We are passionate about innovation through performance and creating vehicles that make people’s hearts pound.”

The all-new GT supercar features rear-wheel drive, a mid-mounted engine, and a sleek, aerodynamic, two-door coupe body shell. It is propelled by the most powerful EcoBoost production engine ever – a next-generation twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 producing more than 600 horsepower.

More at:https://media.ford.com/content/ford...rd-redefines-innovation-with-gt-supercar.html

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Re: Ford redefines innovation in aerodynamics, ecoboost and light-weighting with all-

Thinking more about their approach with this ultra light weight GT replacement that pushes the envelope for technology and materials, it would have made little since to add the needed boosting system weight to get over 600 hp out of a V8 for a total of about 150-200lbs additional, as they strive so hard to lose the weight with exotic materials. I like the approach.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Re: Ford redefines innovation in aerodynamics, ecoboost and light-weighting with all-

I just called up my father. I am leaving Friday with him to drive to Detroit from Philly. Just took off Friday. See you at the show! I cannot even fathom my excitement right now.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Re: ALl-New Ford GT Carbon Fiber Supercar

Ford OWNS Detroit!!!!!!! Everyone else pack the bags and go the fck home!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Re: ALl-New Ford GT Carbon Fiber Supercar

Yep, game over. This auto show has been thoroughly fcked for everyone who isn't Ford.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Re: ALL-New Ford GT Carbon Fiber Supercar

This car is amazing! The style blend the best of Lamborghini ( the old Miura) with the best from Ferrari ( La Ferrari). Plus: carbon fiber body, V6 turbo with more than 600 HP, active aerodinamics . Oh my God... is too much for a day.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
This is no more "2015 North American International Auto Show". Is the " 2015 Ford Auto Show"
They stole the show. Completly.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
The original GT was a retro-modern look back at the GT40, this new GT knows from whence it came, but its a thoroughly modern supercar in every way conceivable! I don't think there is a sporting cliche that can properly express how well I think Ford did with this design!

Regarding the Gen II 3.5EB that power it, awesome! Ford has really won me over with their Gen I 3.5EB engines and I can think of no better rolling testbed for the Gen II engine than Le Mans!

1 - 20 of 101 Posts