Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some input. Over the last year I have ordered and canceled about 5 cars. I keep canceling because I keep thinking something better is going come along. WHat do you guys think?

I ordered a 2011 Fusion Sport AWD but canceled because I hear a new one is coming along in a couple years.

I ordered an Edge sport but canceled a the last reason for no good reason...The same for an F-150 Lariat. I guess I wasn't totally in love with either

I ordered a Focus Titanium but canceled that because I think its too small for my daughter to sit in the back seat...the same with the Volvo S60.

The I was looking at a Charger R/t AWD but I really do not want a V8

Its always the same. I order then a couple days later I start having second thoughts and cancel. I order through Military car sales overseas, that is why it is mostly ford vehicles. I really do not know what is wrong with me. The Fusion has been at the top of my list but I don't want to get something and it be out dated in a year. What do you guys think? Am I crazy?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
buying a Ford lately is getting as bad as trying to buy a new computer: things keep getting better & better and you don't want to miss out on the next new thing...

...c'est la vie

&
to answer your question in the nicest way possible

but it's not your fault - it's Ford's
and if I had the wherewithall, would probably be in the same boat

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I might way till after NAIAS to see what Ford has coming. I cannot wait too long because I also have to replace my wifes 06 Pilot soon ( with either an Explorer or Durango) so I need to get one soon and pay it off in 2 or 3 years before she gets hers.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey guys I need some input. Over the last year I have ordered and canceled about 5 cars. I keep canceling because I keep thinking something better is going come along. WHat do you guys think?

I ordered a 2011 Fusion Sport AWD but canceled because I hear a new one is coming along in a couple years.

I ordered an Edge sport but canceled a the last reason for no good reason...The same for an F-150 Lariat. I guess I wasn't totally in love with either

I ordered a Focus Titanium but canceled that because I think its too small for my daughter to sit in the back seat...the same with the Volvo S60.

The I was looking at a Charger R/t AWD but I really do not want a V8

Its always the same. I order then a couple days later I start having second thoughts and cancel. I order through Military car sales overseas, that is why it is mostly ford vehicles. I really do not know what is wrong with me. The Fusion has been at the top of my list but I don't want to get something and it be out dated in a year. What do you guys think? Am I crazy?
LOL, I cracked up reading this. ;) No, your not crazy. I think the same way then worry about the first year bugs. I usually go into deep, deep thought before I do anything and this takes me a long period of time. I read everything I can get my hands on then worry people to death on various forums asking questions. I do like to wait until a new model is out for a while to see if there are any issues with them. I dont have to be the first guy to have one.

There is no reason to worry yourself to death over this because no matter what you do its going to be a compromise of sorts. Cars and trucks keep getting better and better but there is no reason you cant buy a new Ford for example and take good care of it and get a good long service life out of it. Just take your time and think things out. There is always going to be the next best thing no matter what you do so dont lose any sleep over it.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Have you concidered an MKZ Sport? It would be the same engine in the Fusion Sport but a better tuned suspension and much more features with a better interior..

and just for refrence the new Fusion wont be around till maybe 2012

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny you should mention that. My dealer just told me about a 2010 MKZ that they have in stock. I think its AWD with a sunroof and Remote start. Not a lot of options but they still come pretty well equipped. They are trying to get rid of the 2010's so it may be a really good deal on one.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Funny you should mention that. My dealer just told me about a 2010 MKZ that they have in stock. I think its AWD with a sunroof and Remote start. Not a lot of options but they still come pretty well equipped. They are trying to get rid of the 2010's so it may be a really good deal on one.
I would check it out for sure! I believe they all have heating and cooling seats std. which I cannot live without on my LS ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It sounds like you have nooo idea what you want. Can you narrow down a bit what's going into this car buying decision?
You are right. ..I dont have any idea. These are my last three cars ( besides the beater I bought for work)

06 Honda Accord
03 Honda Acoord
96 Honda Accord

And my wife drives a 06 Honda Pilot.

I would like a car to be pretty well equipped. It does not have to be loaded and I want to get the most bang for the buck. In about 2 or 3 years I will be purchasing the wife a new car. So that means I will have to get something that I can have paid off before then. I dont want two car payments. With that I am trying to keep my purchase under $40K. So I guess I am looking for the best car under $40K. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
218 Posts
You are right. ..I dont have any idea. These are my last three cars ( besides the beater I bought for work)

06 Honda Accord
03 Honda Acoord
96 Honda Accord

And my wife drives a 06 Honda Pilot.

I would like a car to be pretty well equipped. It does not have to be loaded and I want to get the most bang for the buck. In about 2 or 3 years I will be purchasing the wife a new car. So that means I will have to get something that I can have paid off before then. I dont want two car payments. With that I am trying to keep my purchase under $40K. So I guess I am looking for the best car under $40K. Does that make sense?
Ok, so by "best car", how do you value things such as fuel economy, interior passenger room, hauling utility? What sort of things do you expect, or don't expect when you say "pretty well equipped"? Be specific!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, so by "best car", how do you value things such as fuel economy, interior passenger room, hauling utility? What sort of things do you expect, or don't expect when you say "pretty well equipped"? Be specific!

Ok I see what you are saying. Fuel Economy is not that big of a deal. As long as it is decent I am Ok. I will be the primary driver with only my wife and Daughter as passnegers 90% of the time. I have to have rear leg room for her, leather seats and moonroof. I will not without those options. I would like to have Push button start, Nav, Bluetooth, rain sensing wipers, memory seats and HIDs. Those things are not super important but I would really like to have them. I can't do a manual because my wife refuses to learn how to drive one. I am more of a "features" type of guy although realistically I know if I get eveything I wanted I prob would not use them most of the time...

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Ok I see what you are saying. Fuel Economy is not that big of a deal. As long as it is decent I am Ok. I will be the primary driver with only my wife and Daughter as passnegers 90% of the time. I have to have rear leg room for her, leather seats and moonroof. I will not without those options. I would like to have Push button start, Nav, Bluetooth, rain sensing wipers, memory seats and HIDs. Those things are not super important but I would really like to have them. I can't do a manual because my wife refuses to learn how to drive one. I am more of a "features" type of guy although realistically I know if I get eveything I wanted I prob would not use them most of the time...
MKZ seems right up your alley, the only thing it does not have is the push button start

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you have a minimum spec for power? You also seem to order/cancel a lot of AWD/4x4 vehicles, is this a necessity? For safety reasons or for driving feel?
I dont have a minimun but the last car I owned only had something like 160 HP. I would like to have more than that. Maybe anything 200 and up. Well I hear that AWD cars handle so well so I figured that If I get something with more power it would best to get AWD. Everycar I have ever owned has need FWD

·
Registered
218 Posts
Personally, I don't think you "need" AWD unless you're an enthusiast driver, or wish to have it for inclement weather. Having more power under the hood doesn't change this fact IMO.

Looks like a Fusion AWD Sport with 402A package has just about everything except push-button start would do the trick for about $32,500. I'm not sure what more the Lincoln offers for it's price premium, Andrew could probably elobrate.

I'm sure I'll get hammered for this, but I think you owe it to yourself to also check out and test drive a Buick Regal w/2.0T (FWD only) and Buick LaCrosse w/3.6 V6 (FWD/AWD). Even if your set on Ford (which doesn't appear to be the case since you ordered/cancelled a Charger), you should at least give another brand a try, if for no other reason than to prove to yourself that you made the right call. The aforementioned Buicks fit your want/need list of features just as well as the Fusion/MKZ at a similar price point. Regal is about the same size, a little sportier look and little less powerful than the Fusion/MKZ. The Lacrosse is definitely bigger, heavier with a stronger powertrain.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Personally, I don't think you "need" AWD unless you're an enthusiast driver, or wish to have it for inclement weather. Having more power under the hood doesn't change this fact IMO.

Looks like a Fusion AWD Sport with 402A package has just about everything except push-button start would do the trick for about $32,500. I'm not sure what more the Lincoln offers for it's price premium, Andrew could probably elobrate.

I'm sure I'll get hammered for this, but I think you owe it to yourself to also check out and test drive a Buick Regal w/2.0T (FWD only) and Buick LaCrosse w/3.6 V6 (FWD/AWD). Even if your set on Ford (which doesn't appear to be the case since you ordered/cancelled a Charger), you should at least give another brand a try, if for no other reason than to prove to yourself that you made the right call. The aforementioned Buicks fit your want/need list of features just as well as the Fusion/MKZ at a similar price point. Regal is about the same size, a little sportier look and little less powerful than the Fusion/MKZ. The Lacrosse is definitely bigger, heavier with a stronger powertrain.
the MKZ will give you right off the bat standard, Bridge of Weir leather which is very high quality leather, real wood trim as apposed to fake plastic, complimentrary maintenance, 3.5L V6 with 268 HP, 10 Way power seats (both) with memory and power lumbar, heated power mirrors with memory, Heating and Cooling Front seats, Sync, Keyless Entry Keypad on the door, Reverse Sensing System

You can add on, HIDs (not available on the Fusion), Navigation (which usually comes with the THX sound system which is AWESOME 600 watts of power), and Rain sensing wipers. the rest Sync, Memory, and turning headlights with the steering wheel are standard.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was looking at Buick but I cannot get them overseas hey do not do a military overseas program. I like the Fusion Sport as well as the MKZ. I am just waiting to see now what price they are offering the MKZ at.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts

And while you are at it give the Taurus a try. It has everything the LaCrosse offers and loads more (if you are willing to pay for it) and your girl will have loads of space in that back seat. A Taurus AWD Limited with leather and sunroof should set you back about $34,500 but with the military discounts and the year end event savings you are probably looking at a steal there.

I mean we have established you are crazy but despite that fact I am pretty sure Ford does want your business.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Your are paranoid to leave the Honda family........gotta say your paranoia is keeping money in the bank account.

Stay with Honda and check out the new Accord Sport Wagon oops I mean in your country Acura TSX Sportwagon, should be a comfortable move
for you and your bank account.

During a product briefing today, Acura executives revealed that the 2011 TSX Sport Wagon will be priced from $30,960 (not including $860 for destination) when it goes on sale in just a few weeks.
All TSX Sport Wagons come standard with a leather-trimmed interior, premium seven-speaker sound system, XM radio, USB audio with iPod integration, Bluetooth connectivity and a power moonroof. For an extra $3,650 you can opt for the TSX Technology Package, which adds sat-nav with voice recognition and rear-view camera, an ELS surround audio system, GPS-linked solar-sensing climate control and a power liftgate out back.

The only engine available in the Sport Wagon is the TSX's 2.4-liter inline-four, mated exclusively to a five-speed automatic transmission (a six-speed manual is available on the sedan). 201 horsepower is perfectly adequate for the Sport Wagon

1 - 20 of 64 Posts