Ford Inside News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

where oh where to post this...
technically not a Fomoco product (OH, Slings & Arrows!) tho completely developed under Ford's aegis:

The new Aston Martin DBS is in the process of being revealed at the 2007 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.
These pix are undoubtedly showing up at all the usual suspects' websites - haven't found candid/live shots yet,
but here's a new-to-me site with all the press release pix
www.MotiveMagazine.com

Juliet:
"'Tis almost morning; I would have thee gone:
And yet no farther than a wanton's bird;
That lets it hop a little from her hand,
Like a poor prisoner in his twisted gyves,
And with a silk thread plucks it back again,
So loving-jealous of his liberty."
Damn, looking at these pix, my 'gyves' sure are twisting...
& sorrowful-sweetness really sucks!

Pray, let the wanton Ford pluck back this Bird ASAP!!!
( O that I were a glove upon that hand, That I might touch that shifter... link )

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
^^ are you sure, S?

(sorry I'm google-challenged today for some reason but)
I saw posts/reports recently that they either sold it All,
or that they got more $$$$ for it than the original stories indicated.
The stake may be less than 20% as I was quoting from memory but Ford kept a stake in the neighborhood of 80 to 90 million USD in the now independent company.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Even if it were 1%, anyone should be proud to call a piece of Aston Martin their own. If I won the lottery tomorrow my second stop would be the AM dealer to place my order.

(My first stop would be the bank to deposit the check)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Even if it were 1%, anyone should be proud to call a piece of Aston Martin their own. If I won the lottery tomorrow my second stop would be the AM dealer to place my order.

(My first stop would be the bank to deposit the check)
Me if I won the lottery, I would probably wait at least two years before changing my life stlye significantly, just becouse I would not want to end up like alot of lottery winners, Broke. I would buy bonds and real estate primarily, and keep my job, perhaps get a Ph.D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts