Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
swiped from GMI
mgescuro said:
The Jaguar That The Villain Will Drive In The New Bond Movie Is Terrifyingly Awesome

Jaguar is taking their "Good to be Bad" marketing campaign to the next level. The English automaker's sinister C-X75 supercar concept will be the vehicle of choice for the villain in the upcoming James Bond flick "Spectre," Autocar reports.

The Jag C-X75 will face off against Bond's brand new Aston Martin DB10 that was commissioned specially for the 24th installment in the film series.

According to the automotive publication, sources "involved with the project" report that the supercar concept is undergoing modifications for the upcoming film. This includes the removal of the C-X75's 800 horsepower hybrid powertrain. In its place will be Jaguar's trusty 5.0 liter supercharged V8 engine, from the company's phenomenal F-Type sports car.

Read more: http://uk.businessinsider.com/bond-24-spectre-james-bond-aston-martin-db10-versus-jaguar-villain-2014-12#ixzz3MYREjhgn

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
afaik unrelated

via
Aston Martin Teases Vulcan, Could Herald New Driver Program - AutoInfoQuest
February 21, 2015

...Aston Martin has released an all new teaser video for its upcoming Vulcan race car ahead of its official debut at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show in March...

...The Vulcan would be a solid response to the recently unveiled McLaren P1 GTR. Like The GTR, the Vulcan would most likely use a hybrid system that is working in conjunction with a highly modified V12 engine that is capable of producing well over 700 horsepower.

In addition to the lofty horsepower numbers, the Vulcan is also believed to be the figurative spearhead of an all new Aston Martin driver program...

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Regarding the DB10, trying to pull off a design that simplistic is extremely difficult and IMO they've not advanced the Aston look with it. I think the current Astons, even as long in the tooth as they are are still among the best designs in all the automobile industry. It's like being put in charge of redesigning the Mustang or Corvette, it's virtually impossible to take them far enough forward without losing to much of what made them iconic to begin with. Shorter, it's a thankless job.

Regarding 007, I've always been a fan of Sean Connery in that role, nobody else had even come close. Daniel Craig has IMO really taken Bond in a contemporary direction, I love that the character and movies are more raw, less cartoonish! The most recent movies are far and away my favorite, nostalgia aside!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts