Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All-New Ford Taurus to Be Unveiled at the Shanghai Auto Show

Ford has announced it will unveil seven new vehicles for Asia Pacific at Auto Shanghai 2015 (April 22-29), including the new Taurus, which was developed with Chinese customers in mind.

The famous nameplate will arrive in China for the first time, with Ford promising the sedan will bring “sophisticated design, roomy space and advanced technology.” Ford didn’t say whether the new Taurus for China is the same model that will be unveiled in the United States this year, but we’d be surprised if it wasn’t given Ford’s global approach to new models.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/04/all-new-ford-taurus-to-be-unveiled-at.html

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Please let the production Continental and Taurus be as drastically different as the concept and mule show them to be!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I just hope the final product looks better than what we've been seeing in the recent spy photos. I love the ole Taurus I think it deserves to be something special.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
“sophisticated, expressive large sedan designed especially to meet the needs of Chinese consumers.”

This should mean there will be two version of the Taurus. One for NA and one bland version for China.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Here is the competition for the New Taurus in the states.

2015 Avalon...up over 20% YTD.

Just think about it. The New Taurus could be going more bland for the senior crowd that it's targeted at.

Which is why I think a Fusion ST/SHO should take the place of the soon to be even larger Taurus SHO.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The new Taurus probably won't look so bland in Titanium trim, I don't think there is reason to expect any significant design differences, although there will be an extended length Taurus with higher-end luxury finishes in China. Beyond bodystyle configurations and trim differences, Ford no loner designs global products to meet specific regional design preferences. The Taurus being tested in the US looks identical to the Taurus tested in China and Australia.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Here is the competition for the New Taurus in the states.

2015 Avalon...up over 20% YTD.

Just think about it. The New Taurus could be going more bland for the senior crowd that it's targeted at.

Which is why I think a Fusion ST/SHO should take the place of the soon to be even larger Taurus SHO.

Abso-freaking-lutely!!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
It's assumed Taurus will move to Flatrock in the US. I'm assuming the Taurus will be built at the Changan Ford Hangzhou Plant for China which is also assembling the new Edge.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I've read that the Mustang moved into the Fusion's assemblyline (the former Mazda6 half) some time ago, Igor - maybe when the S550 started??
...leaving the other half for the S(wic)/Continental - *I* still don't know about the Taurus

&
a Yahoo article says the Taurus will be shown at "a private event on April 18" in China, a couple days before Shanghai starts
(will update the Speculation/Index thread when I can...)

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I have trouble believing that, George

&
more googling - found the above rendering again at a site that has many more - 'labelled' as design sketches & way too big for my puter
got one & shrunk it:

[url]http://www.car-revs-daily.com/2014/09/29/2016-ford-taurus/
[/url]
^ W A R N I N G ^ way too much animation/pop-ups!

another for my own use :angel

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
SHANGHAI AUTO SHOW

Ford preps new Taurus as China flagship car
Automotive News China(Subscription Required) | 2015/4/7

Ford Motor Co. will introduce a new Taurus at the Shanghai auto show this month. The large sedan, which will be built at Changan Ford Automobile Co., will be the Ford brand's flagship car in China. The Taurus to be shown in Shanghai will be designed, built and sold only in China, a Ford spokesman said.

>> Read Full Story (Subscription Required)

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
That's a relief. So it's clear that the rather bland mages when have seen won't be the NA market Taurus.

Hopefully what we get is a bit more aggressive/expressive like this:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts