Ford Inside News banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aluminum 2015 Ford F-150 Leaves Positive Impression on Consumer Reports

Tom Mutchler drove the F-150 equipped with the 325hp 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 engine and found the downsized unit to be surprisingly responsive, delivering almost effortless performance. Furthermore, he described as better to drive than the Silverado with the 5.3-liter engine.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/10/aluminum-2015-ford-f-150-leaves.html

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
So let's see, measures 700 lbs less, just as they claimed, which hopefully will stifle some of the typical rhetoric.
They like the 2.7L, calling it responsive, never straining and drives better than GM's V8.
Oh, and they complained that it is not as softly sprung as the Ram. Good. If I wanted car with coil springs and far less towing capacity, I would consider the Ram. I like the somewhat firm ride of a truck. That is why I buy them.

Looking good so far for the F-150. And hopefully the new 10 speed coming as an upgrade will close that gap with a small Diesel. That is impressive.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm thinking the new F-150 will nut-kick the competition at least as well as the last couple of generations did. I'm almost sad when I see the new GM trucks, because that styling has barely changed since it debuted in 1988.

The Dodge eco-diesel thing is potentially a game-changer for the eternal #3 American truck, but they don't even offer enough per year to equal more than a month or so of F-series sales.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I'm thinking the new F-150 will nut-kick the competition at least as well as the last couple of generations did. I'm almost sad when I see the new GM trucks, because that styling has barely changed since it debuted in 1988.

The Dodge eco-diesel thing is potentially a game-changer for the eternal #3 American truck, but they don't even offer enough per year to equal more than a month or so of F-series sales.
You couldn't tell that by going over to GMI. Over there, the Silverado is gorgeous, the 2015 F-150 looks exactly like a 2014, the weight savings never happened, the GM Twins will overtake the F-150, etc. It's a strange land.

·
Registered
632 Posts
That's one of the reasons I don't go there. The admins would punt me, anyway, for having something about GM's ability to kill drivers and hide the facts for a decade in my sig. My GM-driving friends get testy when I bring that, and the 30 million recalls, up.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
That's one of the reasons I don't go there. The admins would punt me, anyway, for having something about GM's ability to kill drivers and hide the facts for a decade in my sig. My GM-driving friends get testy when I bring that, and the 30 million recalls, up.
I've been posting over there for a while and have dodged admin/moderator action thus far. You would probably get more hassle from members than anyone with authority.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I've been posting over there for a while and have dodged admin/moderator action thus far. You would probably get more hassle from members than anyone with authority.

·
Registered
219 Posts
So let's see, measures 700 lbs less, just as they claimed, which hopefully will stifle some of the typical rhetoric.
They like the 2.7L, calling it responsive, never straining and drives better than GM's V8.
Oh, and they complained that it is not as softly sprung as the Ram. Good. If I wanted car with coil springs and far less towing capacity, I would consider the Ram. I like the somewhat firm ride of a truck. That is why I buy them.

Looking good so far for the F-150. And hopefully the new 10 speed coming as an upgrade will close that gap with a small Diesel. That is impressive.
Dodge just put out a press release saying they will double there oil burners. I think Ford will add there 5 cylinder diesel to the F150 line up soon, if this could hit the magic 30 MPG mark then they would not be able to keep any on the lots as they would be sold out for ever.

I thought the new trany was a 9 speed but I have been wrong before and will be wrong again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts