Ford Inside News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be buying a hybrid in the fall / spring ... any news on the C-Max refresh on this side of the Atlantic? any changes in the power train / MPG planned? The EU version has been out for months, but the US seems way too quiet about this update.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I don't think we'll see the EU update for the C-Max in the US because the US has a unique fascia/front fenders for Hybrid and Energy models not sold elsewhere in the world. Ford would have announced the update alongside the EU launch anyway if it were happening globally. We may see a stealth update on the interior so it gets the new steering wheel and Switchgear, probably alongside Sync 3. They could do what they did with the Focus EV, update everything except the fascia which would mean a tweaked bum. Either way, I don't think C-Max Hybrid is long for this world and is probably riding out the next couple years until it's dropped for the long rumored but never seen dedicated Hybrid based on the next-gen Focus. The C-Max will solider on in the rest of the world just fine.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
same 'source', a bit more, but think I'm getting confused

Production of existing Focus and C-Max will end in 2017 in Michigan to make room for the new PHEV (and Transit Connect/pickup truck as we previously speculated). My guess is there will probably be a couple of months or so without any Focus production in NAFTA zone until the new generation (2018 model year) starts production in Mexico. C-Max is likely not coming back.​

1 - 4 of 4 Posts