·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Midsize CUV coming in Summer 2015
Ford Inside News
By: Austin Rutherford
January 10, 2015

At last year's Shanghai Auto Show, Lincoln showed off their vision for the second generation MkX. Now, we finally see the real thing after pictures and details have leaked out ahead of its formal debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on Tuesday.

Most of the exterior has carried over from the concept. The now Lincoln trademark bow wave grill gives rise to perhaps the most bejeweled headlights ever seen on the production Lincoln. The headlight appearance comes from full adaptive HIDs with available LED strips. The strong belt lines of the sides of the MkX Concept have also been carried over.

Unlike the clamshell rear of the smaller MkC, the MkX features a more conventional rear liftgate. The full rear light-stripe has also carried over.

Power for the MkX will come from an available 2.7L V6 EcoBoost engine. Though not confirmed yet, we believe the base engine will be the 2.3L EcoBoost. Like the MkC, the MkX will likely have an all-EcoBoost engine lineup.

An important piece missing from the MkX concept was the design of the interior. The production version carries over the same basic design that we see in the MkC. The same push bottom drive controls are in the center console as we are used too next to Sync 2. Sadly, the already announced Sync 3 system will not debut on the MkX. The center console also features two cubby holes beneath it with Lincoln star rubber mats to keep things from moving.

Like the MkC, the MkX will also feature open pore woods in available walnut swirl and olive ash. Leather comes once again from Bridge of Wair Deepsoft leather. 22-way multi-contour seating will make sure anyone can ride comfortably in the MkX.

Technology included in the MkX will include the Vista Roof, kick motion lift gate, Lincoln star welcome mat, 360-degree camera, Lincoln Drive Control, adaptive steering, and for the first time Revel speaker sound system in either a 13 speaker or Ultima 19 speaker format. The interesting part of the front camera is that the Lincoln logo pops up to reveal it. That is detail that we have not seen in a Lincoln is quite some time.

No details on when a Black Label MkX will debut. Production of the MkX will kick off in April with order banks opening in February.

We will have more details and pictures of the 2016 Lincoln MkX on Tuesday.

Big thanks to Jose for the find!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'd really like to see only paint on the wheel arches
and maybe chrome on the rocker panels
Chrome, I think, would like cheap and blatant on the rocker panels. Remember how the outgoing Gator had chrome rocker panels? Yeah, they looked pretty bad. Heck, black plastic rocker panels look better than chrome ones.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I remember the old 70s-80s(?) Lincolns (& others) that had that)
imho
on the STREET, it just reflected the pavement and made them look like an "aircar" floating :joyous:

edit
wonder if they could put a 3M film over it for protection & easier cleaning?

re-edit
could be very cool at night reflecting the 'welcome mat'
:nevreness:

re-re-
just noticed that the doorhandle 'holes' light up :thumb:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
^ I remember the old 70s-80s(?) Lincolns (& others) that had that)
imho
on the STREET, it just reflected the pavement and made them look like an "aircar" floating :joyous:

edit
wonder if they could put a 3M film over it for protection & easier cleaning?

re-edit
could be very cool at night reflecting the 'welcome mat'
:nevreness:

re-re-
just noticed that the doorhandle 'holes' light up :thumb:
The door handle "glowing orbs" look great!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
You know the color of the lighting in the door handles is also matched to the color of the car. Not sure what that means for black, ha!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Definitely looks nice. Certainly could be described as a bigger version of the MKC. One question I have is...does the 2.7EB retain the CGI block or did they do an aluminum block? I know Ford said that the CGI block weighs a fair amount less in the F150 than a traditional iron block would have in that application.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Definitely looks nice. Certainly could be described as a bigger version of the MKC. One question I have is...does the 2.7EB retain the CGI block or did they do an aluminum block? I know Ford said that the CGI block weighs a fair amount less in the F150 than a traditional iron block would have in that application.
my understanding is the Nano engine family has a CGI block with aluminum heads

there IS info/explanation in a earlier CGI thread here

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I really think this main page post should at a minimum give credit to joseodiaga4 for this "leak". C'mon, a member of your own site is responsible for exposing this stash, be proud of that and acknowledge him!!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I really think this main page post should at a minimum give credit to joseodiaga4 for this "leak". C'mon, a member of your own site is responsible for exposing this stash, be proud of that and acknowledge him!!
I agree. Jose finds all of the good stuff!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
This article should've been linked to Jose's article! He deserves the credit for it. I knew it was going to be a leak this weekend, I just didn't think it would come from Lincoln of Canada. Since the story had been leaked, the embargos should come off probably tomorrow.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The worldcarfans.com website has also posted the leaked information first identified by Jose. :thumb: I think Jose's "super sleuthing" has provided most of the mainstream auto media with ample justification to release the leaked information. Nice detective work Jose! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
This article should've been linked to Jose's article! He deserves the credit for it. I knew it was going to be a leak this weekend, I just didn't think it would come from Lincoln of Canada. Since the story had been leaked, the embargos should come off probably tomorrow.
The worldcarfans.com website has also posted the leaked information first identified by Jose. :thumb: I think Jose's "super sleuthing" has provided most of the mainstream auto media with ample justification to release the leaked information. Nice detective work Jose! :thumb:
thanks guys I appreciate it but it is not necessary to give me credit at all! I don't do this for "Thank You" or recognition I do it because I like this brand a lot and I share this with you because I know you do also and we've waiting for this MKX for a long time!
Now it's time to wait for the final info!
:D

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
thanks guys I appreciate it but it is not necessary to give me credit at all! I don't do this for "Thank You" or recognition I do it because I like this brand a lot and I share this with you because I know you do also and we've waiting for this MKX for a long time!
Now it's time to wait for the final info!
:D
I found the leak but I would like to thank Bloggin because he posted the photos (I couldn't because I found the leak on my phone)

btw can someone help me with my Avatar pic? why does it looks so small again?:banghead:

1 - 20 of 341 Posts