Ford Inside News banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I see this as a great chance for Ford to increase sales dramatically as this boycott was pushing so many buyers to other brands - NOT!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
It's about time! I think it was ridiculous for them to boycott Ford in the first place. And in my opinion I think it's great that Ford doesn't discriminate or judge people for whom or what they are or what they believe in because as long as a person is happy I personally believe that's all that matters. Now I am not a very religious person and I have never claimed to be but if I recall the Bible says not to judge one another. And the American Family Association "claims" to be all about good Christian values but if their judging someone for whom they are then their kind of contradicting themselves.

But that's just what I think.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
"If a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it............?"

Honestly, this gives Ford a little press but I highly doubt that the boycott or it's miraculous "lifting" have had any effect on sales, up or down.

Now they can move on to more important things like loving their neighbor and "judging not", and throwing their weight around with the McCain campaign.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Ford has never promoted alternative lifestyles, but it has always been clear to me that they don't disciriminate either. There are many gay Ford employees and Ford acknowledges this and does not make their life any harder than it has to be. I totally agree with this.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
This is interesting. Just today, I found this in the latest Automotive News. It look like Honda is giving the oh-so-holy ones another target:

Honda adds benefits for same-sex partners

Kathy Jackson

Automotive News | March 10, 2008 - 12:01 am EST

LOS ANGELES — Honda Motor Co. has agreed to offer employee benefits to same-sex partners at its U.S. operations.

Partners of its gay employees will be eligible for the same benefits as the spouses of legally married employees, said Honda spokesman Jeffrey Smith.

Honda and Acura were among only five auto brands in this country not offering benefits to the partners of gay employees, according to the automotive Web site www.gaywheels.com.

"This change clearly supports our ongoing diversity interests," Smith said. "It is Honda's philosophy to respect individuals."

The program initially represents employees at four of Honda's U.S. operations but will be extended to all 26,000 U.S. employees in 12 to 24 months, Smith said.

Employees now eligible are at American Honda Motor Co. Inc. and Honda R&D Americas Inc. in Torrance Calif.; Honda Manufacturing of Alabama LLC in Lincoln, Ala.; and Honda Power Equipment Manufacturing Inc. in Swepsonville, N.C.

Smith said the program was not rolled out to all employees at the same time because of the "complex structure" of the Honda organization. "But this will be a U.S.-wide program," he said.

Gaywheels.com Publisher Joe LaMuraglia said "it's a great step" for Honda. He is looking forward to the program being rolled out to all Honda employees.

Once Honda and Acura roll out the program nationwide, LaMuraglia says, Hyundai, Kia and Suzuki will be the only brands that do not have benefits programs for all gay employees in this country.

SOURCE: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080310/ANA03/803100336&template=printart

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
If I may just say...as a gay man...the AFA needs to focus their attention on more important concerns...like the alarmingly increasing rate of heterosexual families that are falling apart!

I am glad that this annoying mess is finally over and am still very passionate in my support of Ford Motor and the other manufacturers that are open in supporting those who live an alternative lifestyle and their families.

As for interest groups like the AFA...there are far more interests groups than American's have interest for.

Stay Fabulous!
RG59061

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If I may just say...as a gay man...the AFA needs to focus their attention on more important concerns...like the alarmingly increasing rate of heterosexual families that are falling apart!

I am glad that this annoying mess is finally over and am still very passionate in my support of Ford Motor and the other manufacturers that are open in supporting those who live an alternative lifestyle and their families.

As for interest groups like the AFA...there are far more interests groups than American's have interest for.

Stay Fabulous!
RG59061
I wish it were over.

And it seems the American family is indeed falling apart, and without any help from the Gay community either, thank you very much.

I think former Pennsylvania Senator ( I love writing "former" next his name) Said that Gay people were a threat to the American family.

How? Why does my choice to not have a family in any way harm those that do?

If indeed the first casualty of war is the truth, then the first casualty of politics is common sense.

I think Gay people are "The-Last-Minority". The right wing are holding on to it for dear life. Without a group like Gays to scapegoat, they are denied their last and favorite red herring. And it's a red herring that has worked oh-so well in the recent past. When all else fails, blame the Gays. Sadly, it works.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I think former Pennsylvania Senator ( I love writing "former" next his name) Said that Gay people were a threat to the American family.

How? Why does my choice to not have a family in any way harm those that do?

He must have been a complete idiot and that's putting it nicely.

How in the **** are Gay people a threat to the American family?

It doesn't at all.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Guys Keep it Civil..
And lets not stray too much into politics otherwise Fordrules might shut this thread

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
My apologizes. Didn't mean to get too wound up
I agree with you, Basically, Car companies should not be forced to cater to one group at the expense of the other. A Car will carry anyone who can sit in it.. why should Ford have to choose between one group or the other?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was quite angry when I first head about this, but in the
end I think this organization doesn't deserve my time of
day, and so I'm just going to ignore it, as it's pretty stupid.
Ford didn't give into their demands, they just cut their budget
because of money problems. Of course, they're going to twist
it to make it seem as if they got their way, but the only real
effect will be whoever boycotted Ford will now buy Ford again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts