Ford Inside News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the idea to take the new Fiesta platform, and design a 2+2 small sporty convertible on it.

Hopefully I'll find time to work on it this week.

Anyway, the idea would be to design a small sporty car that could actually be built and sold for slightly more than the Fiesta.

Any ideas, suggestions?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I think they should've made the Reflex.

What I'm working toward is a convertible 2 door version of the Fiesta.

For a car like the Reflex, I would start with the MX-5 platform, throw in a 3.5L ecoboost V6 and make it a Ford 2 door sports coupe with 360 hp. Then it would be 2 seat only. However, a 5.0L coyote powered fixed roof coupe would be very cool as well. Especially since I would move the front wheels forward a bit anyway.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I just meant styling-wise, Colvin. Was gonna say something to that effect & spaced :yikes:

see imho Ford IS going to build the Reflex but as a Fwd 3-door sport-coupe (REVO-KNUCKLES!!!) on the Focus platform** - not an exact copy of course since it'll seat 4 & ½ people (like most cars don't really seat 5... ...for very long)
AND
I'm hoping the 'Reflex' will provide a 3rd tophat's sheetmetal that will get used for the Mercury C557 :hyper: in sedan form
so the littlest Merc won't look much like the Focus at all... hopehopehope
(altho I DO think the Focus is GORGEOUS - just want the Merc to have its own look - & a bit nicer than 'gorgeous' is..."gorgeous-er?" - I even did an un-posted C557 chop based on the C-Max to try to be diff)

** we haveN'T seen a Focus 3-door yet have we???

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it looks very good imho, Colvin

but not sure that angle would show off the difference from the regular Fiesta that much - maybe more of a towards-the-side view?
I need to rework the top, maybe a side view will help it though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts