Ford Inside News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My g/f is looking for a new car. She has a 2012 Chevy Sonic that has 94k miles (she drives a lot) and it's starting to give her a boat load of problems. She was looking at the C-Max and really likes it, I think it has the same powertrain as my MKZ Hybrid. Any pros and cons I should know about? I am not that familiar with them since they never appealed to me. She was trying to compare it to her old car which was a Malibu Maxx but her dad is under the impression that the Malibu Maxx was a lot bigger and the C Max is tiny compared to it. Not so sure on that one. I know the C Max goes away soon she may look at a CPO or buy new not sure yet though depends on deals.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
C-Max is effectively out of stock, Ford really needs to remove it from the site.

As for size,

C-Max
174″ L x 72″ W x 64″ H
Cargo volume: 24.5 ft³, 52.6 ft³ with seat area

Malibu Max
188″ L x 70″ W x 58″ H
Cargo volume: 22.8 ft³, 41 ft³ with seat area

C-Max is taller and more cavernous, it's a little more like a Crossover than the longer Maxx wagon. The C-Max actually has more cargo room than the MAXX. So indeed it's bigger overall, just not longer. I don't think people realize just how much bigger vehicles are getting and even a small car today is bigger than a midsize car from a decade ago.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C-Max is effectively out of stock, Ford really needs to remove it from the site.

As for size,

C-Max
174″ L x 72″ W x 64″ H
Cargo volume: 24.5 ft³, 52.6 ft³ with seat area

Malibu Max
188″ L x 70″ W x 58″ H
Cargo volume: 22.8 ft³, 41 ft³ with seat area

C-Max is taller and more cavernous, it's a little more like a Crossover than the longer Maxx wagon. The C-Max actually has more cargo room than the MAXX. So indeed it's bigger overall, just not longer. I don't think people realize just how much bigger vehicles are getting and even a small car today is bigger than a midsize car from a decade ago.

Thanks I'm at a work conference for the week in Orlando so I didnt have time to look up the numbers. I sent them to her tho and shes surprised. She looked at a new one last night but it was cut short cause of a thunderstorm she wants to go back and look again apparently the dealer is discounting it heavily.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I only see 1 C-Max in stock in a 100 Mile radius of me, so I would snatch it up if she wants it! I assume there must be more stock in other parts of the country.

C-Max is a very unusual vehicle, it's smartly packaged but it's really the last of the roomy MPVs in the US. The options are now between much smaller sub-compact utilities or taller compact utilities.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts