Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Content Admin
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All New Mazda3 MPS (Euro Specs)

Large Image
HIROSHIMA, Japan; The Mazda3 MPS sport compact pushes Mazda design further and its exciting driving performance perfectly represents Mazda’s Zoom-Zoom spirit. Carrying forward the MZR 2.3 DISI Turbo engine, Mazda3 MPS builds on the popularity and recognition of the previous model. It evolves the driving experience to an entirely new level of quality and pleasure with its emotional design and exhilarating performance.

The all-new Mazda3 Program Manager, Yoshiyuki Maeda, says, “These two models add extra value to an all-new Mazda3 lineup that has already shown strong appeal. The new Mazda3 series takes a significant step ahead in both the realms of driving performance and environmental technology to lead the way toward a new generation of motoring.”

[Mazda Japan]
posted earlier
Mazda will show a new Mazda3 MPS at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show. We have the scoop and details but we need to honor mazda's request to keep the embargo until they are ready to release.

Embargo Lift: March 3rd, 2009 7:30am - Germany time/ 3:30 pm - Japan time..

·
Content Admin
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have seen it and its hot. This is our first (fomoconews.com preview of embargoed stuff) and though I was really tempted to post the images so that we would be the first, I decided aganist it. Becouse Ford and its success is far much more important for this site than our google ratings.
ooh, the agony of doing the right thing.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
It's smiling at me...and it is not even a good smile...more like mickey mouse after a bad face lift smile.
Just don't park it in front od a glass building, or it will see it's reflection and wimper off in embarrassment!

So, exactly where would one place the front licenses plate?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
All New Mazda3 MPS, *more detail* - MotorAuthority

More details for the hotted up Mazda3 Mazdaspeed (MPS)
...MotorAuthority

Posted Today, 6:46 PM by Viknesh Vijayenthiran

Mazda used last year’s Los Angeles Auto Show to debut the new 2010 Mazda3 Sedan, and then followed it with the reveal of the Hatchback model at the Bologna Motor Show just one month later. There is still one more variant of the Mazda3 in the works and it is set to make its world debut at the Geneva Motor Show this week.

The car is the sporty Mazdaspeed (MPS) model and it has now been revealed ahead of its official world debut. Details about the upcoming hot-hatch are yet to be released, although we can confirm that it will come with the same MZR 2.3L turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine as the current model. Output is expected to be slightly higher than the current model, up somewhere around the 268hp (200kW) mark.

While other specs for the car are hard to come by, there are rumors that the newly developed RevoKnuckle FWD suspension system from the Ford Focus RS could be used in the Mazda. An AWD set-up has been ruled out.

Differentiating the Mazdaspeed from the regular Mazda3 lineup is a large hood scoop for the turbo, oversized air-intakes in the front bumper, a rear diffuser, large-diameter twin-exhaust pipes, and a chunky rear wing.

The new Mazda3 Mazdaspeed will go on sale in Europe in the second quarter of the year and should reach the U.S. before the end of the year.
The Japanese carmaker will also use next month’s Geneva event to unveil a Mazda3 with i-stop – a fuel-saving engine stop-start feature.​

1 - 7 of 7 Posts